ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #23
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

just a heads up on those H&R springs, not sure if its the same part number for the M or the non-M, but.. I went with the 15mm spacers peeps were recommending, and I am finding my butt is in the air way to high (noticeably more than the front)... thinking of swapping back in the older 5mm pads.. maybe they slightly changed the fabrication process??

I was thinking possibly its due to not being bedded in, but now about 6months and around 2K kms later, its still the same.

anyone have any input on this on the *couf* M?
      08-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #24
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
just a heads up on those H&R springs, not sure if its the same part number for the M or the non-M, but.. I went with the 15mm spacers peeps were recommending, and I am finding my butt is in the air way to high (noticeably more than the front)... thinking of swapping back in the older 5mm pads.. maybe they slightly changed the fabrication process??

I was thinking possibly its due to not being bedded in, but now about 6months and around 2K kms later, its still the same.

My Z4 M Roadster has H&R springs, installed by the previous and original owner (Ron888) within 3 weeks of when he bought the car in July 2007 IIRC. The car is noticeably lower in the rear. He installed progressively more aggressive 19" wheel and tire combos and the rear fender liners were worn through when I bought it (since replaced).

I just ordered the 15mm spacers from Turner Motorsports, something I had considered awhile ago, but just forgot.

(P.S. What do I need to do to install these? Turner says that they can go either on the bottom or the top, which is preferred?)

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #25
StigJ
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe & '14 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTEstep View Post
what all do you have done to your Z4, performance wise and suspension etc?
I guess my thread covers you questions
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
My Z4 M Roadster has H&R springs, installed by the previous and original owner (Ron888) within 3 weeks of when he bought the car in July 2007 IIRC. The car is noticeably lower in the rear. He installed progressively more aggressive 19" wheel and tire combos and the rear fender liners were worn through when I bought it (since replaced).

I just ordered the 15mm spacers from Turner Motorsports, something I had considered awhile ago, but just forgot.

(P.S. What do I need to do to install these? Turner says that they can go either on the bottom or the top, which is preferred?)
I also ordered the 15mm rubber spacers, but never installed them. Still have the OEM ones. In stead I changed the front tires from 235/35 to 225/35. And now it sits perfectly I think. Have 265/30 in the rear.
      08-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #26
BTEstep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigJ View Post
I guess my thread covers you questions
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012058

I also ordered the 15mm rubber spacers, but never installed them. Still have the OEM ones. In stead I changed the front tires from 235/35 to 225/35. And now it sits perfectly I think. Have 265/30 in the rear.
Bro, I dig your Z4. Mine is in the process. tomorrow I am getting a matte blk roof and by the end of the week I should have my wheels and springs.

what brand of strut brace is that you have?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

pretty sure the non-M springs are a different part number to the 3.0si, but yeah your right, yours looks very nice and level.