BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Talking 2.0 Beta impressions!!!

Got a couple little gifts in the mail today!!!

I couldn't wait till the weekend so decided to drop all plans in favor of the 2.0 beta. First let me tell you guys that the routing of the USB cable to the glove box was a pita, i was searching behind the fuses for an hour (and cutting up my hand in the process), I thought the diy would be the same as the e9x but the cable ends up terminating under the glovebox (where it meets the carpet) not behind it.

Oh well, got that all figured out (thanks for the help Terry!). Then onto the newest JB3, install is fairly straightforward and fast so I don't think I need to mention it, I think I can do the install blindfolded now.

I was so excited to try it out that I forgot to install the new DP fix...d'oh. Not a huge deal as I still have my stock DP's, but would have been nice not to have to go into the ecu box ever again.

Now for the test drive, and just wow. What can be said other than SMOOOOTH. This tune is so transparent its crazy. I only drove it for about 20 minutes on map 5, but it is night and day compared to 1.4. This is the real deal and its only a BETA!!! Definitely going to shred through these winter tires in no time at all.

Great job again Terry!

Edit: Anyone want to buy a JB3 1.4 without the wire harness?
Attached Images

Last edited by Schn3ll; 01-21-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

You're killin' me man! Thanks for the update. I can't wait!!
      01-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Glad you like it and it is great to see so many positive reviews. 2.0 is a game changer.
      01-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I installed v2.0 upgrade (got the new G3 box from the beta test). I didn't route the usb cable to the cabin yet, as I'm scheduling a dealer visit soon for HPFP replacement (and I'm lazy).

Anyways, finally get a chance to let the car adapt and test out Map 3 on v2.0. It is CRAZY. Coming from a v1.3 chip, this is So Much better there aren't words to describe it. The car doesn't seems to make more power, maybe just a bit, but the smoothness is incredible! on v1.3, power comes on right on cue at 3000rpm, and on 1st and 2nd it is so abrupt the rear wheels just spins. In v2.0 the power comes on smooth from start, so it makes the car accelerate so much faster and without that much lost of traction. 2nd gear is so damn fast, it's borderline scary. I've KW V3 and I have not changed the suspension settings but I feel like the car squat MORE when accelerating in 2nd.

Another impressive thing is the car behaves so much better than before during slow or Stop and go traffic. Before, going from 1st to 2nd is a pita since there seems to be a lost of power during the change, so either I've to stay at 1st till 3-4000rpm before the shift to get some descent acceleration on 2nd or shift way early and let 2nd gear do all the work. but now, even shifting ~2000rpm to 2nd, the car continues to accelerate.

Good Job Terry!
Appreciate 0