BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Clutch Slipping at 46,000 miles

Hello all.

Starting up another clutch thread, for a BMW 135i 6 speed MT N55 2011.

My car is FBO with a VTT turbo upgrade, meth, etc. I havent put her on the dyno yet,but it should be around 500-500 hp at the time. I couldnt put the power to the ground, so I bought a pair of toyo proxies before going for an LSD. Well this did do the job, but at the same time, the car is resisiting more torque due to the increase in grip.

This has caused or shown the clutch to slip when doing WOT.

I am looking to buy the SPEC or the Clutch master, but i am not going to make this thread about this, since there are countless threads that compare these two (if you all have a better option then these two for a n55 manual transmission, id appreciate it too)

My question is about the flywheel. Most of the clutch kit options give the option of using your stock flywheel, but my local mechanic is heavily advising that I should get the flywheel. I dont want to loose the daily driving smoothness, so I want to keep the flywheel. To this, my mechanic says that then I should buy a NEW OEM flywheel. He says that most certainly it should be replaced, but I dont see any of the people in these forums replacing it.

Like i said, my car has 46k miles. And I want an opinion on wether I should or not buy a new flywheeel now that im changing the clutch.

Thank you all. All the help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Phlonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82 M4

I have been advised to replace mine when doing the clutch as well. I have also heard of about 3 people who simply re-surfaced theirs and have not had a problem. I bought a new one for $555, since I don't intend on ever going back in there for the life of the car. I may resurface my existing (65k miles) and try to sell it. By the way, I don't know if this would fit your needs but I will be installing an F10 550i/335is clutch kit on mine. It's supposed to hold tq in the 500's and have the same feel as the OEM clutch. The kit is less than $400...
Appreciate 0