F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Car cams and A-holes
GetBMWParts

08-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #23
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I do put myself under harsh light, which is why I also expect others around me to accord me the same respect I do them. But apparently they don't, so I fly into a rage.

Rage. On the Road. Road Rage.

Yeah I hate shitty drivers too. One thing I love to watch on youtube is all the "awesome" drivers of amazing cars trying to road rage on other regular bad drivers on the road. More often than not the "good driver" who is raging on the "bad driver" is the one who causes the nice wreck which is so entertaining for the rest of us to watch.

Learn to handle you shit and don't road rage. Then and only then are you even capable of being a roadworthy driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #24
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post

Learn to handle you shit and don't road rage. Then and only then are you even capable of being a roadworthy driver.
Agreed. Better to pull over somewhere and rub one out.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #25
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It's an argument I have almost every time the wife is in the car with me. "Why do you yell at us, they can't hear you?" "Because if I don't call them on it, they will continue to be a-hole drivers and they need to learn it isn't OK" (I am not necessarily directing this at you)

I fully support your idea of showing the original a-hole just what he is. It was the way you did it that rubbed me a bit wrong.

i.e. if I'm driving my beater truck and some a-h parks in 2-3 spots because he thinks he deserves to with his fancy car, I park (legally) just barely on my side of the next parking stall.

In that driving picture in one of the other threads where I said I merge-block I pull up to where I should naturally merge, then match the speed of the cars to leave my merge spot open, but block anyone from trying to pass me and the rest of us who have been patiently waiting to get to our destinations.

Just this morning there was a long line of cars waiting at the red light. I glance in my mirror and see a truck cruising up in the right lane with his left turn signal going, looking for a spot to hop the line. He knows exactly that the rest of us all have to get to work as well. The red is just on the other side of the train tracks so he dives in between the two cars on each side of the tracks.
Now, I caught up to him down the road, and slowly passed shaking my head as he glanced over. He knew that I knew that he is a dick. But I refrained from hopping into his lane and slowing him down, swerving into his lane, or anything a-holish and reckless like that.
Hey, no issue man.
We are just trying to find our own justice.
When we take reckless action, we pay for it in some way sooner or later.
Just if its worth it for you at the moment.. things build up and explode randomly. Live and learn.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #26
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post

Yeah I hate shitty drivers too. One thing I love to watch on youtube is all the "awesome" drivers of amazing cars trying to road rage on other regular bad drivers on the road. More often than not the "good driver" who is raging on the "bad driver" is the one who causes the nice wreck which is so entertaining for the rest of us to watch.

You do small things to piss everybody off, I do big things to piss you off. Who is right/wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #27
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Retaliating against other drivers is a lose-lose. It can't do any good, and it can go very bad. Just get on with your own life, driver training is not your job, and deserves none of your energy. There are far better ways to fix the world.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #28
canukgtp
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I think part of the problem is that being car nuts, driving is something we enjoy and we probably pay attention to what is going on around us more than the average driver, but as stated above, it's better for everybody to relax and not let somebody elses minor mistakes create a serious incident...but nobody is perfect and we all have our moments of weakness hahaha
2011 E90 335xi (lease up)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #29
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Apparently everyone in this thread is wrong and we are bad for not road raging.

Next time someone changes lanes without signaling I'll be sure to behead them to restore the OP's honor or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Reminds me of something that happened to a buddy of mine. He said he was on 95 one time and not sure what happened but he got into a rager with some other dude. They kept messing with each other for a while until my buddy managed to get the guy to pull over. My buddy walks out of the car and heads over to the other guys car ready to kick his ass. Out comes this HUGE motherfucker, beats the shit out of my buddy and leaves.

BTW do you think the asshole doesn't know what he just did was an asshole move? Do you really think that he was driving around thinking he was a great courteous driver? Do you think once you cut him off in revenge he realized the errors in his way and will now never cut anyone off again?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #31
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Living in a state with the worst drivers ever (Texas) I always have my GoPro rolling when I'm on a bike ride. It's just the smart thing to do.
No offense, but all studies show that Ohio has the worst drivers of all.

Carry on.

08-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #32
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Reminds me of something that happened to a buddy of mine. He said he was on 95 one time and not sure what happened but he got into a rager with some other dude. They kept messing with each other for a while until my buddy managed to get the guy to pull over. My buddy walks out of the car and heads over to the other guys car ready to kick his ass. Out comes this HUGE motherfucker, beats the shit out of my buddy and leaves.

BTW do you think the asshole doesn't know what he just did was an asshole move? Do you really think that he was driving around thinking he was a great courteous driver? Do you think once you cut him off in revenge he realized the errors in his way and will now never cut anyone off again?
I think they know they are being an asshole, they go around looking for fights. Some people are willing to give it to them, some not.

Some people will insult your wife, see if they get a reaction, some people will touch your wife, hopefully nobody will attempt to rape your wife in front of you.. but eventually you WILL have to draw the line somewhere.
In the end, one must be capable of defending oneself.

Example:
I was driving home my parents after a family day, a wide-ass motorcycle scoots along in the fast lane pulling even as I returned to the middle lane from the slow, fairly quiet highway.
Why would you pull even and hold there? Are you trying to say something to me? Are you trying to block me, or just get on my nerves?
I didn't do anything, noted obvious dick behavior.. so he goes along and tailgates another car in the fast lane.. who pulls over to the middle after a strech of no=pass tunnel.
Lesson: Why the fuck do you have drive like a dickwad one a motorcycle when anyone can kill you in a blinding instant?
I don't try to piss off container trucks (although once I did brake in front of one to show him who was boss after he incorrectly STOPPED violently in front of me because he thought I was being a dick changing lanes to avoid stopped traffic - he did not run me over because he knew he was fucking mistaken, and if i was a cop I would haul his ass in)
anyway, so this motorcylist drives around with a death wish, obviously he doesn't want to live much .. and i realized this is the truth to most people who do these things.
Some people just have worthless lives/ don't want to live.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #33
Benedict1957
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I think they know they are being an asshole, they go around looking for fights. Some people are willing to give it to them, some not.

