BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #155
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power
Now that I have your attention, got in a tiny fender bender last night.

Does anyone have a bumper for sale in NYC/ Long Island area? Don't care what color, looking for OEM, Euro OEM, but open to whatever you have. If it's mint and Jet black, even better...

Please text me if you do 631-617-0991

Thank you...
There's several for sale here. A nice trunk from ds3I3no is listed for sale.

Your ride is looking pretty nice!

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:25 AM   #156
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
There's several for sale here. A nice trunk from ds3I3no is listed for sale.

Your ride is looking pretty nice!
Thanks my man, but I should've mentioned I need a front bumper...I think I found one for a great deal, but I will have to have it painted. If I could find a Jet Black bumper it would save me a huge headache...

But thanks again bro!
      12-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #157
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

HOLY SHIT!!! saw an m3 at haberstad of Huntington a couple weeks ago that I started to drool over and guess who it was...

awesome car, would love to cruise to a meet with you one time in the spring. don't have an m but being a mechanic, I do have something you would def appreciate!!!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #158
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
HOLY SHIT!!! saw an m3 at haberstad of Huntington a couple weeks ago that I started to drool over and guess who it was...

awesome car, would love to cruise to a meet with you one time in the spring. don't have an m but being a mechanic, I do have something you would def appreciate!!!
Haha, I was actually getting a new transmission. I didn't even ask for it. Pete Mitchell is my SM and he seems to be a cool dude.

Your a mechanic at Habberstad Huntington?
      12-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #159
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Haha, I was actually getting a new transmission. I didn't even ask for it. Pete Mitchell is my SM and he seems to be a cool dude.

Your a mechanic at Habberstad Huntington?
Nahh, I just go there for service, Pete Mitchell helps me out as well. Great guy, and does everything for you.

I thought I read in one of your earlier posts that you started working as a mechanic very young, hence my comment before.

Anyway, awesome car. Recognized the text on those tires haha. Hope all is worked out with the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #160
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Nahh, I just go there for service, Pete Mitchell helps me out as well. Great guy, and does everything for you.

I thought I read in one of your earlier posts that you started working as a mechanic very young, hence my comment before.

Anyway, awesome car. Recognized the text on those tires haha. Hope all is worked out with the transmission.
Haha yes it was a passion for a long time, still do little stuff here and there, Swapped out Xpipe's for "Zameer" at the first shop I ever worked at (15 years ago) which brought back memories.

I went to school and passed my series 7 & 63 exams so Im now a licensed financial "consultant" ie broker. Money is obviously better but, I forgot how fast time goes when your getting your hands dirty.

The tranny is great, work seems performed properly. Stlll suffers the reg shortcomings and notchiness of the M3, but the problem that was intermittent and someone rare (popped out of 1st gear 5-10 times in 15k miles) has not happened since. So please.

They also fixed by right low beam and a cup holder which a buddy cracked, along with routine maintenance. Cost or repairs = $0. ")

But hey 631-617-0991, I live and work local and anytime I'll meet up go for a cruise or something...Also have some parts for sale u may or may not want hahaa... HMU bro

and thanks again for the compliments. Haters really get upset by the tire lettering haha. So its a breathe of fresh air for someone to appreciate all the hard work, love and attention into that car...

PEACE
      12-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #161
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Few pics I took the other day with a new secret weapon (two part polish)...
Attached Images

12-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #162
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Too much free time...

Figured I do an update...

The car is in the shop bc my dumbass went out in 28*F weather with over-inflated cheap summer tires (Hankook Ventus V-12s) and trying to merge onto a two lane highway gave too much gas..., the rear tires broke loose while i was moving lane's and swung out...I feathered on the throttle , and pointed the wheels straight but the car swung back where I wanted it to be, buuuuut it continued until I did a 180* s and slid sideways (30-35mph) into a concrete divider...

I was alone and it was a HARD hit, even cracked the window somehow and snapped the rear view mirror off and deployed the side airbags ...But the body of the car some how barely got touched, the passenger side wheels due the entire force of the impact and were destroyed along with my rack and pinion and tons of suspension parts on the pass side....

