F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Prepare To Be PISSED The F*** Off! Cop Asks Driver for DL and Opens Fire!
Extreme Powerhouse

09-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #23
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
As a minority, the unfortunate reality is we have to say the instructions were following while following the instructions.

"Officer, I'm going to reach into my car as you requested to get my license"

I was pulled over recently for the first time in about 8 years because my license plate is on the left side of my bumper and the officer stated he couldn't see it.

As my heart was pounding, I turned my car off, rolled down all my windows and put both hands on the steering wheel. I. was. scared. as. shit....but not guilty of anything.

Sad day we live in.

EDIT: I have a feeling if there was no video footage, it would be officer's story vs. victims story. We know who wins that case.
Bingo. I'm white, but I have learned that when dealing with American police, you act extremely careful, no sudden moves, and explain exactly what you're planning on doing. That being said, I've had zero issues with the police since I've lived in America, whether they were black or white police officers.

I would NEVER just turn around like this man and reach into my vehicle. NEVER.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #24
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Seriously... I don't know what the hell I was smoking when I wanted to be cop when I was 5 and even went into the Explorer program when I was 17, but ever since I was borderline abused during a traffic stop in 2007 and reading up on all this stuff, my distrust for police is growing more and more each day, and this schmuck is another nail in that coffin.

I mean, when the hell is the federal government going to get off their ass and do something about it? Most police abuse cases are swept under the rug when these cops should be getting double the penalty of what a civilian might encounter!

How much are these abuse cases costing the taxpayers? 1. Police is under the payroll of our taxes and 2. when people sue for justice or even when it's arraigned and tried in court, it's always State of ________ vs. So-and-so, and a normal case where everything went peacefully, either the state or county gets the fine amount or the case gets dismissed, which is only a few thousand at the most for the defendant to spend or the state to miss out on. If the defendant (or victim) or the surviving family wins an abuse case, then it's tens of thousands, sometimes millions taken from tax dollars that can be spent on other things, like ramping up education, healthcare and even fixing the pothole problems on the streets instead of all the costs involved with investigation, trials and even restitution. Don't get me wrong, the victim or surviving families deserve every penny, but it's still a headache for everyone involved and it's much cheaper for everybody if Officer Leroy would keep his finger off the trigger.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 09-25-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Opened fire in a gas station... thats....thats...thats like talking on your cellphone at a gas station!!! What a jackass cop, I'm guessing that's what he's being fired for. Hasn't he seen one hollywood movie?

pew pew pew....EXPLOSION!!!
      09-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #26
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

The officer overreacted to the situation. The officer freaked out when the driver went into his car. I would expect the officer to shout "Get out of your car with your hands up!" instead of just shooting randomly. Plus he's a bad shot. This is like Barney Fife to me. All this for a seat belt violation. Sadly he'll probably get another job as an officer somewhere else.
      09-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #27
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

You can tell the cop feels guilty about what he did by asking the guy if he was hurt. Cops need to understand that they can't act differently towards minorities, after all we are human beings. Like txstyle, I got pulled over one night for a dead break-light, and I was drop dead scared. In my whole life, this was 4th confrontation with police. The cop asked for license and registration, and I told him that I will have to go into my glove compartment. He was completely calm with me, but I could sense from him that felt uneasy about the whole situation we both were in. After all, this happened 2 weeks after the Mike Brown shooting. I could see in his demeanor that he wanted to directly tell me that I shouldn't be afraid, and that he wasn't like other cops after he saw how choppy my voice was and how nervous I was acting. I wholeheartedly believe that there are some honest cops out there, just very few.

Here's a link to a YouTube video of Chinese tourists inline for the iPhone 6, only to have police harass them. It starts at 2:00. The way they acted honestly surprised me. It's almost like they think they can pick on minorities because they don't know their rights to defend themselves.

http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<div class="y...ame></div></a>" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...</div></a></a>
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #28
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Two of my very close friends are police officers.

Danny and i have been friends since 8th grade. He became a cop, after 3-4yrs im not sure how long, he quit and went back to the military.
He couldn't believe the amount of bullshit that goes on in there. He tells me all this. Officers are taught not to discriminate and to treat everyone as equal threat to their safety but he clearly stated to me that that's not the case. Us Black men are treated a little bit more harsh.
Just because you watch rap videos and see other blacks acting like fools doesnt mean we all act like fools.
So that's why i will generalize all of them.

