BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
tmaroufi
BOSS
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

135i Exhaust Help

Whatup guys. I'm driving myself crazy cause I can't figure out what I want to do with my exhaust. I have a 2011 135i with M Sport, and I'm looking into getting a new exhaust for it. Now I was originally planning on just getting the BMW Performance Exhaust and a diffuser (Since I got the car CPO, and it has the warranty on it). Now that I'm doing some thinking, paying about roughly thousand or two more, I can get the Eisenmann Quad Exhaust.. What do you guys think? Can you justify the extra money for the sound, performance, maintanence, etc? If you guys know of any sick Carbon Fiber Diffusers that are reasonably priced, and good quality also feel free to post (Dual and Quad).

http://ind-distribution.com/wheels/B...00764%5E14.php
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

The BMW PE sounds better than that in my opinion and also realize the video at least there is the N54 engine compared to your N55, so they will sound a little different.

It's also unclear if that price includes the diffuser or not, which would make a huge difference. I'm guessing no, but unclear as in the pictures it's one painted high gloss black, and the video has one painted white.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
tmaroufi
BOSS
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
The BMW PE sounds better than that in my opinion and also realize the video at least there is the N54 engine compared to your N55, so they will sound a little different.

It's also unclear if that price includes the diffuser or not, which would make a huge difference. I'm guessing no, but unclear as in the pictures it's one painted high gloss black, and the video has one painted white.
Yeah the only reason why I was really interested in the Eisenmann was because it was a quad exhaust, and it looks sick. And I spoke with Eisenmann on the phone, I would need to provide my own diffuser
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Interesting. There are a lot of people here with quad exhausts so they'll be more helpful than me, but I think look and fitment wise you're better off with the BMW performance exhaust and BMW carbon fiber diffuser. Granted, you'll have to pay more for those and won't get the performance bang for your buck, but will have the best quality, fitment, and BMW warranties on them so no issues. I'd check the forum sponsors as I think the diffuser is like $1200 and not sure about the exhaust. You can easily put the diffuser on yourself though.

That's my 2 cents, though with not too much knowledge of the quad systems, discount that, so worth about 1 cent. =P
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
alexmtl_135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 Coupe P31

What's for sure is that you won't be disappointed with the sound of the PE.

Also it may be my personal opinion but I don't think quad exhaust look good on a standard 135i. Maybe I'm just too picky, I don't know
Appreciate 0