F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official Foodie Thread
proTUNING Freaks

01-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #177
3 Stripes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine white F30

I'm going to Marianos to get me a 16oz steak :/ Thanks to this thread!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #178
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
had some steamed eggs with clams recently. very smooth and silky mmmm
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #179
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Stripes View Post
I'm going to Marianos to get me a 16oz steak :/ Thanks to this thread!!
pics or it never happened

here's my lunch from Jason's Deli:
Beefeater Sammich (1/2lb of roast beef with melted provolone cheese)
bowl of chili
my Pomegranate Juice

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #180
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

my asshole hurts just looking at some of these pictures, we will need an 'Official Medicated Toilet Paper Thread' soon
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #181
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post

here's my lunch from Jason's Deli:
Beefeater Sammich (1/2lb of roast beef with melted provolone cheese)
bowl of chili
my Pomegranate Juice

I always enjoy some Jason's Deli, and the Beefeater is certainly one of my faves

If you want I'll buy your ice cream there
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #182
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
If you want I'll buy your ice cream there
would you believe me if i told you that i asked for a to-go cup and put the chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream in the to-go cup !?!?

i got a pic HAHAHA !!!!

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #183
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

here's my ice cream in my to-go cup lololololol

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #184
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
would you believe me if i told you that i asked for a to-go cup and put the chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream in the to-go cup !?!?

i got a pic HAHAHA !!!!

I do that almost every time I go! I don't know what it is about their ice cream that I need more of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #185
3 Stripes
Private
Rep

Quote:
Here is the 16oz of glory i had for lunch. Medium well

Love marianos!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #186
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:

Love marianos!!!
Eating steak at your desk, that's ballin'!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #187
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Dinner at Siena today (http://sienaaustin.com/). I didn't take a picture of the food (it was good as usual!) but I took a snapshot of this because I was touched by Siena's generosity to patrons

Note to anyone in the restaurant business: do something like this once in a while for your patrons!

I had a 3 course prix fixe and a dessert that totaled to around $50, so I basically tipped him the cost of the meal plus an additional 100% beyond that.
That's 5 minutes from my house. I was there years ago and the food was terrible, never went back. Did they recently change owners or chefs?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #188
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
That's 5 minutes from my house. I was there years ago and the food was terrible, never went back. Did they recently change owners or chefs?
Dude do...do we live in the same neighborhood ? This is (essentially) 5 minutes from my house as well. I'm in davenport ranch off of 360 (bolder ruler way).

The food here is hit and miss. Certain dishes they do well (I'm a cream based pasta nut and I enjoy their taglierini with mushrooms with extra sauce). They use a nice, robust stock for the sauce so it comes out pretty well. A lot of their dishes are actually quite horrendous.

One time they gave me this spicy chocolate dessert that literally made me nauseous it was so bad.

When I go here I rarely order new things. I pretty much exclusively order the cream based pasta, making sure to ask them for some extra sauce because they don't sauce it well enough for my liking.

Sometimes I have the veal osso bucco, but the "polenta cake" is one of the worst I've ever tasted so I sub it out for something else.

But yeah I don't doubt that you found the food terrible. It's not a consistent restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. The restaurant still has the same chef (and owner).

I only go because I found a dish or two that I enjoy and because it's so close to my house. I frequent eleven plates a lot as well for this same reason (corner of westlake Dr. and 360). They have a nice pork belly banh mi for lunch (I wouldn't recommend anything else).
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #189
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:

Love marianos!!!
Now that is how steak is done!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #190
3 Stripes
Private
Rep

Quote:
Eating steak at your desk, that's ballin'!
I Had to go back to my office and feast! Mariano's is a "high end" grocery store. They have chefs that will grill your cut of meat after you select it from the butcher (free off cost)! I would feel a little weird eating a fine piece of meat in the middle of a grocery store as i secretly have a mouth orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Now that is how steak is done!
It was over a pound of prime rib Tender and pink in the inside just how i like it....heheheh.. Restaurant quality for about 17 bucks Easily 40 bucks at any steakhouse.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #191
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:

