F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > It snowed again today...
GetBMWParts

04-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #23
yllwwgn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, North America, Arizona more specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Where abouts are you going to be stationed?

Tail of the dragon is fun, we used to make yearly trips from MI for a weekend, and now that I'm here, it's lost some of its zest, so my next trip is going to be to Calahara I think.
I'll be in Greenville for work (never been, though it's a small town that much I know)... a few of us are flying into Raleigh, than instead of a puddle-jumper, we're just going to rent a car and make the drive instead. Trust me NO roads with corners and elevation changes could possibly lose their "zest" for me... not when you live in the Phoenix-metro area; flat, boring, 90-degree corners, etc. I miss PA roads SO much....

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak".
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #24
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwwgn View Post
I'll be in Greenville for work (never been, though it's a small town that much I know)... a few of us are flying into Raleigh, than instead of a puddle-jumper, we're just going to rent a car and make the drive instead. Trust me NO roads with corners and elevation changes could possibly lose their "zest" for me... not when you live in the Phoenix-metro area; flat, boring, 90-degree corners, etc. I miss PA roads SO much....
Nice! Yeah Greenville isn't much to brag about, but Raleigh has some pretty cool places to check out. If you're into college type style going out, there's a few good places to spend the night out in Chapel Hill as well. When the time gets closer and you guys want some ideas, give me a holler.

Touche. I visit family in Fountain Hills every so often and looking down off the peak at the flat zones is pretty hard on the eyes. Michigan was pretty similar, only difference were man eating pot holes every 5 yards.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
yllwwgn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, North America, Arizona more specifically.

Quote:
Nice! Yeah Greenville isn't much to brag about, but Raleigh has some pretty cool places to check out. If you're into college type style going out, there's a few good places to spend the night out in Chapel Hill as well. When the time gets closer and you guys want some ideas, give me a holler.

Touche. I visit family in Fountain Hills every so often and looking down off the peak at the flat zones is pretty hard on the eyes. Michigan was pretty similar, only difference were man eating pot holes every 5 yards.
Cool, thanks man, will keep that in mind!

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak".
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
I've visited southern FL during the summer season, and to be honest, I don't know if I could take that abuse year after year. I'm sure the "WINTERS", spring, and fall are awesome, but that summer heat was something to write home about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The Heat may play well, but they still suck. Just sayin'.

My sister lives in Orlando and is always trying to get us to move there. Not a chance. We visited in March one year and it was 90F or more every day. Miserable. Reminded me of the summer I spent in Houston.
Summer is from July - September. The rest of the year hovers between perfect and near perfect.

Me personally i despise HOT weather and would like every day to have a low of 55 and a high of 75. (that actually describes today) But due to the geographic location, with the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic, the months of 85-95 degree weather has it's place and there are plenty of things to do in that heat that you wouldn't really want to do when the highs are 70.

The hottest its been this year was yesterday at 89 but that was only for an hour or so late afternoon. It typically gets warmer until it rains, then it cools off for a few days. And while 90 degrees is hot anywhere, when your sweat can't evaporate to cool you off because it's also 90% humidity, it sucks worse. But again, that's only a few months of the year.

i think it's easy to take 3 HOT months in trade for 5 stellar months and 4 mediocre months over 5 snowy months. Anyhow, off to drive home from work, in the jeep with the top down, dog hanging in the wind.
      04-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #27
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Summer is from July - September. The rest of the year hovers between perfect and near perfect.

Me personally i despise HOT weather and would like every day to have a low of 55 and a high of 75. (that actually describes today) But due to the geographic location, with the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic, the months of 85-95 degree weather has it's place and there are plenty of things to do in that heat that you wouldn't really want to do when the highs are 70.

The hottest its been this year was yesterday at 89 but that was only for an hour or so late afternoon. It typically gets warmer until it rains, then it cools off for a few days. And while 90 degrees is hot anywhere, when your sweat can't evaporate to cool you off because it's also 90% humidity, it sucks worse. But again, that's only a few months of the year.

i think it's easy to take 3 HOT months in trade for 5 stellar months and 4 mediocre months over 5 snowy months. Anyhow, off to drive home from work, in the jeep with the top down, dog hanging in the wind.
That's a song most can dance to, and I'm sure if I actually lived down there, I'd probably suck it up and enjoy it regardless. I just need to lie to myself so I feel better about not having moved further south, lol.

Going there on vacation during the epitome of "summer" in FL probably wasn't going to leave the best impression, but hopefully at some point in life I will reside there, or have a winter abode there.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #28
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
That's a song most can dance to, and I'm sure if I actually lived down there, I'd probably suck it up and enjoy it regardless. I just need to lie to myself so I feel better about not having moved further south, lol.

Going there on vacation during the epitome of "summer" in FL probably wasn't going to leave the best impression, but hopefully at some point in life I will reside there, or have a winter abode there.
This.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I think what would suck the most for someone from your neck of the woods is the lack of mountains, or hills for that matter. It's flat from Tampa all the way south.....like pancake flat.
      04-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #30
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I think what would suck the most for someone from your neck of the woods is the lack of mountains, or hills for that matter. It's flat from Tampa all the way south.....like pancake flat.
This is the detail that would probably make it the most difficult for me to live down there.
      04-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #31
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
I'm newly freshened up to the idea of mountains and hills as of only a year ago, so I haven't even gotten the full experience yet!

Before that, Michigan is basically the same way, flat and hill-less. Only thing that was different was the weather and the number of bums I encountered day to day.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
This is the detail that would probably make it the most difficult for me to live down there.
yeah, when i leave the rockies i basically morn for a few days. Same experience when we left the Redwoods in Cali. They are so majestic you miss them immediately.

Quote:
I'm newly freshened up to the idea of mountains and hills as of only a year ago, so I haven't even gotten the full experience yet!

Before that, Michigan is basically the same way, flat and hill-less. Only thing that was different was the weather and the number of bums I encountered day to day.
Most of my time in MI is spent in the UP. So when you say Michigan, i usually think of Marquette. (Mrs. Tonka was a UPer)