F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Unpasteurized dairy?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Unpasteurized dairy?

A small dairy not far from me has made the front page of the business section.

They made news by the crowds of people coming to buy their milk, yogurt and other unpasteurized products. One man said he has noticed better overall well being since switching.

Does anyone here use or know more about this?

They may get another customer if it is in fact better for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Raw dairy foods are exceptional and VERY tasty. Enzyme, fat, bacteria, and vitamin rich. They are exceptional for the immune system and your overall health. They represent true living foods from nature that can be readily used and assimilated into the body. Makes sure the products are coming from a reputable farmer whose cows are grass fed, free range, and free of antibiotics and hormones. Raw butter, raw cream, raw milk, and raw colostrum are staples in my diet.

Pasteurized/homogenized dairy, in comparison, is a dead food containing denatured protein, distorted fats, and lacking enzymes which make assimilation very difficult. There is no question in my mind that raw dairy is vastly superior to pasteurized dairy. Foods made the way nature intended will forever be superior to man-manipulated products.

Luckily, raw dairy is available in stores in CA. This only state in the US where this is so I believe which is a real fucking shame. To learn more about the benefits of raw dairy, check out the Weston A Price Foundation and the website of Organic Pastures.

http://www.realmilk.com/
http://www.organicpastures.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Well thank you very much. I just wanted some verification.

The cows graze in pastures on the farm. I want to help the little guy out and my body too.

Heading up there this week!

I am guessing the milk will be thicker and sweet like my late grandmother used to give us. A lonnnnnng time ago.

EDIT: If their products are good enough for Dean Ferring of Ferrings in the Ritz Carlton Dallas it's good enough for me. He is an awesome guy and chef.

Going to stock up on these too.
http://www.luckylayla.com/yogurt.php

Last edited by gonzo; 02-22-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Hey gonzo, where is this guy's farm in Texas?

Close to Plano at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well thank you very much. I just wanted some verification.

The cows graze in pastures on the farm. I want to help the little guy out and my body too.

Heading up there this week!

I am guessing the milk will be thicker and sweet like my late grandmother used to give us. A lonnnnnng time ago.
That's a solid find. The milk should have milk fat on top. My favorite glass is the first glass for that reason. Raw milk is truly an awesome treat.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Hey gonzo, where is this guy's farm in Texas?

Close to Plano at all?
I can't believe I have never seen it. In the heart of Plano.

75/Parker on the east side. Click that link and back up to home page. Actually it is on Jupiter I think. They have a slew of killer looking cheeses too.

$8 for a gallon. That's just less than twice what I pay for Borden's 2% extra protein.

Thanks again BL.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
I can't believe I have never seen it. In the heart of Plano.

75/Parker on the east side. Click that link and back up to home page. Actually it is on Jupiter I think. They have a slew of killer looking cheeses too.

$8 for a gallon. That's just less than twice what I pay for Borden's 2% extra protein.

Thanks again BL.
Wicked. Thanks Gonzo.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

The yogurt labels say "Active probiotic cultures, L.D. Bulgarcius, S.S. Thermophilus" Ok..

They will be on my weekly specialty market runs.

Last edited by gonzo; 02-24-2010 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
Synergy 69
www.facebook.com/Synergy69
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335I MT

man I bet they don't deliver to the Houston area. =(
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

btw, what do you think of the Mootopia milk you can purchase @ HEB?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Just call and ask if any Houston retailers are present. I saw something on the site in Houston. http://www.luckylayla.com/

They sell the yogurts at Whole Foods here but not the milk. Cheese/butter, not sure. Houston Whole Foods?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Unpasteurized raw milk can be extremely, extremely dangerous. You run the risk of coming in contact with listeria, salmonella, and E. coli. There is very little, if any, peer-reviewed scientific research that confirms the benefits of consuming raw milk. In my opinion, it is not even close to being worth it to consume milk raw.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

^^^ lol that's what I was thinking too.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #14
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69 View Post
^^^ lol that's what I was thinking too.

Then why did you ask where to get it?

I have consumed nearly the whole gallon I bought Monday and am not keeling over. I drank it as a child and never had a problem then either. I am sure Bobby Light can elaborate on the subject of it's safety.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #15
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15 View Post
Unpasteurized raw milk can be extremely, extremely dangerous. You run the risk of coming in contact with listeria, salmonella, and E. coli. There is very little, if any, peer-reviewed scientific research that confirms the benefits of consuming raw milk. In my opinion, it is not even close to being worth it to consume milk raw.
Pasteurization is only 146 years old. Think about how many thousands of years humans have drank raw milk.