Love marianos!!!
Now maybe it's the cuban in me... but all I can think of when I see this is where the fuck is the rice and beans?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #192
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Dinner at my new addiction again. I had - you guessed it - the 10 oz filet 'bernaise royale' style with parmesan mashed potatoes (I am a creature of habit )

I did try out the crab cake as an appetizer which was really good. And, as per Litos' suggestion I got the carrot cake for a dessert (to go!). More patron perks - I only asked for one but they gave me an extra one for free to show their appreciation. Now I have enough carrot cake to last at least a couple of weeks . I had a couple of bites of it and it was delicious, but the cream cheese is super heavy (and delicious!) so this isn't going to be a one dessert per meal thing.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #193
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Interestingly enough there was a uniformed police officer staked out near the entrance of Truluck's. Is this a thing? Maybe they had a rash of car break ins/thefts or something.

Come to think of it, I've also noticed one in Hill Country Galleria's movie theater (P1et would probably know what I'm talking about).
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #194
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And, as per Litos' suggestion I got the carrot cake for a dessert (to go!). More patron perks - I only asked for one but they gave me an extra one for free to show their appreciation.
no dude - that's how Truluck's carrot cakes are.

they stack one on top of one another HAHAHA !!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #195
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
no dude - that's how Truluck's carrot cakes are.

they stack one on top of one another HAHAHA !!!!
LOL

Welp...

Good to know for the future so I don't over tip them for giving me a regular sized portion
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #196
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Dude do...do we live in the same neighborhood ? This is (essentially) 5 minutes from my house as well. I'm in davenport ranch off of 360 (bolder ruler way).

The food here is hit and miss. Certain dishes they do well (I'm a cream based pasta nut and I enjoy their taglierini with mushrooms with extra sauce). They use a nice, robust stock for the sauce so it comes out pretty well. A lot of their dishes are actually quite horrendous.

One time they gave me this spicy chocolate dessert that literally made me nauseous it was so bad.

When I go here I rarely order new things. I pretty much exclusively order the cream based pasta, making sure to ask them for some extra sauce because they don't sauce it well enough for my liking.

Sometimes I have the veal osso bucco, but the "polenta cake" is one of the worst I've ever tasted so I sub it out for something else.

But yeah I don't doubt that you found the food terrible. It's not a consistent restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. The restaurant still has the same chef (and owner).

I only go because I found a dish or two that I enjoy and because it's so close to my house. I frequent eleven plates a lot as well for this same reason (corner of westlake Dr. and 360). They have a nice pork belly banh mi for lunch (I wouldn't recommend anything else).
I used to live off Riva Ridge back in the late 90s. Great neighborhood. I'm bad in the fact that I only give restaurants one chance to get it right. Sienna did me wrong and I haven't been back since. It would take a free meal for me to try it again.

Went to Mettle this past weekend. I'll be going again. My favorite in town is still Justine's, so I judge all French food in this town by that.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:27 PM   #197
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Interestingly enough there was a uniformed police officer staked out near the entrance of Truluck's. Is this a thing? Maybe they had a rash of car break ins/thefts or something.

Come to think of it, I've also noticed one in Hill Country Galleria's movie theater (P1et would probably know what I'm talking about).
Which Truluck's? I only go to the one downtown and there are always cops there, haha.

Uchiko tomorrow. Should be good.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #198
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Which Truluck's? I only go to the one downtown and there are always cops there, haha.

Uchiko tomorrow. Should be good.
Trulucks @ Arboretum. Justine's Brasserie is good! I've been there a handful of times. I also tried Mettle about a month ago at the behest of a waitress at Siena, coincidentally enough (Mettle prides itself on its fried chicken).

Get the fried milk (at Uchiko)! Speaking of uchiko, I've been meaning to try out Paul Qui's (former chef de cuisine @ uchiko) new restaurant (Qui) ever since he won Top Chef. I've been putting it off because I hear the lines are extraordinarily long and Qui doesn't take many (or any?) reservations. It's all walk-in. I'm waiting for some of the post-top chef hype to die down in hopes of being seated within a reasonable time.

Uchiko/Uchi definitely rate among my top 5 as far as restaurants in Austin go.
Appreciate 0