Some people will insult your wife, see if they get a reaction, some people will touch your wife, hopefully nobody will attempt to rape your wife in front of you.. but eventually you WILL have to draw the line somewhere.
In the end, one must be capable of defending oneself.

Example:
I was driving home my parents after a family day, a wide-ass motorcycle scoots along in the fast lane pulling even as I returned to the middle lane from the slow, fairly quiet highway.
Why would you pull even and hold there? Are you trying to say something to me? Are you trying to block me, or just get on my nerves?

I didn't do anything, noted obvious dick behavior.. so he goes along and tailgates another car in the fast lane.. who pulls over to the middle after a strech of no=pass tunnel.
Lesson: Why the fuck do you have drive like a dickwad one a motorcycle when anyone can kill you in a blinding instant?
I don't try to piss off container trucks (although once I did brake in front of one to show him who was boss after he incorrectly STOPPED violently in front of me because he thought I was being a dick changing lanes to avoid stopped traffic - he did not run me over because he knew he was fucking mistaken, and if i was a cop I would haul his ass in)
anyway, so this motorcylist drives around with a death wish, obviously he doesn't want to live much .. and i realized this is the truth to most people who do these things.
Some people just have worthless lives/ don't want to live.
Jesus fucking christ you have an anger management problem. You're the worst kind of driver. It's not the end of the fucking world if someone is in the passing lane and not technically passing you. Get over yourself before you rage and kill someone.

If I was in your position you know what I would think? Absolutely fucking nothing. There's nothing egregiously insulting about someone in the passing lane "pulling even" with you when you're in the middle lane. If you want to get into the left lane, you know what you do? You know that big, square fucking pedal next to the accelerator pedal called a "brake?" You press it, slow down, get behind the motorcycle politely, and go on your way.

Thank fucking goodness you're not in the U.S. Everything you've posted leads me to believe that you are a total psychopath. You're the problem. It's not other people. It's you. In the case of your original post, it's both of you. Both of you are the fucking problem and both of you should just get off the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #34
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
No offense, but all studies show that Ohio has the worst drivers of all.

Carry on.

The researchers who conducted this study must not have ventured out to the 5 boroughs of the nYC area yet. WE have the worst drivers.
      08-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #35
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict1957 View Post
Thank fucking goodness you're not in the U.S. Everything you've posted leads me to believe that you are a total psychopath. You're the problem. It's not other people. It's you. In the case of your original post, it's both of you. Both of you are the fucking problem and both of you should just get off the road.
I agree fully this is downright SCARY rage issues and some symptoms of a serious underlying mental issue.

Keep brake checking trucks to "show them who is boss" lol. I just hope someone scrapes the new dash cam out of your car after the wreckage and uploads it to youtube so we have a good example to show people how to NOT drive a car.

OP get help before you kill someone or get killed. As it stands now luckily you are just another example of "shitty BMW drivers" giving us all a bad name. But hey, thats better than when you eventually wreck the thing and hurt yourself or others. But at least everyone will know "that paralyzed guy was the BOSS of that truck, totally worth it".

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #36
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Here is a handy little video that pretty well sums up what would happen to your righteous butt if you decide to cut off that semi that slighted you. If you are lucky, you will be eating things through a straw from then on. Otherwise that truck driver will find out what your brain matter looks like on his grill.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #37
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Here is a handy little video that pretty well sums up what would happen to your righteous butt if you decide to cut off that semi that slighted you. If you are lucky, you will be eating things through a straw from then on. Otherwise that truck driver will find out what your brain matter looks like on his grill.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater
Not him though. Hes a great driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #38
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
The researchers who conducted this study must not have ventured out to the 5 boroughs of the nYC area yet. WE have the worst drivers.
No Florida does!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #39
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
No Florida does!
... Not too sure about that, lol. In FL, you guys have some nice shiney, flat pothole free roads with no traffice that I would LOVE to take my bike on from what I've seen. With roads like that, bad drivers would simply be in my rearview mirror instead of in front of me going 15-20 MPH because NY drivers seem to have difficulty understanding the concept of "yield" and "Merge" and "signal" and "No texting" ETC, ETC

But I guess you might have to deal with some retiree's who can't see over the steering wheel and shouldn't be driving anyway, so I can understand why dealing with other drivers in FL can be frustration.
      08-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #40
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
... Not too sure about that, lol. In FL, you guys have some nice shiney, flat pothole free roads with no traffice that I would LOVE to take my bike on from what I've seen. With roads like that, bad drivers would simply be in my rearview mirror instead of in front of me going 15-20 MPH because NY drivers seem to have difficulty understanding the concept of "yield" and "Merge" and "signal" and "No texting" ETC, ETC

But I guess you might have to deal with some retiree's who can't see over the steering wheel and shouldn't be driving anyway, so I can understand why dealing with other drivers in FL can be frustration.
The parking lots at any Walmart here in Florida is like watching bumper cars. Old people get shorter and smaller, yet their cars get bigger.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #41
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:

We get a lot of crazy a-holes who everything BUT drive in their cars. These people are freakin' dense. They act like they're the only ones of the road.. This lovely melting pot that is south Florida brings drivers from all over the road who apparently just started driving when they got here.
example: People will take a right turn at lighted intersection all the way across three lanes of traffic from the left turn only lane.
and they drive like they have 2 gas pedals and no windows. It's really crazy down here
Appreciate 0