BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
S4Sprint
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M

Quick Help Needed - iPod Interface ?

I have a new to me 1M and want to set it up with the proper iPod interface. The car is equipped with the Harman Kardon upgrade and Serius but only has the auxiliary connector under the armrest, no USB. There is no nav in the car. I have an appointment in a few days to get the parts installed at a dealer but they called to tell me it cannot be done. Can anyone give some specific direction on the parts I need, part numbers will be great, and what net result I will get with those parts. I do not need iPhone capability (though it would be a nice to have), just iPod connection and control thru the radio. Thanks much.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Do u have bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
S4Sprint
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

No bluetooth. Just HK and Serius. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782240
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Try this link....It will give you every single detail of your car and what options you have.
I tried it with mine and found out that it had DVD capability.
Ive been down this road with the USB connection...
Options are, y-cable,connect thru AUX or Bluetooth.
Hope you get sorted !!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
S4Sprint
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks Edwardio. I have looked at the realoem site and I do not see an interface available for cars with Professional radio. I have Professional radio, harman kardon and Serius. No nav. Can you expand upon your 3 options - Y cable, connect thru Aux and bluetooth? I have a Y cable but nowhere to plug the USB. I want the USB to enable charging and perhaps control through the steering wheel and radio head unit as well as digital sound input to the system rather than analog. Does BMW offer any bluetooth interfaces or do I need to go aftermarket? Any brand names or web sites?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
S4Sprint
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4Sprint View Post
I have a new to me 1M and want to set it up with the proper iPod interface. The car is equipped with the Harman Kardon upgrade and Serius but only has the auxiliary connector under the armrest, no USB. There is no nav in the car. I have an appointment in a few days to get the parts installed at a dealer but they called to tell me it cannot be done. Can anyone give some specific direction on the parts I need, part numbers will be great, and what net result I will get with those parts. I do not need iPhone capability (though it would be a nice to have), just iPod connection and control thru the radio. Thanks much.
Bluetooth functionality is most likely already integrated in you option 663 head unit, you may need to route antenna and mic (and enable through coding)

More important than detailing the parts (the numbers are in the link if the earlier post), you need to sort out a friendly neighborhood (or a commercial / remote) coder, and be sure to specify that you need help with your 2uRad (=radio) module, as that module in many cases requires a more advanced interfacing (compared to USB2OBD). The option codes that you need to program are $6NN (Bluetooth) $6FL (USB/IPod).

IT CAN BE DONE, just focus first on finding the right person near you to help. Try posting request for local help on the 3 series forum as it is exactly the same for E9x 3 series.
Appreciate 0