E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Has anyone in SoCal retrofitted bluetooth in a pre-wired E92 with iDrive?

09-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
vivarey
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Question Has anyone in SoCal retrofitted bluetooth in a pre-wired E92 with iDrive?

Hi everyone!

I'm a new BMW owner as of last weekend (2008 328i coupe) and I love it so far. It feels good to be part of the club.

My car has iDrive but no bluetooth (I had to pick one or the other based on pre-owned inventory in the area). I've been reading on the forums about bluetooth retrofitting, and it sounds like a pretty easy install for pre-wired vehicles. I'm not a DIY kinda guy when it comes to cars, so I'm wondering if anyone in SoCal has had this work done successfully. If yes, where? And are you happy with the work?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Pretty straightforward retrofit. Anyone with auto-logic or NCS can program it for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
vivarey
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Thanks Grant. I figured it's a pretty straightforward job. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a specific shop in the LA area, and share how much it cost (or should cost) for the labor. I'll probably buy the parts on my own.
Appreciate 0