30 days until its done because obviously a lot of ///M parts come from Germany but the suspense is killing me...

How hard is it to bend the unibody of the car?? Anyone have experience with this??

Body guy said there was no subframe or unibody damage, but he wasn't in the car to feel the impact.. Even my detailing stuff in the trunk broke...

Sadly for me, Ive used him many times with various cars and he only works on high end cars...The car always has comeback quick and looking & driving better than when it was new...

Has anyone reading this ever taken such a hard hit and get the car back feeling ok? I worry he thinks the hit wasn't that hard bc of the lack of body damage...The suspense is killing me, and it'll be at least 30 days before i get her back...

Last edited by DKX4///M; 12-29-2014 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #163
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power

The car is in the shop bc my dumbass went out in 28*F weather with over-inflated cheap summer tires (Hankook Ventus V-12s) and trying to merge onto a two lane highway gave too much gas..., the rear tires broke loose while i was moving lane's and swung out...I feathered on the throttle , and pointed the wheels straight but the car swung back where I wanted it to be, buuuuut it continued until I did a 180* s and slid sideways (30-35mph) into a concrete divider...

I was alone and it was a HARD hit, even cracked the window somehow and snapped the rear view mirror off and deployed the side airbags ...But the body of the car some how barely got touched, the passenger side wheels due the entire force of the impact and were destroyed along with my rack and pinion and tons of suspension parts on the pass side....

Body guy said there was no subframe or unibody damage, but he wasn't in the car to feel the impact.. Even my detailing stuff in the trunk broke...

Sadly for me, Ive used him many times with various cars and he only works on high end cars...The car always has comeback quick and looking & driving better than when it was new...
Mann! Thats sad to hear. But the good news is that your in good health... Physically!
I got into a similar accident with my is300 (R.I.P.) but i ping pong from side to side and ended up merging onto another freeway. I walked away with just a sprain shoulder, but the car looked like a crushed can?! But the crazy thing about it is that after getting it home, it still managed to start up. It then died out because of no fluids, but i just think of it as it telling me "goodbye"
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #164
ArthurL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT (E93)

Glad to hear you're okay, and sorry to hear about the damages.. hopefully you'll get it fixed up and running in no time.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #165
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Ordered Friday, Cable arrived today as promised...Used my Macbook Pro and a program that runs a windows platform on the Mac (which Mike remotely installed)...

After actually reading the instructions (which were short and easy to understand)...Install was an absolute breeze...Less than 10 Minutes and I was back on the road....All I can say is WOW.

The roads were wet and cold so traction was non existent. But this really highlighted the power gains even more....While I couldn't really feel the pull 1st-3rd because of the wheel spin, the tires actually spun in 4th at WOT which has NEVER happened.

Aside from the obvious power gains, the benefit of the tune was obvious from the start of the engine...Smoother idle, less unburnt fuel smell from the cat-less exhaust, throttle response was much sharper and torque came on much earlier than before.

Once the road's dry up tomorrow I'll be able to give a more thorough review. But clearly money was well spent, and if 4th - 6th gear pulled that much harder can't wait to feel 1st-3rd.

Big Thanks to Mike @ BPM for the software and his help with my computer illiterate ass...

I'll post some video's and hopefully some track times shortly.
Another happy BPM client here.

Did you get the Servotronic mod also?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #166
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyis300 View Post
Mann! Thats sad to hear. But the good news is that your in good health... Physically!
I got into a similar accident with my is300 (R.I.P.) but i ping pong from side to side and ended up merging onto another freeway. I walked away with just a sprain shoulder, but the car looked like a crushed can?! But the crazy thing about it is that after getting it home, it still managed to start up. It then died out because of no fluids, but i just think of it as it telling me "goodbye"
Oh man, sounds like my Evo 8...The damage didn't even look bad. But I took a huge hit with that car...Put 20K down, and paid off about 2k of the $10,000 loan...(Got cheaper than sticker brand new in 03 because the salesman bought my 300hp CRX LOL)...

A woman smoking pot with her daughter "thought I was turning and hit me" she admitted fault to police and this is right after the zero fault rules ended...She was 90% I was 10% at fault...

