BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Alpine Hifi Retrofit issue

Hey everyone. I recently purchased the Alpine Hifi retrofit and feel as though something is not right. I purchased the from-3/09 kit: 65412163268 as per this post http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505654

Upon receiving the kit i was assuming I would have to use the DIY in the included post which calls for splicing wires and installing the kit but ended up with a PNP plug and play kit. The only issue i have is that the kit only taps into the subs and only powers them and doesn't connect to or power any other speakers.

I then coded the car to hifi and got really low output from the speakers and only had a low volume, and really bassy sound which sounded like crap. I then coded it back to stereo and had somewhat normal output from the speakers, similar to what it was before with the added tweeters. The problem is that the sound is really distorted and no matter what setting I am on whether it be 1 or 2 on the amp, it sounds pretty much the same.

I currently still have it coded to stereo as it sounds better but i was under the assumption that the kit would now power the midrange speakers and tweeter along with the subs and the only speakers still powered by the head unit were the rear deck speakers.

My question is whether or not I purchased the right kit for the car and if i did, I think it is a pretty stupid upgrade for the money seeing as though i now just have drowned out bassy music with unclear scratchy highs...

Can i install the pre 09 kit in my car to get the additional power to the rest of the speakers once coded to Hifi??

2010 135i with CIC Nav and stereo sound system

Thank you!
Appreciate 0