F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > L.A Autoshow: BMW Highlights
Studio RSR

11-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #23
8krline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i metallic black

that amber on the 1 series headlight is
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #24
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
im still not digging that carbon fiber roof on the e92. i think its tacky and playful. although the roof serves a purpose of saving weight, it looks flashy and attracts unwanted attention. also, the purpose of having it on the e92 but not the e90? i don't really understand.. are they saying that the e92 is more sportier than the e90?

the 1 series.. lines are beautiful lights are terrible.
A sedan more sporty then a coupe?

Get real.

Carbon fibre roofs are not 'ricer' components. In fact I've never even heard of a Civic or something with a CF roof.

So far, its only been used in raced dedicated cars and M6/M3 coupes. Sounds exclusive and functional to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #25
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
It's not having a CF roof that is ricy, it's the appearance of having a CF roof. Most of us understand Honda doesn't ship the Civic with a CF roof or hood, but you see modified Civics with painted roofs and hoods to mimic the standard CF look. Due to the prevalence of CF posing, many see a real CF roof and still consider it fake; thus becoming rice.

I don't mind CF components, but I would want them painted to match the color of the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

The white looks so good cuz it contrasts with the black on the cars. The CF and the large air dams create a lot of contrast.

Btw, wtfux is up with that amber placement? Couldn't they incorporate it in a somewhat more stylish way a la the normal e92 fronts?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #27
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
The white looks so good cuz it contrasts with the black on the cars. The CF and the large air dams create a lot of contrast.

Btw, wtfux is up with that amber placement? Couldn't they incorporate it in a somewhat more stylish way a la the normal e92 fronts?

actually...from what I could see at the show...that amber piece looks like it is just glued on. I think it will be an easy DIY removal. It is not incoporated INTO the bumper like the e92. I think it will be better this way...once removed, there is no hole, thus no need to add a painted reflector.

BTW...the CF roof looks freaking hot man! Attracting unwanted attention???hahahah...I guess this car is not for everyone. I actually think the sedan SHOULD also have it, b/c it looks so nice!
      11-19-2007, 03:37 AM   #28
Vickyy
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 AW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i thought the 1 series would be a better looking car in person, but it was still a bit of a disappointment, both the headlights and the tailights looked awkward. but i still like the fact its a bit smaller, even tho not by a lot.

on the other hand, the M3 were definitely sexy!
i thought the CF roof looked great especially with AW
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #29
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

I like the E92 headlights on the E90 M3. They should have put Blacklines on them....a least for the car show. Did anyone check if the brake and turn signals are LEDs?
      11-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #30
ROYGEN
HOY! PINOY AKO!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Titanium Silver E90

WOW!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #31
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
im still not digging that carbon fiber roof on the e92. i think its tacky and playful. although the roof serves a purpose of saving weight, it looks flashy and attracts unwanted attention. also, the purpose of having it on the e92 but not the e90? i don't really understand.. are they saying that the e92 is more sportier than the e90?

the 1 series.. lines are beautiful lights are terrible.
Sorry but coupes have always been more sporty than sedans. Sedans are considered more family oriented than coupes and most race cars are coupes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes, coupes are considered more sporty than sedans. Not old news by any means. Sedans lack certain color combos and the CF roof due to the perceived nature of coupe vs sedan buyers. The CF roof saves about 40 lbs. when compared to the steel roof with a moonroof. Subtract the moonroof (...and its necessary operating mechanisms) from the equation, and the weight savings are a lot less. I'm opting for a sedan sans the moonroof.
+1 for the real race car nuts will opt for the coupe. I guess BMW M figured if you want a serious race bred car go with the coupe with the CF roof and for almost equal fun factor sedan with the sunroof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
It's not having a CF roof that is ricy, it's the appearance of having a CF roof. Most of us understand Honda doesn't ship the Civic with a CF roof or hood, but you see modified Civics with painted roofs and hoods to mimic the standard CF look. Due to the prevalence of CF posing, many see a real CF roof and still consider it fake; thus becoming rice.

I don't mind CF components, but I would want them painted to match the color of the rest of the car.
This is for all the people stating they DO NOT like the carbon fiber roofs.

PAINT THE DAMN THING IF IT ANNOYS YOU THAT MUCH.
Appreciate 0