E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Just got Cobb - How does my log look?

09-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Just got Cobb - How does my log look?

Just got an 09 335i 6MT. On day 2 I couldn't resist throwing a cobb tune and DCI in! I'm still on the tank of gas from the dealer so I'm pretty sure its 91 Octane so I opted for the linear throttle sport map for starters. Spark plugs were just replaced about 4,000 miles before I got the car. It has 38K on the odometer. Just want to make sure my engine is healthy. Its pulling waaaaay stronger than stock!! I plan on trying aggressive when I can fill up with 93 octane. Do things look good or is there anything I should monitor more closely?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stage1SportPull0928.zip (15.0 KB, 181 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Hey welcome to the Forum and Enjoy your new car!!

for a more universal log, use the standard settings. To do so, reset data log lists. Is this a 3rd Gear Pull?

It appears you got a throttle closure at 4k. be sure you have your DTC and DSC complete off. that may have been the cause.

Typically I look at timing corrections, but by the looks of your timing, they are nicely in sync and reaching 7.5* near redline as it should.

Your IAT's or CAT (Charge Air Temp) look really good, must be very cool where you are?

its best to leave it as csv, that way we can use it in other graphs and or Virtual Dyno. I only Have VD, so I am not able to look at it in a graph view.

But based upon my experience they look really good. Once you get S1 Agg. do another log.

for further information on your logs, take a look at this thread, its a very good read.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 09-28-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Thanks for the quick response. I was just getting used to the cobb so im not sure if it was 2nd gear pull or a 3rd gear. I prefer not to go 90+ mph all the time on the roads around here - I'm in Pennsylvania and its roughly 60 degrees tonight. Does a 3rd gear pull yield better data than a 2nd gear pull?

As far as a universal log, it sounds like you mean just reset what is logged to the default measurements that cobb has in there by default. I see the reset log list option. Is that what you're referring to?

I'm pretty sure I had dsc and dtc off but possibly just dtc off so i'll be sure to have both off completely on future logs.

I can do some more pulls over the weekend
Appreciate 0