F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Harald Krüger Named New BMW CEO; Reithofer to be Chairman
ARMA SPEED

12-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #23
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

If by significant growth you mean general bastardization of the brand, then yes you are correct.
      12-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #24
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Good riddance. Here's to hoping the new guy is more concerned with creating a quality car and less concerned with sales volume. Reithofer was your typical greedy corporate $OB.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Good riddance. Here's to hoping the new guy is more concerned with creating a quality car and less concerned with sales volume. Reithofer was your typical greedy corporate $OB.
You have just embarrassed yourself.
Reithofer was much , much more that that. Check his resume as should the others that say he was a "Bean Counter"
      12-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #26
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
LOL. Doubtful. Im sure theyll come up with more stupid models, like a 5 series gt gran coupe si x drive or some other ugly car that is overpriced and performs poorly and lacks quality, fit/finish.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #27
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post

I think I'm fearful more than anything else about this young exec (relative to past BMW execs, he's still old to me ) is that he's going to be less about getting back to BMW's roots, roots that many arguably feel they have gotten away from, and move still farther from them. I hope this isn't the case. Having said this though, while the CEO and Chairman have a large say in the companies direction, they aren't the end all, be all of the company.

///Mikey
There will be NO change to the groups strategy 1 initiative.
This initiative reflects the state of the market and the change and progression of the customer , segment and the market.
BMW just cannot build cars to satisfy enthusiasts for one key market It needs to be present for a global market as BMW thinks about the global picture.
That means producing automobiles in a variety of different segments that appeal to our global customers whether current brand enthusiasts or new customers
BMW can no longer think and reflect of only one market. That is not just the progression of the company that has started this , its the progression of the customer and the segment that drives forward change, change that must be adapted.
Over 10 years ago customer specification was very different to today's in which Efficiency and Connectivity have changed the landscape for the industry to be two of the top requirements customers are looking for in any new vehicle.

Of course the incoming new CEO is a believer that BMW should be present in the high end luxury segment above the affordable luxury segment and the 7er model.
      12-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #28
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
LOL. Doubtful. Im sure theyll come up with more stupid models, like a 5 series gt gran coupe si x drive or some other ugly car that is overpriced and performs poorly and lacks quality, fit/finish.
A new Vision Gran Turismo concept is coming in early 2015 to showcase the next design for the Gran Turismo series as well as BMWs incoming Fuel Cell technology.

The 5er GT fulfils its requirements to meet a total return of 10% of all 5er models. the new 3er GT was expected to do the same but is exceeding initial percentage due to popularity in the more hatch orientated markets in Europe.

Both vehicles will be replaced and the series expanded to other models.
Attached Images

12-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #29
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
A new Vision Gran Turismo concept is coming in early 2015 to showcase the next design for the Gran Turismo series as well as BMWs incoming Fuel Cell technology.

The 5er GT fulfils its requirements to meet a total return of 10% of all 5er models. the new 3er GT was expected to do the same but is exceeding initial percentage due to popularity in the more hatch orientated markets in Europe.

Both vehicles will be replaced and the series expanded to other models.
I'm just not a fan of the GT models. I think they are hands down some of the worst designed cars on the road. The 4 gran coupe is decent but the back looks a bit weird and the 6 gran coupe looks too long and hate how it drives like a big car...same as the rest of the 5/6 line including the M's.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #30
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

I love how the distinctive BMW halo rings have lost their shape and are now virtually indistinguishable from the led strips of Audi/MB/Honda/VW etc. Love it!

/sarcasm
      12-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #31
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
You have just embarrassed yourself.
Reithofer was much , much more that that. Check his resume as should the others that say he was a "Bean Counter"
I have checked his resume, so to speak.

I stand by my comments.

Quote:
The 5er GT fulfils its requirements to meet a total return of 10% of all 5er models.
Thanks for the bean counting, Norbert.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #32
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
This initiative reflects the state of the market and the change and progression of the customer , segment and the market.
BMW just cannot build cars to satisfy enthusiasts for one key market It needs to be present for a global market as BMW thinks about the global picture.
That means producing automobiles in a variety of different segments that appeal to our global customers whether current brand enthusiasts or new customers
BMW can no longer think and reflect of only one market. That is not just the progression of the company that has started this , its the progression of the customer and the segment that drives forward change, change that must be adapted.
Over 10 years ago customer specification was very different to today's in which Efficiency and Connectivity have changed the landscape for the industry to be two of the top requirements customers are looking for in any new vehicle.

Of course the incoming new CEO is a believer that BMW should be present in the high end luxury segment above the affordable luxury segment and the 7er model.
Connectivity yes, efficiency not so much here in the U.S. as it was say 5 years ago.
Point being that as long as BMW makes the ultimate Driving Machine the rest will follow.

Norbert was not a terrible CEO but I believe his predecessor was better and had a keener sense of what exactly the BMW identity was and how it should be managed.

No one argues that change is constant in the marketplace but something has been lost along the way Scott and far too many people on this forum agree on this for it to be just a case of BMW bashing and what not.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
as well as BMWs incoming Fuel Cell technology.
NOOOOO! Please don't get distracted by the dead end of fuel cells. You were on a good electric track with the i-series...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #34
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
NOOOOO! Please don't get distracted by the dead end of fuel cells. You were on a good electric track with the i-series...
BMW will offer a range of sustainable options from pure electric eDrive right through to a Fuel Cell.
      12-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #35
cs4444
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I have checked his resume, so to speak.

I stand by my comments.

Thanks for the bean counting, Norbert.

No one is forcing you to buy a 5gt, why complain about more options?...Regardless your sentiments are irrelevant as the GT's are here to stay
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #36
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post

I think I'm fearful more than anything else about this young exec (relative to past BMW execs, he's still old to me ) is that he's going to be less about getting back to BMW's roots, roots that many arguably feel they have gotten away from, and move still farther from them. I hope this isn't the case. Having said this though, while the CEO and Chairman have a large say in the companies direction, they aren't the end all, be all of the company.

///Mikey

Scott, these are the kind of posts that kill the dreams of the enthusiast BMW fan. Instills the idea that every bmw non-m car is just a majority-crowd pleaser, and that we need to buy an M car if we want a good sports car. I remember when it was that way, e36 and e46. Dont kill our dreams that something in bmw can go back to roots and coexist with the Electric car fad...sorry way-of-the-future
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #37
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
BMW will offer a range of sustainable options from pure electric eDrive right through to a Fuel Cell.
Point was to skip fuel cell and concentrate development resourcrs on pure electric.
By the way, I thought eDrive meant hybrid at the moment?
Appreciate 0