F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > colts 14-1
Studio RSR

12-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

romo is playing very well right now.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #24
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
That's different in the sense that it counts toward the playoffs. I mean in that sense they could just rest in week 2, 3, etc. The Jets game, however, meant absolutely nothing except in the minds of those that want to make history. The 72 Dolphins went 19-0 and they are remembered for it. The Pats went 18-1 and nobody remember them. I personally don't even think it was impressive. It would be more impressive if they lost a few games but ended up with a ring.

I find it funny how when Polian made a few good draft decisions and everyone was on his ass saying how he's a genius and now the organization made a decision they thought was best and everyone is dissing him (and the organization). Such is typical of Americans. Again, I'm not saying that I'm not disappointed, it's just that we shouldn't cry over it. Oh and I know that if we don't win the SB people will be pointing to this. If we do win, some people will wonder about how we could have went 19-0 but most won't care.
The Dolphins were 17 - 0. Quick, who won the Superbowl 12 yrs ago? What about 5 yrs ago? No one remembers outside those teams fan bases. 19 - 0 would have cemented this current Colts team as the best ever! It would have cemented Manning's place as the Best Ever! I wouldn't be mad if they have already lost a game because I think the starters played long enough to keep the rust off, but when 16 - 0 is looking at you in the face, why would you tuck tail?

Polian did make a good draft decision. Manning! But you know what? He was 50/50 on that decision and wanted Leaf. He chose Manning at the last minute. Anyway, that doesn't matter, he needs to stick with what he knows, personnel, leave the coaching decisions to, well, the coaches!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #25
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

what a monday night game
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ I completely forgot that the season was shorter then. lol But in today's equivalent they are 19-0. hehe

I was hoping they would go for 16-0 to be quite frank. Why? Well like virtually all fans out there, I saw what history has shown so I hoped they wouldn't rest any starters. However, I had a very strong feeling this week that they would start to rest people/pull them out early. I don't know exactly what their thinking was but I can't help thinking/feeling like there's something that they're not telling us.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #27
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Farve loses another on MNF...
Appreciate 0