F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > test drove a M3 and a 135 coupe....
GetBMWParts

10-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #23
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
again other then cost there is no reason to get a 135i over an M3... so quit kidding yourselves.
No argument there. Of course I'd rather have a mint E46 M3 over both. And I wouldn't even care if the E46 M3 (bone stock) was slower. It's still bad ass and can be modded to levels the others will never obtain, thanks to limitless aftermarket parts and its worldwide popularity. A mint one can be had for less green than a 135i as well, and the difference can be used to not only give it better road manners, but put it level in acceleration with its baby brother. Best looking of the three as well. Although next to the 135i that's not saying much.
      10-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
No argument there. Of course I'd rather have a mint E46 M3 over both. And I wouldn't even care if the E46 M3 (bone stock) was slower. It's still bad ass and can be modded to levels the others will never obtain, thanks to limitless aftermarket parts and its worldwide popularity. A mint one can be had for less green than a 135i as well, and the difference can be used to not only give it better road manners, but put it level in acceleration with its baby brother. Best looking of the three as well. Although next to the 135i that's not saying much.
The E9X M3 hasn't been out long enough for aftermarket manufacturers to come out with a full complement of products for it. When the E46 first came out, everyone was talking about how it couldn't really be modded for more power. Now people are saying the same thing about the E9X M3. I just bought an '09 E92 M3, and by the time I get past BMW's warranty, there will be tons of options for performance upgrades.

Also, it would take a lot of work (far more than just a suspension upgrade) to give an E46 M3 the improved road manners and handling of an E9X M3.

Don't get me wrong. I love the E46 M3 and am not putting it down; just trying to be objective here.
      11-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #25
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

regardless of how it perform, the 135i just doesn't do it in the look department. It looks like a chick car IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #26
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
if you like the 135 over the m3 then its cause of the price, plain and simple.
what a narrow minded comment...Yeah, we all brought 135's cause we couldnt afford a M3. Such a typical M3 owner comment.

Other than cost theres no reason to get a 135 over a M3? LOL. What a classic. Are you beating off over your M3 right now?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #27
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
what a narrow minded comment...Yeah, we all brought 135's cause we couldnt afford a M3. Such a typical M3 owner comment.

Other than cost theres no reason to get a 135 over a M3? LOL. What a classic. Are you beating off over your M3 right now?
Thats not what I said, I didnt say you couldnt afford an M3. And I dont have a superiority complex cause I own an M3 either.

like I said Other then COST no reason to get a 135i over an M3.

Again like I said. If both cars cost the same money, NO ONE... would buy the 135i.....period.
if you say you would your retarded..

please read what is written and dont try to figure out what someone is thinking.

also, like I said, I love the 135i and I plan to get one.. so my comments are not negative toward that car at all.
      11-21-2008, 06:18 AM   #28
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastrix View Post

The bare facts are that it's the cost difference that makes someone chose the 135i over the M3. I don't believe for one moment that everyone who chooses the 135i can't afford the M3, only they don't see the extra benefit for the extra cost in the M3.

I am the same way with the Cayman and the 997 but it's not to say I couldn't afford the other, only I would chose not to pay the extra. Though this is slightly different in that the Cayman is the better car to start with, unlike the 135i which isn't.

P.S.
Your comments on 'typical' M3 owner is tarring yourself with the same brush.
Appreciate 0