E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > e90 Audio Guide/Manual - iPhone 3G Purchase

09-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
skiajl6297
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

e90 Audio Guide/Manual - iPhone 3G Purchase

Been searching high and low for this, so if this answer is readily accessible, please forgive. I'm looking for info on my non-iDrive, non-logic7, 2007 328i's stereo system. For some reason I recall getting a separate manual for the stereo. The standard owners manual posted on the site doesn't have much on the stereo. Just got an iPod 3G and am doing some background on the car stereo, and figured the best place to start was to RTFM. I can't find it. Help?

Just trying to figure all of my options for connecting the phone to the car, for just playback, and for both playback and charging, from cheapest option on up.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD

Garage List
If you don't have an advanced stereo system (ie satellite radio, or cd changer that's not in-dash) the only way to connect your phone to your car to play music and charge it is to buy an ipod integration kit.

Check out companies like DICE Electronics, I ordered one from them for my car and it works like a charm.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

There is a separate manual for the stereo system. I have never been able to find nor have I ever seen a .pdf version of it. BMW does not have one; so unless someone scans it you have to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
skiajl6297
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

Thanks! I suspect I have the manual somewhere, maybe one of these days I'll have some fun at work and load it up. Weird it isn't out there anywhere else. I suppose it isn't that necessary.

The only cheap option I am seeing is a headphone jack to the input in the glovebox for sound, and a standard car charger through the cig adaptor for the iPhone. That solution seems to be the cheapest. My daily commute is < 3 miles in the car, so this is only for longer trips, hence my desire not to spend much $ on it.
Appreciate 0