F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > I hate dieting its so complicated!!!!
Extreme Powerhouse

04-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #23
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
I knew you wouldn't let me down. Got any proof? LEGIT proof of it hurting people?
Aspartame is one of the most complained about chemicals to the FDA, and it was developed in part by the corrupt, Monsanto.

An independent study done by European Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences in Italy shows the intake of aspartame at far less than daily allowable levels is multi-carcinogenic (lymphomas and leukemias) in laboratory rats.

First Experimental Demonstration of the Multipotential Carcinogenic Effects of Aspartame Administered in the Feed to Sprague-Dawley Rats
http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/members/2005/8711/8711.html

"Our study shows that APM is a multipotential carcinogenic compound whose carcinogenic effects are evident even at a daily dose of 20 mg/kg bw, much less than the current ADI for humans in Europe (40 mg/kg bw) and in the United States (50 mg/kg bw).

The results of carcinogenicity bioassays in rodents are consistent predictors of human cancer risks (Huff 1999; Rall 1995; Tomatis et al. 1989). The results of our study therefore call for an urgent reexamination of the present guidelines on the use and consumption of APM. The decision to use experimental data to protect public health is important because the time span of widespread APM use is still too brief to have produced solid epidemiologic data. Moreover, it is unlikely that sufficient epidemiologic data will be available in the near future, given the difficulty of finding a control group that has not been exposed to this widely diffused compound."

"As recognized by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization, results of long-term bioassays conducted on rodents (rats and mice) are highly predictive of carcinogenic risk for humans. In light of this fact, the results of the CRC/ERF study on aspartame call for urgent reconsideration of regulations governing its use as an artificial sweetener in order to better protect public health, in particular that of children."

http://www.rense.com/general68/moreproof.htm

Aspartame: Sweet Misery
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1488524526735#

More information on the toxicity of aspartame is available from Dr. Russell Blaylock, a neurosurgeon, medical scientist, & author of Excitotoxins, The Taste that Kills.

I haven't touched on its metabolites of methanol, formaldehyde, aspartic acid, the shit load of phenylalanine, or passage of this toxin past the blood/brain barrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Aspartame is the most studied product ever since 40 years. Oh boys did they try to find something.... they failed. Still FDA recommended.... they even restated it again recently.

*Aspartame is safe.*
Is this the same FDA that says that bisphenol A, phthalates, and high fructose corn syrup are safe? Believing in anything the government says as fact is a bit naive.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #24
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

^ I don't understand why people must "cheat" the system. If you are going to have something unhealthy do not feel you are doing yourself a favor by having it "diet". You take all the sugar or none of it. Last time i checked a sugar infused drink was not a necessity.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #25
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post

Is this the same FDA that says that bisphenol A, phthalates, and high fructose corn syrup are safe? Believing in anything the government says as fact is a bit naive.

THEY ARE SAFE.

Want it or not, people never got older and in good shape as today.

Do you have any idea in how many toxic products just alcohol disintegrate itself in the body? Body handles it very well, thank you.

As about every food, there is no problem as long that there is no abuse. don't be so scared to be scared ... for a *non issue*.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #26
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THEY ARE SAFE.

Want it or not, people never got older and in good shape as today.

Do you have any idea in how many toxic products just alcohol disintegrate itself in the body? Body handles it very well, thank you.

As about every food, there is no problem as long that there is no abuse. don't be so scared to be scared ... for a *non issue*.
I can't even make out what you're saying. I think you're attempting to rationalize the usage of a toxic substance by reverting to the it's safe because I've been told it's safe but I've never truly looked into it. I just believe what I'm told.

The longevity argument is a joke because of improved hygiene in modern society and emergency medicine has lead to improved life expectancy in developed countries. That argument is going really take a dive when the current generation of children or the next generation dies earlier than their parents due to the unprecedented number of environmental toxins that children have to deal with and the inability of parents to explain how to their children how to take care of themselves because of the convenience society we have established. If you think people are in "good" shape, take a trip to the US and see how many people are in good shape. Visit the deep south and see what body composition is all about.

As far as negative results occurring due to abuse of aspartame, the study shows intake at less than daily allowable recommended dosages still produces potential multi-carcinogenic effects. So it's not abuse, but rather USE that is the issue. If you watch "Sweet Misery" and still use Aspartame, I don't know what else to say other than good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #27
Saintor
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So it's not abuse, but rather USE that is the issue.
This is what you ASSUME because somebody told you so.

Empirical facts prove you *wrong*.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is what you ASSUME because somebody told you so.

Empirical facts prove you *wrong*.
The word empirical denotes information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment. (from Wiki)

I posted information on all accounts. Aspartame is a toxin. The study I posted shows it's use is multi-carcinogenic at doses far below daily intake.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #29
Saintor
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post

I posted BIASED information on all accounts.
Here is the real science. And no, it isn't a conspiracy.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit...artame-eng.php

Quote:
Allegation: The methanol in aspartame is toxic and is linked to numerous health problems including lupus and blindness, and also mimics multiple sclerosis

Not supported.

Allegation: Aspartame causes cancer and brain tumours

Not supported.

Allegation: Aspartame causes seizures

Not supported.

Allegation: Aspartame causes allergic reactions

Not supported.

USA says it.
Canada says it.
And if not enough, Europe;

"The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) announced there is no reason to recommend any dietary change in regard to the low-calorie sweetener, aspartame. "

Recommended.
Appreciate 0