E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > LSD questions, save $$$?

08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozhdbog View Post
Kids these days blah blah blah.

Rich parents blah blah blah.

In my day, uphill both ways to school in snowstorms without shoes blah blah blah.

Be happy with a Civic blah blah blah.
?
some kids actually work hard for their shit
im pretty sure he paid for his car and rebuild it him self with a little help from his dad which is perfectly fine. $2500 for the car ~ $7000 to fix it With a FBO. $9500 + a little elbow grease for a 335i, this kid is determined and is no way a "Rich Kid Blah Blah Blah.. "
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Dozhdbog
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
?
im pretty sure he paid for his car and rebuild it him self with a little help from his dad which is perfectly fine. $2500 for the car ~ $7000 to fix it With a FBO. $9500 + a little elbow grease for a 335i, this kid is determined and is no way a "Rich Kid Blah Blah Blah.. "
My sarcasm wasn't directed at the kid.
      08-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
DoctorS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW msport 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hahaha, I'm surprised no one said anything about my earlier post where I trolled about being 16 and my parents not wanting to buy me the vishnu single turbo kit lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condition
Quote:
Hahaha, I'm surprised no one said anything about my earlier post where I trolled about being 16 and my parents not wanting to buy me the vishnu single turbo kit lol.
Lol I thought u were serious
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Kids these days blah blah blah.

Rich parents blah blah blah.

In my day, uphill both ways to school in snowstorms without shoes blah blah blah.

Be happy with a Civic blah blah blah.
Hahahah it sounds like all my teachers.

Quote:
?
Haha amen to that

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condition View Post
Hahah that is exactly what I was thinking when you posted that. A lot of people PM'd me on the last sight bitchin about my daddy paying for all my stuff and me being a liar.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter51092 View Post
if i buy this how much to rebuild it for me

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/3187336593.html
Haha damn I'm tempted to steal that from you. I bought my last in Orlando. That isn;t even a hard hit. If I were you I'd pick that up. Quick easy 2 weekend in and out
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Lot's of respect for the rebuild.
For the LSD, nope....
There were two rear ends for 335i and neither is like an e46.
I think intake on a turbo car is a waste. A better intercooler is good.
Exhaust, not huge gains unless you like sound. WIth DP's and firmware you are going in the right direction.

Nice looking car....
Well the casings are not similar at all but I'm wondering about the carrier. The intake was destroyed so a new one was cheaper anyways. It's a 24" intercooler. Biggest I've seen yet. The exhaust is to pricey for me anyways.

If I get the G5 JB4, is there any reason to do the 15 OHM mod or not? Or is it already done on it?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberismoney View Post
Well the casings are not similar at all but I'm wondering about the carrier. The intake was destroyed so a new one was cheaper anyways. It's a 24" intercooler. Biggest I've seen yet. The exhaust is to pricey for me anyways.

If I get the G5 JB4, is there any reason to do the 15 OHM mod or not? Or is it already done on it?
someones been doing their homework

G5 is the full package 15 ohm comes as a standard also has far more tuneablitly speed delimiter and CPS adjustment . you honestly don't need it since your just a FBO, if you had meth or upgraded turbos g5 is the way to go, other than that you don't really need it.. you plan in running meth anytime soon?

here is the link idk if you have read this yet
http://forums.n54tech.com/showthread.php?t=15904
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #31
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
someones been doing their homework

G5 is the full package 15 ohm comes as a standard also has far more tuneablitly speed delimiter and CPS adjustment . you honestly don't need it since your just a FBO, if you had meth or upgraded turbos g5 is the way to go, other than that you don't really need it.. you plan in running meth anytime soon?

here is the link idk if you have read this yet
http://forums.n54tech.com/showthread.php?t=15904
Haha I try to stay on top of things!! Also this is the answer I've been looking for! THANK YOU! Also, the comp and turbine blades on my turbos are more aggressive thank stock. Call me stupid but I pulled them off of 2 turbos from our shop. The pitch on the intake is wicked. But I figured its not the end of the world if I have to replace them. With my laptop and a JB4 will I be able to do boost readouts? Also yea I'm thinking meth, maybe run a Nitro kit for a quarter. Unless people have been detonating their pistons running N2?

