E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warranty Expire Advice Needed

05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
RWDinWisconsin
3SeriesDesire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Garage List
2002 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [1.00]
1991 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
Warranty Expire Advice Needed

My car goes into the dealer on Monday for its last visit before the expiration of the warranty. The list I have them looking at is:

Replacing some interior trim panels that have some chipping.

Looking at the door lock actuators since every so often the cycle multiple times when I go to unlock the door. It almost seems like the actuator is not getting enough juice so it keeps trying until it gets there.

Same as above but with the trunk.

The iDrive takes forever to "warm up". On first start up it will take up to 20 seconds for the buttons to start responding. This includes something as simple as adjusting the volume, which can be annoying if the last time you drove the car a great song was on and then you start it and have to hear some crappy song way too loud.

Oil in the intake track. There is a fair amount of oil in the system and they are going to look at the intake and CCV system as well as the valves for carbon build up.

What else should I mention to them to have looked at? I would much prefer to have it looked at prior to the end of the warranty than after.

Folks have recommended having an indy shop look over the car too and make recommendations for the dealer to look at. Anyone have a suggestion for a good indy shop in the Madison WI area?

People have mentioned brakes before too. I am amazed at how much brake dust shows up on my rims even without hard driving. Is this something that they should look at too and potentially address prior to the warranty expire?

Thanks in advance for your help guys (and gals)!

Rob
      05-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
RWDinWisconsin
3SeriesDesire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Garage List
2002 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [1.00]
1991 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
Bump for some opinions and help with a good Madison indi shop.