Garry an i have been friends since sophomore year in college. We lived together our senior year.
He even tells m the amount of bullshit that happens is beyond anyones mind.

Do you know how many times i've been pulled over?
When i first came to this country a lot of people were telling me that as a Black man police will treat me unfairly.
Hahaha, i laughed at them. I told them that is not true, Police will not generalize me.I told them that Police will only treat you bad if you don't obey their orders or break the law.
After a few years, i take that back. HOLYSHIT! I've been pulled over so many times i've lost count. One officer told me that "It's unusual to see Blacks drive this type of car' . Another officer told me he stopped me because i had a Yankee hat on, the list goes on and one.

I'm beginning to think maybe it's me. Maybe this officers are not profiling me. i think i need to stop being a fool and then maybe they'll stop pulling me over BUT NO, i was not doing anything unusual. I wasn't speeding or anything. I dont smoke never had. I barely consume alcohol.

I've had officers pull guns at me, i've had officers call me 'nigg@' (but he did it in a jokingly way)... whatever. I don't even bother reporting them anymore because it's not even worth my time. They all say the samething :'We will look into it and do investigation'.

When i need help i will not call 9-1-1. OK, i will deal with it my self. Or i'll deal with the Fire rescure or ambulance.
      09-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #29
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Two of my very close friends are police officers.

I have lots of friends that are cops too. Most of them are pretty well educated and a couple of my lawyer friends used to be cops too.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't bad ones out there. But there are bad people in almost every single profession you can think of.

Please note, I am also not saying people should worship cops. Part of the problem in this country is that people seem to worship soldiers, cops, etc. Why? Not too sure... I mean respect is one thing, but sometimes it goes a little too far... It gives them an entitlement complex that they don't really need (because shit like this happens).
      09-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #30
kennyfrc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

I hope this cop ends up in Shawshank!

Mods: OEM Euro Headers, RPI Scoop

Daily: 2010 Tacoma Double Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #31
MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Do you know how many times i've been pulled over?
When i first came to this country a lot of people were telling me that as a Black man police will treat me unfairly.
Hahaha, i laughed at them. I told them that is not true, Police will not generalize me.I told them that Police will only treat you bad if you don't obey their orders or break the law.
After a few years, i take that back. HOLYSHIT! I've been pulled over so many times i've lost count. One officer told me that "It's unusual to see Blacks drive this type of car' . Another officer told me he stopped me because i had a Yankee hat on, the list goes on and one.

I'm beginning to think maybe it's me. Maybe this officers are not profiling me. i think i need to stop being a fool and then maybe they'll stop pulling me over BUT NO, i was not doing anything unusual. I wasn't speeding or anything. I dont smoke never had. I barely consume alcohol.

I've had officers pull guns at me, i've had officers call me 'nigg@' (but he did it in a jokingly way)... whatever. I don't even bother reporting them anymore because it's not even worth my time. They all say the samething :'We will look into it and do investigation'.

When i need help i will not call 9-1-1. OK, i will deal with it my self. Or i'll deal with the Fire rescure or ambulance.
I live in a pretty upper class neighborhood that borders a pretty lower class neighborhood. I have a friend that used to drive an e39 from the lower class town to the upper class town to get to work. He used to get pulled over for all kinds of BS reasons, but mainly because he was a dark-skinned man driving around in a nice car. He traded that car in and they don't bother him as much now.

I know of another that lives and works in my town and drives a Merc. He got pulled over so many times, he ended up sending them a letter and asking them to keep his license plate number on record as the "black man that drives a nice car".

Makes me sad...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #32
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I have lots of friends that are cops too. Most of them are pretty well educated and a couple of my lawyer friends used to be cops too.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't bad ones out there. But there are bad people in almost every single profession you can think of.

Please note, I am also not saying people should worship cops. Part of the problem in this country is that people seem to worship soldiers, cops, etc. Why? Not too sure... I mean respect is one thing, but sometimes it goes a little too far... It gives them an entitlement complex that they don't really need (because shit like this happens).
      09-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
I live in a pretty upper class neighborhood that borders a pretty lower class neighborhood. I have a friend that used to drive an e39 from the lower class town to the upper class town to get to work. He used to get pulled over for all kinds of BS reasons, but mainly because he was a dark-skinned man driving around in a nice car. He traded that car in and they don't bother him as much now.

