F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > My new motorsport photo website
Extreme Powerhouse

02-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
keithIOW
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 325 SE

My new motorsport photo website

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on my website http://motorsportphoto.net for the last few weeks and It's about ready to go.

I would be very grateful if some of you guys would have a look and let me know what you think. It's not quite finished yet (I've still go the links page to do and I'm working on a news page fed by leading motorsport websites using RSS).

This is my first go at writing a website, so any comments good (or bad) would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

E93 325 SE, Sparkling Graphite, Black Dakota, hi-gloss black trim, 230's, Folding Mirrors, C/A, Sat Nav, Sport Seats, Front Seat Heating, prof Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Keith - your website looks absolutely fantastic and your photographs - even better! Great work! I've bookmarked it! Some day I'd like to have a "car room" in my house and would love to have some of your photos hanging on the walls...

One suggestion - it would be great if, when looking at the larger view of the photos, the user could simply move to the next or previous photo right from there instead of having to close it out to go back to the thumbnails. Even better if you maybe put a strip of the thumbnails somewhere along one of the sides (or top or bottom) of the larger photo so the user could pick the next one to view right from there.

It's clear that you've got some great photo skills and I'll be willing to bet lots of folks would love to purchase copies of your work to hang on their walls.

Congrats on your debut and best of luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Oh - forgot to mention, the name of your website is just great too - I surprised it wasn't taken already.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
keithIOW
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 325 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
One suggestion - it would be great if, when looking at the larger view of the photos, the user could simply move to the next or previous photo right from there instead of having to close it out to go back to the thumbnails.
Thanks for that fantasic feedback.

You should be able to move to the next or previous photo when viewing the larger image. If you click on the right or left of the image, the next or previous image should appear.

This is done in javascript so i'm not sure if it will work exactly the same in all browsers, but it should be ok in IE and firefox.

I was also supprised that the domain was still available

If you want a copy of any of the images for a wall paper or printing, I'm more than happy to supply them as hi res jpegs free of charge (as I'm doing this as a hobby rather than making money). Most of them are quite heavilly cropped, so I dont know how big they would print at without distorting but your're more than welcome to try. Either PM me on here or you can request a copy directly from the website.

The sites not quite finished yet, so there might be a few 'bugs' hidden in there, but I'm working on these.

It's only been up for about 2 weeks so I'm trying to create traffic to improve my google ratings, so please tell as many people as you can about the site.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Keith

E93 325 SE, Sparkling Graphite, Black Dakota, hi-gloss black trim, 230's, Folding Mirrors, C/A, Sat Nav, Sport Seats, Front Seat Heating, prof Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Fantastic website and great pictures!!!