F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Any good Diets?
proTUNING Freaks

01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport

Any good Diets?

Hey guys I have a pretty good workout regiment but I need a diet I can successfully follow. It's hard because I spend anywhere from 8-12hrs at work. I need easy lunches I can bring to work and healthy snacks for when I'm stuck at work for 12hrs. I'm just looking to maintain weight and just reduce my belly a bit to try for some abs! I'm around 12% body fat so I'm looking for a diet to work with my workout regiment.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
thebiggdaddy
Registered
Rep
Drives: N/A

Well, you should give us more info such as what your current diet is. If you're at 12% bodyfat, this tells us that your current diet isn't too bad. You just need to tweak it up a bit. Make sure to eat every 3 hours. Menshealth.com is a great source for diet and nutrition.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
ChrisDUS
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

I had great success with the "Slow Carb Diet" outlined by Timothy Ferriss in his book "The 4-hour body".
From 15% BF to 11% BF in 6 weeks, lost about 20 pounds in the process and am feeling very good with it as it is easy to follow.

Just google for it and you will find tons of information on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

For losing body fat, I would keep a high protein, low carb, and high essential fats diet. Eat most of your carbs in the morning because that way you burn a ton of the carbs during the day.

Sample diet could be something like:
(each meal is 2-3 hours apart)

-Breakfast- 3-4 eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast
-Meal 2: a protein shake mixed with milk (whatever kind you like) and a fruit
-Meal 3: a Greek yogurt with a cheese stick and a fruit
-Meal 4: lean beef or chicken breast
-Meal 5: protein shake with some vegetables or a salad
--you can add a meal 6 if you need more calories/carbs/protein.

I don't really know your caloric needs but for anyone trying to lose body fat, he/she needs to be on a calorie deficit. Idk if you're big on supplementation, but a thermogenic would help a ton. Oxyelite pro works well. Yohimbine HCL is also good for getting rid of stubborn fat in some places. Either way brotha, good luck!

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
For losing body fat, I would keep a high protein, low carb, and high essential fats diet. Eat most of your carbs in the morning because that way you burn a ton of the carbs during the day.

Sample diet could be something like:
(each meal is 2-3 hours apart)

-Breakfast- 3-4 eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast
-Meal 2: a protein shake mixed with milk (whatever kind you like) and a fruit
-Meal 3: a Greek yogurt with a cheese stick and a fruit
-Meal 4: lean beef or chicken breast
-Meal 5: protein shake with some vegetables or a salad
--you can add a meal 6 if you need more calories/carbs/protein.

I don't really know your caloric needs but for anyone trying to lose body fat, he/she needs to be on a calorie deficit. Idk if you're big on supplementation, but a thermogenic would help a ton. Oxyelite pro works well. Yohimbine HCL is also good for getting rid of stubborn fat in some places. Either way brotha, good luck!
I kind of like this one. My biggest issue is every other week I work at 630a so it becomes difficult to wake up early enough to actually cook a breakfast and I usually just eat cereal and a protein shake. It looks like I need to buy some protein mix exclusively for work too. With this, is there really a "lunch"?

Lastly, on the weeks I work at 8 I get off at 6 and usually head for the gym, but because of this, I don't get home until around 9. Is that too late to eat chicken?

I am interested in these supplements, since most of my fat is the stubborn stomach fat. I don't want to spend much money on supplements tho so if you had to recommend one, what would it be?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTMH8N View Post
I kind of like this one. My biggest issue is every other week I work at 630a so it becomes difficult to wake up early enough to actually cook a breakfast and I usually just eat cereal and a protein shake. It looks like I need to buy some protein mix exclusively for work too. With this, is there really a "lunch"?

Lastly, on the weeks I work at 8 I get off at 6 and usually head for the gym, but because of this, I don't get home until around 9. Is that too late to eat chicken?

I am interested in these supplements, since most of my fat is the stubborn stomach fat. I don't want to spend much money on supplements tho so if you had to recommend one, what would it be?

I know sometimes it can be a hassle, but its not that bad, and it'll pay off later on. Cereal is good but i know with me, once i break out the fruit loops, i don't stick to one serving lol. Well, technically.. When I cut, i don't pay attention to meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), but rather meal 1,2,3 etc.. Its easier this way and you can always mix up the food so it's not the same thing every day.

Every person is different but it doesn't matter with me. I'll eat whenever. The more you eat (healthy, of course) the more your metabolism is burning energy. I definitely wouldn't eat something carb heavy at night. That'll just turn into fat. Chicken breast is a weightlifters go-to food.. High protein, low to no carbs, and not too fatty..so i don't think eating it at night would hinder results. Every person, however, is different .

I use OEP (oxyelite pro) and that stuff works wonders when cutting. Its about $35-40, but IMO worth it. With supps like thermogenics, make sure you follow the given directions. You don't need anything fancy for protein. Any whey protein will work great.

Another note, when you start dieting and losing body fat, you probably won't gain strength. You might lose muscle just because you're on a calorie deficit. So that's where the tradeoff comes in. You can minimize fat loss by keeping a high protein/moderate carb diet..but fat loss will come slower.

I suggest going online and researching diets and then make your own to suit your needs. I'm not a fitness trainer or anything, but i was in the same position as you a while ago and decided to change up everything and this has been working for me.

Good luck, sir!

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
I know sometimes it can be a hassle, but its not that bad, and it'll pay off later on. Cereal is good but i know with me, once i break out the fruit loops, i don't stick to one serving lol. Well, technically.. When I cut, i don't pay attention to meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), but rather meal 1,2,3 etc.. Its easier this way and you can always mix up the food so it's not the same thing every day.

Every person is different but it doesn't matter with me. I'll eat whenever. The more you eat (healthy, of course) the more your metabolism is burning energy. I definitely wouldn't eat something carb heavy at night. That'll just turn into fat. Chicken breast is a weightlifters go-to food.. High protein, low to no carbs, and not too fatty..so i don't think eating it at night would hinder results. Every person, however, is different .

I use OEP (oxyelite pro) and that stuff works wonders when cutting. Its about $35-40, but IMO worth it. With supps like thermogenics, make sure you follow the given directions. You don't need anything fancy for protein. Any whey protein will work great.

Another note, when you start dieting and losing body fat, you probably won't gain strength. You might lose muscle just because you're on a calorie deficit. So that's where the tradeoff comes in. You can minimize fat loss by keeping a high protein/moderate carb diet..but fat loss will come slower.

I suggest going online and researching diets and then make your own to suit your needs. I'm not a fitness trainer or anything, but i was in the same position as you a while ago and decided to change up everything and this has been working for me.

Good luck, sir!
Ill have to give it a try, thanks!

I have a great workout that is toning me up but the stomach fat is just so stubborn lol I think I just have to be more dedicated on my diet, I get bored with food and end up eating fast food a cpl times a week so I know that doesn't help lol

I have protein mix but it's one of those big jugs and I don't really want to tote it everywhere. I may just stick with my Special K and protein shake in the mornings when I work at 630 because I can't wake up earlier than 5a as it just makes for an extremely long day. I usually do a cup of fat free yogurt and a spoon full of peanut butter in the shake which helps hold me over with the cereal.

I'm definitely looking into the oxyelite pro, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Intermittent fasting might suit your needs. With being able to skip breakfast, losing weight, 12 hour workdays and more relaxed meal timing.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
3point0
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
The wife and I did the Insanity workout a couple months ago and have since continued doing the nutrition plan. We both lost about 20-25 lbs and it's staying off. My BMI is down to about 18 or 19. Look it up I'm sure you can find it easily enough as a pdf, it's called insanity nutrition guide.

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0