E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Yet another INPA Airbag test issue...SYS-0012?

04-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
rjbez17
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Yet another INPA Airbag test issue...SYS-0012?

First off, I've searched and searched and can't find anything. I could have missed it, so if I did, I'm sorry and just link me to the correct place.

Where I'm at:

1) I bought the $100 cable from here.
2) I've tried a few different versions of installing. This was the latest. But I started with this one.
3) I can get both black dots to light up and the car is obviously communicating with INPA. However, when I try the airbag check I get a SYS-0012: IDENTIFICATION ERROR. I can't seem to this issue anywhere on google or the forums.

Anyone have thoughts? I originally had SYS-0005 errors and saw that someone mentioned upgrading to INPA 5.0.2 so that led me to the steps I mentioned in the beginning of #2.

I've attached some screen shots. As I stated above I'm using INPA 5.0.2 and have an 08 335i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:01 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Well, if it's any consolation - I have been coding my car (and others) since this section 1st launched on E90Post

I have NEVER had the Airbag test work on any of the cars - just ignore & go about your tuning

I don't know why they just don't delete that crap about the airbag test in the tutorials because it's known that whether it fails or not just doesn't matter.

As long as you got the (2) black communication dots you are good to go - and even that is basically a confirmation that you have the USB port that cable is plugged in to configured as 'Com1' on your computer the 1st time you code.

I do the communication check every time regardless just to be sure...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Well, if it's any consolation - I have been coding my car (and others) since this section 1st launched on E90Post

I have NEVER had the Airbag test work on any of the cars - just ignore & go about your tuning
+1

I have never been able to communicate with the airbags. I don't even get the black dots some times. The only thing I do is go in and check for codes or simply just check vehicle identification just to make sure I am getting communication. You'll be fine.
Instagram- (javy_e92) 09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / AFE Stage 2 intake / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +

Last edited by Javy; 04-16-2014 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0