I know of another that lives and works in my town and drives a Merc. He got pulled over so many times, he ended up sending them a letter and asking them to keep his license plate number on record as the "black man that drives a nice car".

Makes me sad...
United States is THE greatest country in the world if you ask me. I've lived in others countries so i know what i speak of.
The ONLY problem and i mean (THE ONLY ) problem U.S. has is our 'Race Wars'

It's so unfortunate. Slavery and immigration is what this country was built on and that's what will eventually bring this nation to an end.
      09-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #34
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Lesson 1: Don't make any sudden movements. I can understand why it looks AWFULLY suspicious when you're reaching for your DL at that speed.

Lesson 2: Always verbally address what you're about to do during a traffic stop. Say something like: "My DL and reg is in the glove compartment" or "I'm reaching into my left cargo pocket for my wallet." So far, I have not been shot; even with a shotgun and knife in close proximity.

Speed of movements and verbal intent is VERY important if you don't want to get shot. Most cops I've met are pretty chill. Only one out of the dozens of traffic stops had a bit of high speed pursuit syndrome and cussed me out. Be smart, ESPECIALLY if you're black or Mexican; sad reality. Don't be a fcking victim.
      09-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #35
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Lesson 1: Don't make any sudden movements. I can understand why it looks AWFULLY suspicious when you're reaching for your DL at that speed.

Lesson 2: Always verbally address what you're about to do during a traffic stop. Say something like: "My DL and reg is in the glove compartment" or "I'm reaching into my left cargo pocket for my wallet." So far, I have not been shot; even with a shotgun and knife in close proximity.

Speed of movements and verbal intent is VERY important if you don't want to get shot. Most cops I've met are pretty chill. Only one out of the dozens of traffic stops had a bit of high speed pursuit syndrome and cussed me out. Be smart, ESPECIALLY if you're black or Mexican; sad reality. Don't be a fcking victim.
Very true. But why did the officer shoot so many times?
I feel bad for cops sometime with all the scary situations they have to deal with but why shoot the man when he has his hands up?
      09-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #36
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

The reason we seeing so many of these idiot in the police I blame on 9-11, here is why after 9-11 there was the heighten sense of we need more police to protect everyone from all the terrorist walking around out streets. Police depart all of a sudden are getting Federal $ to hire more police so they go out and grab anyone who says they want to be a police officer. Prior to this, Police would not hire the gun ho guy who thinks is job is to go an arrest all the bad guys. They knew these people were just nut cases.

Today the police departs are fill with nut cases with a badge. Until they get ride of these guys we will continue to see these kids of things happen.

I'll give you a simple example, My son's GF got an in accident and she calls my wife since she could not reach her mom or dad. She did not know what to do. So we drove and met her and assess the situation. In the mean time an office showed up. You could just tell this guy was pumped, and all muscle and was packing ever piece of police gear you can image (i live is a small community and we have very few issues). I walk up to him to introduce myself and he was all over me, he was were you driving and I said no, and he said I not not need to talk to you, and then began to integrate my son's GF like she did something wrong and it was obvious she was the one that got hit. She was hit by and order women so this cop assume immediately it was the kids fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #37
nagisak31
Rep
Drives: m235i

He integrated her? Sounds like it hurt...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #38
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post

What's the lesson for when your have your hands up and a cop is still shooting at you?

*Rant warning*

Ok, my brother works for the US Capitol Police in a division among the highest officials and has former military training so he knows his shit. I've heard it all, but what REALLY gave me a long lasting bad impression of police is this:

On my 16th birthday my dad rented a red Ferrari Testarossa. I remember that Saturday morning when he called and said to "I have a surprise for you, get ready".

I could hear the exotic exhaust note as my father revved it outside our house. I was AMPED when I walked outside and saw it! My dad knew I LOVED cars at a very young age so being able to ride with him in a Ferrari for a day was an absolute dream come true.

Long story short, not even 30 mins into our first destination a cop follows us on the freeway. The cop follows us on all sides of the car and at first were thinking maybe he wants to check it out. After about 20 minutes of following us, he flashes his lights and pulls us over. My heart sank.