The contamination of milk will be determined by how the milk is handled, the conditions in which is collected, and by the health of the cow. Due to the much greater regulations on raw milk, the standards by which raw milk is collected and tested are superior to that of the dead milk from sick cows packed into pens and raised in their own feces and urine. Pasteurized milk collection doesn't have to be as strict as the farmers know they are going to heat it anyways. It is this unsanitary, fed-lot environment that is the catalyst for potential disease and sickness. These unsanitary conditions are what fostered the thought of heating milk to kill pathogens. Unfortunately, this heat also kills all benefecial bateria, destroys enzymes, destroys some vitamins and minerals, and dentaures proteins/amino acids.

The question to ask is how healthy of a cow can you be living in your own shit/urine and the shit/urine of others, pumped with antibiotics and synthetic hormone, and fed corn/soy/grain/crap when you're meant to eat grass? What type of product could you create given those parameters? Do you normally get hormones and antibiotics when you're healthy? Does pasteurization destroy synthetic hormone and antibiotics present in the milk? If the cows aren't sick and aren't in unsanitary conditions and the collection process is sanitary, is distorting the food by heating it necessary at all?

The incredible, perfect plan that mother nature has set up shouldn't be molested as it is perfect. You can't improve on perfect. The healthy bacteria that appears in raw milk from healthy cows fed the right diet on free range pasture serves to kill pathogens ON THEIR OWN without the need to heat the milk. Nature already has a built in mechanism, a checks and balances system, that has been perfected over time. It is this mix of beneficial bacteria, fats, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that also assists the human immune system in defending itself from disease. It's a living food that fosters vitality.

The denaturing of proteins and fats in pasteurized/homogenized milk leads to poor digestion and assimilation of these proteins in the body which triggers degenerative, inflammatory, and auto-immune responses from the body resulting in IBS, fibromyalgia, atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, Chron's disease, Celiac disease, autism, lactose intolerance, allergic reactions, etc. This denaturing of the milk doesn't occur with raw milk as the body is provided with the factors it needs to assimilate totally the food into the body. As a result, none of these inflammatory reactions occur.

I could continue this comparison but really don't see a need. As a health professional, I tell my clients to stay away from the white death -- table salt, white flour, white sugar, and pasteurized dairy -- as much as possible because of the understanding of the stressful, inflammatory environment that these processed foods create within the body. Body building experts of the early part of the century understood these very premises. If you read the works of Vince Gironda, a bodybuilding legend, he is extremely adamant about consuming raw milk and not pasteurized dairy. He mentions it over and over again the weight gaining and muscle building characteristics of raw dairy. This is when bodybuilding was about building an amazing physique and fostering top-notch health and exceptional endocrine and digestive health. Guy was in his best shape when he was 45 years old.

I propose that pasteurization doesn't benefit the health of the consumer in any way. What it does though is allow for sub-standard collections policies, continuation of the fed-lot operation, contributes to poor treatment of animals, supports the drug industry, and extends the shelf life of milk. It's about bigger production and cheaper production not about health or vitality. $$ is the name of the game.

Do your research and make the decision that's best for you.

http://www.realmilk.com/whichchoose.html

Quote:
I have consumed nearly the whole gallon I bought Monday and am not keeling over. I drank it as a child and never had a problem then either. I am sure Bobby Light can elaborate on the subject of it's safety.
Keep drinking it. It is second to none in its ability to support your immune system, provide vitality, nourish the brain, and promote overall health. You have nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
Bishop200
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i 6mt, sports pkg

Well said, Bobby, perfect response.
Cheers,
Andrew.
p.s. wish that I could get raw milk, but I have found organic is at least a small improvement and tastes better too.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Not worried one bit and good response IMO.

My Westie is getting the rest of the store bought junk in small increments.

I use cane sugar in my coffee. Dump it and get some raw brown?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not worried one bit and good response IMO.

My Westie is getting the rest of the store bought junk in small increments.

I use cane sugar in my coffee. Dump it and get some raw brown?
I say use stevia (a sweet herb) if you like the taste or raw honey. Sugar is refined from somewhere; it doesn't exist alone in nature from my knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

thanks for the enlightenment. I'm just on the fence and needed convincing. Now I'm just worried about the protein supplements I take coming from sick cows. =P
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #20
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69 View Post
thanks for the enlightenment. I'm just on the fence and needed convincing. Now I'm just worried about the protein supplements I take coming from sick cows. =P
You're welcome. Where your protein supplement comes from and how it is processed is a concern. You are what you eat and can assimilate.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #21
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I will go honey then.

I bought a pure juice OJ sweetened with Stevia and did not like it at all. It may be from the combination of it and orange though.

As usual, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

any thoughts on the Mootopia brand milk?
Appreciate 0