E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Strange alignment/car pulling to the left issue

07-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
ccbl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E93 335i/Jerez E90 M3 6SP

Strange alignment/car pulling to the left issue

i have a 2008 e93 on BC BR coilovers. had the coils for almost a year now and have been through a few different set ups (height wise) and different alignments. last year i had a safe stance set up and only had -1.8 camber in the front and -2.8 camber in the back. toe was in perfect spec on oem rear camber arms and megan toe arms in the rear. after alignment the toe was in spec and car tracks straight when holding the wheel straight. but if i let go of the wheel it will pull the the left about a quarter turn. its like something electrical is pulling it left. when it was on the alignment rack after the tech unlocked the front plates under the wheels the car automatically wanted to pull left and the wheels will turn left if not holding the steering wheel. finished this alignment with the steering wheel lock holding the wheel straight. tech reseted some random codes and apparently it pulled not as hard as before to the left. problem was there but tolerable since the car tracked straight while holding the wheel straight

this year went for a wider set up and now rocking -2.5 in the front and -4.5 in the back with megan camber arms in the back. went for an alignment and again... he got toe in perfect specs and camber even from side to side with the same method of doing the alignment like last year. but this time when he took it for a drive the car tracks to the right if holding the wheel straight but if you let go of the wheel it will pull to the left. i have to drive by holding the wheel a quarter turn to the left for it to track straight and even at that i feel like the car wants to go even more left. the tech re-aligned the car 3 times that day with a test drive each time and the problem still persists. hes the best guy in town for slammed/stanced cars and has been in the business for a while and cant seem to figure it out

this issue is stupid annoying and im taking it to the dealer since my city doesnt have any other shops that really know what their doing with bmws. they cant book me in until another 2 weeks. im driving around with the stupid DCS alert on and can't really take it anymore. so im trying to do my research now and hope you guys can point me in the right direction before i get raped at the dealer for random parts that might not actually be the issue.

could something be bent? steering rack issues?
another random thing i noticed when under the car was the right front sway bushing is compressed. not sure if its wear and tear or if the bar is being forced a certain way to cause it to crush that bushing.

thanks in advance. i know i wrote a lot, tried to keep it short and to the point but at the same time didnt want to leave out any information that would delay answers
      07-27-2021, 08:03 AM   #2
Rayturkk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Hey did you find this issue man I think I bought your old car pulls to the left hard
Appreciate 0