The cop said (this is no lie) "the reason I'm pulling you over is your license plate looked a tad bit old" He had us wait in the car on the side of the street for 30 minutes and then makes it even worse by saying "we're going to have this vehicle towed away" (I really wish I was making this up). My dad knew what was really going on and that cab ride back home was the most angriest and enlightening ride I ever had as my first introduction to what I was going to have to deal with the rest of my life.

My dad wanted to sue for unlawful detention as the cop could have told us he was waiting for a tow truck to take the Ferrari (which was so low they couldn't get it on the flatbed), but instead had us wait just so he could ruin my birthday by making me actually watch the Ferrari get towed from us in front of everybody. Truly a humiliating experience.

My own blood brother is a cop, so don't think for one second I think all cops all terrible, but the abuse of power can generate shock waves of hate in a community.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #39
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
*Rant warning*

Sorry about your experience that sucks major monkey dick!

He was jealous and decided to ruin your fun.
      09-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #40
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

There are definitely good cops out there, but they aren't exactly the majority. I have two friends who are police officers. One of them is the good cop type that I speak of. He really is only out there because he wants to do good. The other friend? Not so much. It's sad that I can call him a friend, but he does some pretty messed up stuff on duty and gets away with it just because he's a cop. And trust me, I get to hear all about all of the screwed up things that other cops do from both of these friends. I'm middle-upper class white, and I don't really care for most cops. I always audio/video record whenever I'm pulled over (which isn't even that often), and to be honest, if I was ever in a situation where I feared for my life, I would only call the police as a last resort. I can take care of myself. If I end up just absolutely needing the police, I'll make that call, since that's what my tax dollars go to. But if, just for example, my home was ever broken into in a situation where my life was in danger, I would only be calling the police AFTER I had taken care of the situation. This is why I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and why I am a firearm owner.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #41
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The reason we seeing so many of these idiot in the police I blame on 9-11, here is why after 9-11 there was the heighten sense of we need more police to protect everyone from all the terrorist walking around out streets. Police depart all of a sudden are getting Federal $ to hire more police so they go out and grab anyone who says they want to be a police officer.
Trouble is that community officers aren't supposed to be looking for terrorists; that is for Homeland Security and the D.o.D. But the feds are sending military equipment and people from the D.o.D. to train them who say things like "you are the first line of defense against domestic terrorism and in national security." WRONG. That is the military and national guard's job. But now you have community officers running around shooting first and referring to us all as "civilians" when, hey motherfucker, cops are civilians too.

Last edited by PINeely; 09-26-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #42
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

" Why was I shot? All I did was reach for my license that you asked for."

I have the utmost respect for LEOs and the law. But whenever i find myself in a situation in which I am interacting with police and/or the law I keep in my something I have always believed. There are 2 camps:

1) Those that truly want to serve and protect. They love helping the community and making it safer and it's for all the right reasons.
2) Those that love the adrenaline rush and the power. They love the chase, the control, the "unmentionable"holstered to their belt.

I can not tell from this video which camp the officer falls in to. What I do think though is he profiled the driver, was on edge and acted in a knee-jerk way. Unclip the holster, even withdraw the weapon and switch off the safety. But don't draw it upon someone without seeing their own weapon. Does he not know how to subdue an unarmed person? Was he that concerned that he had his weapon at the ready? If he did he should have held the suspect there, withdrawn to his car and waited for backup. Really, though, he should not have approached the guy so quickly until he was better able to assess the situation and his surroundings.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #43
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Please keep your comments in check and stick to facts presented here.

My two cents worth: Gun crazy society, cops trained to shoot first, ask questions later. They are afraid of any little perceived threats.
Not to mention, thank god, what a bad shot!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #44
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Having family in law enforcement in the NY with and living in NC for the past 20 yrs I am amazed at number of limited education Hicktards that make up law enforcement in the south. Not all southern law enforcement fall into this camp but plenty are out there.
In SE NC the Sherrifs office deputy's patrol around in a para-military style outfits with knee high shit stomping boots looking like Blackwater War Contractors, every time I see them I laugh as I think to myself these guys are supposed to be peace officer first and foremost.
Appreciate 0