BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

lease expired...need new car....

So, my E92 335I lease expired and needed a new car so I went car shopping about a week ago....first stop:
Porsche.....took out a 2009 911 Carrera S, it was a demo model with a few thousand K.....loved the way it handled, the steering was tight and has a good feel between car and the road. the acceleration was awesome and enjoyed the exhaust note....wicked car...by the way...that touch screen nav is SWEET!!!....but couldnt afford the 100k they were asking.
second stop:
Mercedes: they had an E350 in the showroom so i spent 10 minutes going over the interior....very plush, fit n finish was great and quality materials...loved the look!
took a E550 for test drive....at idle outside the car....it sounded great....revved it up...it sounded even better....but inside the car......it was very quiet...too quiet for me....but off the line power was good but the steering feel felt.....ummm....blah!......kinda sloppy.
The 550 interior was awesome....and tons of room too!.....but it didnt feel sporty to me.
third stop:
Audi: took the S5 out...went for a 20 minute drive....this car is sexy looking....loved the side view of the car....nice lines!!
In typical fashion....the interior was very nice....you can tell alot of time was spent on ergonomics and quality of the materials was rich.....one thing did bother me a bit....too many freakin buttons!!!.....considering that was my only beef....the interior was top notch!
this is the second time in 12 months I took this car out for a drive and wanted to get another feel for it....and i basically walked away with the same feeling.....great cruizin car...quick....sounds wicked....but i just cant figure out what i don't like about the way it feels or drives....im not sure if this makes sense...but it felt numb....better than the Merc....but nothing like the 911...anyway...off to BMW!
took out a 2010 M3 with DCT....now this is what its all about....city driving was...well....uneventfull.....smooth shifting between gears...nice sound from the exhaust...then we hit the highway...I gave it some gas.....and the sales guy says "floor it"....OH BABY!!!!....the acceleration was awesome...and the exhaust note.....FUCK ya....what music!!!!....I slowed down a bit through the twisties and it felt planted.....great feel for the road and wheels. the steering felt lighter than my 335I...but over all....great ride....and I love the steering wheel....nice and meaty!
the interior looks almost the same.....loved the black material they use on the ceiling...the nav screen was huge...and resolution is awesome....beautiful through and through!
sooooo.......to cut this short...I went in today and picked up my new M3!!!!!!
Let the mods begin:
on order: Eisenman race black series exhaust, BBs CHR wheels with Yoko Advan sports....alcantara shift boot and ebrake boot w/m3 stitching, jet black side gills w/tint, jet black grills, 35% tint on 3 back windows....and i also picked an M3 watch at the dealership
Ill post picks when mods are completed.
cheers, shiggy
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

congrats!
      01-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
bobbydog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Did you buy the M3 or leased it? what about all the mods?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydog View Post
Did you buy the M3 or leased it? what about all the mods?
i bought it outright....the mods?......all parts are ordered......dropping off car at the shop in about 10 days.....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #5
bobbydog
Private First Class
Rep

You're going love the M3...I find the steering soft too compared to the regular 3 series. E90 E92 or E93?
Have fun... Just be careful with all that power!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #6
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You're going love the M3...I find the steering soft too compared to the regular 3 series. E90 E92 or E93?
Have fun... Just be careful with all that power!
thx man...day one was very enjoyable....cant get enough of that exhaust sound....man!......cant wait for my eisenman!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #7
bobbydog
Private First Class
Rep

I've had mine for more than a year with no problems...I find the engine is loud enough as it is...can't imagine with the Eisenmans! You'll wake up all your neighbors if you come home late.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I've had mine for more than a year with no problems...I find the engine is loud enough as it is...can't imagine with the Eisenmans! You'll wake up all your neighbors if you come home late.
its not that bad...lol.....already heard it....its intoxicating!
Appreciate 0