F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > License Plate Idea
ARMA SPEED

12-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

License Plate Idea

Dont ask me why but from time to time I jones for a vanity plate. Living in CA with only 7 letters and a lot cars most great configurations are taken. One that I wanted was a version of Schnell. Of course tons are taken. I like it in the sense of "quicker" or "faster". Given the traffic here and my lack of patience. So, one configuration available is SHNELL 3. The three I can can be a nod to my 335.

But Schnell also means fast, etc. I dont want people to think Im saying I have a fast 3. I run a tune so its no slug, but im not getting in to the mix with a C7 Corvette anytime soon. I dont want people thinking im bragging about my car vs. my personality flaw of telling people to get the lead out and move. And yes vanity plates are in themselves douchy....but for some reason I live them. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
DF
Major
Rep

i take it no one likes this idea
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
Dont ask me why but from time to time I jones for a vanity plate. Living in CA with only 7 letters and a lot cars most great configurations are taken. One that I wanted was a version of Schnell. Of course tons are taken. I like it in the sense of "quicker" or "faster". Given the traffic here and my lack of patience. So, one configuration available is SHNELL 3. The three I can can be a nod to my 335.

But Schnell also means fast, etc. I dont want people to think Im saying I have a fast 3. I run a tune so its no slug, but im not getting in to the mix with a C7 Corvette anytime soon. I dont want people thinking im bragging about my car vs. my personality flaw of telling people to get the lead out and move. And yes vanity plates are in themselves douchy....but for some reason I live them. What do you think?

What's nice is you have the luxury of a 7 character license plate, but check this out man. I actually wanted to do something like what you're talking about. You know "Schnell" + a tribute to my 3 series, but wasn't able to do it how I wanted to because we're restricted to 6 characters in Massachusetts, so I'm gonna pass my idea on to you. Try this for a vanity plate dude: "SCHN3LL". I'm willing to bet money nobody has that one and when you get it, you'll be the coolest mofo at your next BMW meet for about 12 seconds, lol. Hope this works for you bro.
      12-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post

What's nice is you have the luxury of a 7 character license plate, but check this out man. I actually wanted to do something like what you're talking about. You know "Schnell" + a tribute to my 3 series, but wasn't able to do it how I wanted to because we're restricted to 6 characters in Massachusetts, so I'm gonna pass my idea on to you. Try this for a vanity plate dude: "SCHN3LL". I'm willing to bet money nobody has that one and when you get it, you'll be the coolest mofo at your next BMW meet for about 12 seconds, lol. Hope this works for you bro.
Actually its taken already. Adn when I tried SHN3LL, the DMV told me to get fucked that I coudnt use a number that represeted a letter because it would confuse the police. Despite the fact that they YOUR PL8 as the example on the DMV's own website.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Quote:
Actually its taken already. Adn when I tried SHN3LL, the DMV told me to get fucked that I coudnt use a number that represeted a letter because it would confuse the police. Despite the fact that they YOUR PL8 as the example on the DMV's own website.
Hahahaha, that kills me. Confused Police? Man, if the cops get loopy 'cause they can't make out a plate, they shouldn't be cops. It was worth a try anyways. Hope when I get to NH, they don't give me any shit about it.
      12-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Talking

Quote:

For something quick and something fast, I might have several ideas for you:
  • MNTMAN (reads as minute man. A 6 digiter but you can always add the space between the first three and the rests of the letters so it becomes your second option below)
  • MNT MAN
  • MNTEMAN
  • QCKIESX
  • QUICK
  • QUICKY
  • ONEMNTE
  • ONE MIN (notice the space in between)
  • ONEMIN
  • TWOMINS
  • THREEMN
  • FOURMIN
  • FIVEMN
  • SIXMINS
  • SVNMINS
  • EGHTMIN
  • NINEMIN
  • TENMINS
  • FSTRBBY (faster baby. like as in ooh uhh yeah fasterr babyyy)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
B8B88B it's hard to read on a plate
Appreciate 0