Anyways. I have a never ending CEL because the last guy had a PROcede which messed with the computer and then he took the box but left the harness. Ghost codes. Hope this solves the problem and I don't need a reflash.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Haha I try to stay on top of things!! Also this is the answer I've been looking for! THANK YOU! Also, the comp and turbine blades on my turbos are more aggressive thank stock. Call me stupid but I pulled them off of 2 turbos from our shop. The pitch on the intake is wicked. But I figured its not the end of the world if I have to replace them. With my laptop and a JB4 will I be able to do boost readouts? Also yea I'm thinking meth, maybe run a Nitro kit for a quarter. Unless people have been detonating their pistons running N2?

Anyways. I have a never ending CEL because the last guy had a PROcede which messed with the computer and then he took the box but left the harness. Ghost codes. Hope this solves the problem and I don't need a reflash.
turn auto clear on the jb4 lol or get a local bmw coder to code this errors out or tell you what is going on. haven't heard of any detonations or anyone blowing their motors the N54 is a pretty solid block. VIshnu is running a Huge Single turbos setup and they are pushing about 600-700 on the stock block for more than 20,000 miles being FBO i think you'll be fine.

so your basically telling me you upgraded the shafts and turbines on your stock turbo chargers AKA your own RB turbos. did you just change the intake part or was it the entire exhaust and intake turbines? I would love to see some dyno pulls!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #33
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

Quote:
Hahah that is exactly what I was thinking when you posted that. A lot of people PM'd me on the last sight bitchin about my daddy paying for all my stuff and me being a liar.
omg wow. that is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Though after being on this site for a couple of years, it doesn't exactly surprise me that people here would stoop so low and insult you over PM - and not even have the balls to do it publicly on the forum, lol.

I don't know enough about the interchangeability e46/e90 diffs to answer your question, but good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
turn auto clear on the jb4 lol or get a local bmw coder to code this errors out or tell you what is going on. haven't heard of any detonations or anyone blowing their motors the N54 is a pretty solid block. VIshnu is running a Huge Single turbos setup and they are pushing about 600-700 on the stock block for more than 20,000 miles being FBO i think you'll be fine.

so your basically telling me you upgraded the shafts and turbines on your stock turbo chargers AKA your own RB turbos. did you just change the intake part or was it the entire exhaust and intake turbines? I would love to see some dyno pulls!!!!
Yea I'll try the JB4, but all of my scanners (autel, solus ultra, autoboss, modus, and launch) all failed to properly erase the codes or they re-appear even though we know the problem doesn't exist. Also that sounds good. We are thinking of possibly porting the head for the hell of it. My dad is always saying that an M3 would be dangerous to own, yet he is asking me to make my car into a monster. Granted he likes to drive fast too. Also found a set of N53 cams, which may make a load of torque. I thought about them, but I'm going to hold off. At least porting wont cost anything more than some custom valves.

Also yes the whole shaft is new. I put better O-rings in the turbos so hopefully they wont blow oil. Its ironic because I bought stock center sections, and a new housing from Rob. But if my turbos do work I'd never step on someone who has helped me. I'll leave him with the market cornered. But I think pulling 22-23 lbs of boost is possible. Hell we've got my dads truck to 58 lbs. This should be a cinch. Also there is a station less than 10 miles from me with 110! That with some E85 should make for some nice pulls. Now all I need is for someone to hook me up with a lsd or I got to find one.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #35
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Yea I'll try the JB4, but all of my scanners (autel, solus ultra, autoboss, modus, and launch) all failed to properly erase the codes or they re-appear even though we know the problem doesn't exist. Also that sounds good. We are thinking of possibly porting the head for the hell of it. My dad is always saying that an M3 would be dangerous to own, yet he is asking me to make my car into a monster. Granted he likes to drive fast too. Also found a set of N53 cams, which may make a load of torque. I thought about them, but I'm going to hold off. At least porting wont cost anything more than some custom valves.

Also yes the whole shaft is new. I put better O-rings in the turbos so hopefully they wont blow oil. Its ironic because I bought stock center sections, and a new housing from Rob. But if my turbos do work I'd never step on someone who has helped me. I'll leave him with the market cornered. But I think pulling 22-23 lbs of boost is possible. Hell we've got my dads truck to 58 lbs. This should be a cinch. Also there is a station less than 10 miles from me with 110! That with some E85 should make for some nice pulls. Now all I need is for someone to hook me up with a lsd or I got to find one.

sir you are amazing, i might hit you up later on to see how the turbos are holding up and PM you for more details on the shafts! + you really do gotta get it dynod when you get the chance of course after you get the tuning right. Did you by any chance upgrade the waste gates as it woulve been a good idea, dude to a problem with them rattling like crazy and being loose as hell in the past.

as for the LSD since you have a 07 I'm assuming you have the "bigger pumpkin" + you have a manual i think you'll need the qualife LSD. and you also have the bolted so it should be a pice of cake!
here is a DIY, not doubting your abilities, but it got some good info as to specific tightening tourqe for the LSD.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663699
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #36
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
omg wow. that is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Though after being on this site for a couple of years, it doesn't exactly surprise me that people here would stoop so low and insult you over PM - and not even have the balls to do it publicly on the forum, lol.