Here's the crappy part:

1. She had "Lincoln General Insurance" which made me sign a contract saying I wouldn't sue to collect more than her payout limit of $10k, they let me keep the car and I sold it to my boss at the time for $7k...Had to pay off the 8k owed before I could even sell it...

2.Because I got stuck with a totaled car and only $10k (-$8k owed) usually MY full coverage should have given me the difference and salvaged the car Butttt...

Because I never got a "Car code" aka pre-insurance inspection by the new company they denied my claim and even worse didn't refund my premium for the 4 months an 19 year old insured an Evo VIII...(AKA A LOT OF $$$)

So lost 5 figures in that deal bc I had about $22k equity in it and owed 8k, also they "had no interest in holding the car" and I sold it for $8k...

So i had no car and $10k in my hand after paying the loan ended up driving an altima for a year... LMAO

Last edited by DKX4///M; 12-29-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #167
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Oh man, really sorry to hear. Wish you all luck with the repair!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #168
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurL View Post
Glad to hear you're okay, and sorry to hear about the damages.. hopefully you'll get it fixed up and running in no time.
Thanks bud. Yea the best thing about this body shop is he over estimates time...If he says 30 days, I'll probably have it back in 3 weeks...

And thank god I have rental coverage ...

But the body shop is going to help me out, bc besides a bad scrape in the front bumper and the buckled rear wheel well, the only exterior damage is the wheels, rear diffuser, and a front splitter went missing...Technically none of those things should be covered but even though the splitters were reps, he got OEM replacement cost, etc...
      12-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #169
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Another happy BPM client here.

Did you get the Servotronic mod also?
Of course. I love it...High speeds the car feels way too safe and you can catch yourself doing 120 without even realizing it...

I'm upset though I only had the tune for about a month before the accident. I can't wait to get it back, It'll feel like the day I got it...
      12-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #170
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:

30 days until its done because obviously a lot of ///M parts come from Germany but the suspense is killing me...

How hard is it to bend the unibody of the car?? Anyone have experience with this??

Has anyone reading this ever taken such a hard hit and get the car back feeling ok? I worry he thinks the hit wasn't that hard bc of the lack of body damage...The suspense is killing me, and it'll be at least 30 days before i get her back...
This didn't happen in my M3 but in my 328, the whole rear suspension was destroyed. My dumbass drove over those flower beds they put in parking lots (this one had no tree growing out of it so didn't see it). Basically, my car was sitting on it and it suffered 20k worth of damage. Coolant tank burst and some other stuff (there was fluid leaking literally all over the parking lot), rear suspension took severe damage and front took some as well. Took few weeks but got the car back and it drove same as it did before. Hoping you get a similar result bro!
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #171
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEM3R View Post
Took few weeks but got the car back and it drove same as it did before. Hoping you get a similar result bro!
Thanks Zeem,

That makes me feel a little better. This guy almost always has at least 1 ///M car in his shop. He's using all new & OEM parts and replacing everything that was damaged as well as anything that may have had its integrity compromised...I am going to talk to him about changing the axle on the side that hit and if he doesnt do it, I'm going to ask insurance to cover a diff fluid change with BMW, if not, I'll pay myself. (Heard horror stories of diffs going bad bc of side impacts)..

He Put it on some expensive piece of machinery and said the the body itself and the suspension mounts and attachment points were unharmed and to spec.

Also stated that from his previous reading, M cars use lightweight aluminum suspension pieces to save weight but also to "break away" on impacts with curbs or corners...So you don't damage the underbody of the car at the track. He also said one of the reasons they handle so well his the chasis is reenforced with with steel to lower the center of gravity, distribute weight evenly, increase rigidity, and on hard impact or collision allow for a slight bit of allowable "flex" to absorb the impact...

I trust this guy and again, he;s never let me down, so now it's just a waiting game...Ughhh.

