E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2007 328xi GM Auto issue. I think...

08-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
SnakeWon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi / 2002 325i

2007 328xi GM Auto issue. I think...

Hey all fellow bimmer geeks. I'm having a bit of trouble with my 07 328xi. It's been doing it the entire time I've owned it, but recently it's becoming frequent enough to be cause for concern. I've had the car since last november, so through one winter and now summer. I bought it with 78k miles on the odo, and it now has 94k (yes I drive a lot, hence why I bought a BMW)

When I put along a side street, or in a parking lot, the car seems to fall on its face in rapid succession, almost like something is binding while trying to up shift. It's worse after long term drives, and the ambient heat also seems to make a difference. When I give more than %50 throttle, there is no issue and the car seems to drive beautifully. I have a fault code for an "Emissions pump" as the dealer calls it which I know can cause a rough idle.

I plan on doing a trans fluid flush soon (would a drain and fill be better?) and I'm wondering if I should expect this to correct the shudder. It's become more frequent in the last few months, but I'm not sure if that's because of the increased mileage, or the summer heat. I also plan on finding out what this "emissions pump" is and replacing it, but I can't see it being responsible for the jerky drive while putting around. It almost feels like a bad u-joint, but that should get worse under hard acceleration.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

(I searched for days on this, and started becoming an auto-hypochondriac as I couldn't seem to find any specific fix for my issue, but found plenty of other issues it could maybe possibly be.)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

I would also try resetting the transmission adaptations once you change the fluid.
Appreciate 0