E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Safe for suspension?

11-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT

Safe for suspension?

Okay so I am looking to upgrade my stance a little bit and was thinking of adding 10mm spacers in the front and 15mm spacers in the rear. Along with the spacers I would like to get either H&R or Eibach springs. I'm definitely looking for a meaner look with hopefully a slightly more than 1" drop. Would this combination be safe to run on an otherwise stock Xdrive suspension? My car is a 2011 Lci N55 xdrive MT coupe if that matters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am lost in this topic.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
scotty_miller
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 E46 M3

Personally I would go the coilover route. If you go with just springs I'd get koni yellows to go along with it because stock x drive shocks are weak. I ordered coilovers last week because I can raise it back up in the winter so I'm not snow plowing and the handling and ride will drastically improve. Coilovers as well will let you dial in your drop more than what springs would. Anything is safe on xdrive just search the forums a little on springs and shocks combos vs coilovers and see what appeals to you more and your budget and do your homework and you'll be good

BMW CCA Club Racing #905

Instagram: scottynotpippen
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_miller View Post
Personally I would go the coilover route. If you go with just springs I'd get koni yellows to go along with it because stock x drive shocks are weak. I ordered coilovers last week because I can raise it back up in the winter so I'm not snow plowing and the handling and ride will drastically improve. Coilovers as well will let you dial in your drop more than what springs would. Anything is safe on xdrive just search the forums a little on springs and shocks combos vs coilovers and see what appeals to you more and your budget and do your homework and you'll be good
Thank you, would just spacers be fine on the suspension for now? I've heard that they could damage the shocks but i've also heard that it's completely fine so I'm a bit confused
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
scotty_miller
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Rav
Quote:
Thank you, would just spacers be fine on the suspension for now? I've heard that they could damage the shocks but i've also heard that it's completely fine so I'm a bit confused
As in wheel spacers on the hub? I've been running 12.5mm in the front and 15mm in the rear on a staggered 19x9 and 19x10 and no harm. Spacers mainly are just a cosmetic mod

BMW CCA Club Racing #905

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As in wheel spacers on the hub? I've been running 12.5mm in the front and 15mm in the rear on a staggered 19x9 and 19x10 and no harm. Spacers mainly are just a cosmetic mod
Yeah that's what Im talking about, so its safe to run spacers on stock wheels and suspension?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
scotty_miller
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that's what Im talking about, so its safe to run spacers on stock wheels and suspension?
It's perfectly safe. I had my spacers on stock suspension since June and not a single problem so you'll be good!

BMW CCA Club Racing #905

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's perfectly safe. I had my spacers on stock suspension since June and not a single problem so you'll be good!
Thank you very much! With the black friday sales its hard to pass up on spacers
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
scotty_miller
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you very much! With the black friday sales its hard to pass up on spacers
Not a problem man!

BMW CCA Club Racing #905

Appreciate 0