E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > For those running meth(map 3) + G5 board...

05-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
jrsniper12453
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

The way map 3 works now (as I understand it) with autotuning is that it also will adjust performance down according to your meth content. So if you're using 91 and ww fluid but have your additive at 60 it's not going to just add 6 psi. So theoretically you can set your additive at something like 60 and it will tune to whatever it actually should be. Setting it at 30 if you're running 93 (for example) is more for setting your own ceiling, which has its merits. Mostly I'm trying to say that you don't need to worry about getting too aggressive with your additive and hurting your car. Jb4 won't let you be too stupid unless you're trying really hard.

Edit: I found the proof behind my saying this but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to the "other" forum..

Last edited by jrsniper12453; 05-16-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
LAZ
OneThirty5Eye
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsniper12453 View Post
The way map 3 works now (as I understand it) with autotuning is that it also will adjust performance down according to your meth content. So if you're using 91 and ww fluid but have your additive at 60 it's not going to just add 6 psi. So theoretically you can set your additive at something like 60 and it will tune to whatever it actually should be. Setting it at 30 if you're running 93 (for example) is more for setting your own ceiling, which has its merits. Mostly I'm trying to say that you don't need to worry about getting too aggressive with your additive and hurting your car. Jb4 won't let you be too stupid unless you're trying really hard.

Edit: I found the proof behind my saying this but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to the "other" forum..
Can you pm me the link? or perhaps tell me what I can Google to find the page?
I would like to read more about this. But i believe you are correct. When i first installed my meth kit the additive was incorrectly set to something like 80 by my installer... but of course i wasn't pushing anything near 20 psi lol. i would peak at around 16 psi and taper down to like 13...