I don't know enough about the interchangeability e46/e90 diffs to answer your question, but good luck.
Haha well maybe not the saddest but I thought it was pretty pathetic. And there are some childish people on these things that think young people don't deserve nice things.

And yea I havent met someone yet who does, but thanks. I hope it works.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i - sold

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [9.50]
Your car is beautiful and you will definitely get brownie points from girls considering you built it
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #38
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
sir you are amazing, i might hit you up later on to see how the turbos are holding up and PM you for more details on the shafts! + you really do gotta get it dynod when you get the chance of course after you get the tuning right. Did you by any chance upgrade the waste gates as it woulve been a good idea, dude to a problem with them rattling like crazy and being loose as hell in the past.

as for the LSD since you have a 07 I'm assuming you have the "bigger pumpkin" + you have a manual i think you'll need the qualife LSD. and you also have the bolted so it should be a pice of cake!
here is a DIY, not doubting your abilities, but it got some good info as to specific tightening tourqe for the LSD.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663699
Haha thanks. Also feel free. I need to check out the old housings they came from if my dad didn't toss them. Otherwise I can pull the turbos to figure it out. And yea idk anywhere near me to get it dynoed, but I'll figure something out. Also my wastegastes have been deactivated on my car, in a way taken from a former WRX (not the Subaru) mechanic. Going hard 100% of the time

Also as for the LSD I think I can get a wavetrac, but I'm not positive yet. I think that I will be needing one though.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
Your car is beautiful and you will definitely get brownie points from girls considering you built it
Haha ohh I've noticed a little
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #40
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Let me point yall to this thread if you know anything about paint or rims. Thanks !!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727994
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #41
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

I was on Bimmerfest for a while before coming here, came on this site and never really looked back, someone summed up that site in one of their snarling obnoxious replies,

"This is an older crowd around here, go to e46 fanatics/e90 post where you can find the fast and furious crowd that will tell you what you want to hear. Most of us are older professionals who like our cars just the way they come from the factory and don't need 100's of HP to be satisfied."

as a poster on here once said (can't recall his username") You're going to like the way e90 post looks, I guarantee.

enjoy the forum! and GREAT build! as for your older SL55 dreams, I'd say just no... but the RS6 ... idk about that 5.0L V10.. I'd say maybe a nice e92 M3 if you can find one!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #42
aram0492
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 330i,'07 335i,'09 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberismoney
The lines came out clean!
Nice looking car. Which auction are you buying from? I am 20 myself and I had bought an '07 335 myself two years ago, but I paid $9k for the car that was in similar condition. I have also been shopping around for another one, but they all go for approximately the same price. Good luck on your repair, be safe and have fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #43
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
I was on Bimmerfest for a while before coming here, came on this site and never really looked back, someone summed up that site in one of their snarling obnoxious replies,

"This is an older crowd around here, go to e46 fanatics/e90 post where you can find the fast and furious crowd that will tell you what you want to hear. Most of us are older professionals who like our cars just the way they come from the factory and don't need 100's of HP to be satisfied."

as a poster on here once said (can't recall his username") You're going to like the way e90 post looks, I guarantee.

enjoy the forum! and GREAT build! as for your older SL55 dreams, I'd say just no... but the RS6 ... idk about that 5.0L V10.. I'd say maybe a nice e92 M3 if you can find one!
Haha you must have been reading my posts because that was directed at me. And Yea Im liking this site a lot more. More young people or people that are just into tearin it up.

Thanks though! The SL is just a monster if you have ever driven one same for the RS6. But in my mind I'm too young and too poor to own one of those yet. M3 is looking right up my alley
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #44
Rubberismoney
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aram0492 View Post
Nice looking car. Which auction are you buying from? I am 20 myself and I had bought an '07 335 myself two years ago, but I paid $9k for the car that was in similar condition. I have also been shopping around for another one, but they all go for approximately the same price. Good luck on your repair, be safe and have fun.
I bought this one from copart. It came from Orlando and I think it was just on an off day considering it went for 2500, plus had mods on it already. Thanks for the support man and good luck on your future rebuilds as well
Appreciate 0