I do need some parts that were damaged in the accident that are not covered by insurance, (although someone I know just happens to owe me exactly what these parts cost ) LMAO

1. Mode LM Rear Diffuser (slight damage, looking for a used but like ew condition, prefer local or Out of state with a good "trade" review") If I can't find one, I may just have him repair the minor cracks in the Mode one and cover it with 1x1 carbon fiber style vinyl wrap or just have it painted to match the car. What do you guys think? Paint or leave CF?

2. A set of like new tires 255/275 or 265/285 width 35 AR and for 19" wheels....The Hankook v-12 evo's are discontinued and bc the LSD I dont want one new rear tire and one worn out. Not to mention I HATED those tires even when it was warm. Im usually a good driver and always beat friends 60' times...with those tires warmed up I couldn't do better than 2.3 secs which killed my ET's...(Was pulling mid-high 12's with traps between 115-118 which IMHO is a direct result of no traction off the line and horrible wheel spin 1st->2nd, and 2nd to 3rd...115-118 traps should be doing high 11's, low 12's at least with a 1.8-1.9 60ft from my experience.

3. A set of Used OEM front splitters, or a like new set of high quality 1x1 splitters...

I will also have the spare parts for sale after I get the car back, such as a cracked Mode LM Diff, Passenger side CF Splitter Rep, and Im sure some other parts as well...

LMK if you are interested in any of these parts guys and I'lll grab them for you and give them to you VERY cheap....
      12-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #172
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Racing Video's

Since my car is in the shop, I got to sit shotty in my buddies 2011 Jet Black M3 6MT with almost the same mods as my car , even looks similar...

Had a few good runs with some worthy competitors...of 6 respectable cars, only one beat...him...(clears throat)...

2011 M3 6MT vs. 2015 WRX sTi (Stock)

2011 M3 6MTvs. Modded 2014 Camaro SS

More later. First race was obvious outcome. Just friends messing around....

Last edited by DKX4///M; 12-31-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #173
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
M3 vs. Heavily Modded 135i (Video)

"My buddies" Jet Black 2011 M3 with the same bolt on's as my car vs. a heavily modded 135i with a modified single turbo, full M3 suspension, and much more....

While the M3 (on the right) in this video appears to win, it is only bc my buddy had just installed his straight pipes and the surprising power gains combined with lower temperatures resulted in a major loss of traction. Luckily the 135i is our buddy and was able to laugh about our....i mean...there... "close call"...

135i still edged out the M3 by 1-2 cars which is gains immediately and just holds the distance. Given enough room the M3 would even out...

Also this is after the cat-less exhaust but before the tune...I believe the tune will narrow the gap and maybe even close it...

We..I mean, they...have a rematch planned when temps rise..

Anyway, blah blah blah...Here is the Video...

2011 M3 vs. 11 sec. 2011 135i
      01-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #174
dklobuci
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Almost all the mods have been professionally installed w/ exception to the angel eyes, suspension, and carbon fiber ZCP Spoiler
what rims are these?

JB4 G5 ISO| DCI | BMS CF | OEM M-TECH F&R BUMPERS | AMUSE TRUNK |M6 RIMS |
My Build http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16458808
Previous: 2012 g37xs coupe
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #175
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklobuci View Post
what rims are these?
Ray's Gramlights, or 57 Motorsport's G07EX depending on the country or where you get them.

19" Front and Rear Diameter, 9.5" width in the front, 10.5" in the rear...Offset 25, all around in "Matte Graphite" finish.

Sadly, I just ruined two and they are not available for a few months...So looks like Im in the market for some winter wheels until Ray's USA gets them back in stock.
      01-12-2015, 09:19 PM   #176
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Checked out the car today for the first time since the accident. Wanted to take pics before the repairs, and the parts all came in minus the wheels which I have to get...

Noticed the Mode Carbon diffuser has the smallest chip on it from the stress of the crash.

So my choices are:

1. Have my guy repair, reinforce, and repaint the current rear diffuser the color of the car and leave it like that...

OR

2. Repair/repaint it and sell it on here. In that case I would buy a new Mode Carbon diffuser in 1x1 (as it was my favorite external mod, and I found one Brandnew for a ridic price)

Either way I have to paint it, so well see how I feel after its done. Leaning toward the C/F because I like that little bit of contrast to the black.