E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bold 9700 - Bluetooth - Volume - Gong -help please

05-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
anorak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120i Sport

Unhappy Bold 9700 - Bluetooth - Volume - Gong -help please

OK try to keep this as short as possible, but I need some help please.

Have fitted bluetooth prep etc and a Blackberry Bold 9700 The professional radio was delivered with a facia scratch so 5 weeks after delivery they changed it. Before they did bluetooth and USB connection died so waited for new radio to hopefully solve the problem. No Joy, it was the controller. Just fitted new controller, but now I have a list of issues.

-The PDC volume control is missing from the list
-The Gong volume control is there and can be changed from -5 to +5 but whatever it is set on it is just TOO LOUD
-My Blackberry 9700 will not allow me to turn telephone volume down so it is deafening. If I try to turn volume down from Blackberry it will not let me and the volume control on Radio will not change it.

Is this a Blackberry issue or a BMW issue?
Should the warning Gong make you jump out of your skin every time someone takes a seatbelt off?
Should the ring volume leave you deaf?

Any help on any of these is appreciated...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
CHG
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Variety of 4 Wheeled Things

Sounds very much like a BMW issue... Firstly because you're experiencing 2 similar problems with volume, and secondly, I have a Bold 9700 and an iPhone, and they both allow me to turn the volume down through either the steering control or the dashboard knob. Trying to change the volume through the phone has no effect though
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
anorak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120i Sport

Thanks. At least that a good start. Does your Blackberry have OS5?

I think it is a programming issue too. But seeing someone else who made it work isd a great place to argue from.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
CHG
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Variety of 4 Wheeled Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorak View Post
Thanks. At least that a good start. Does your Blackberry have OS5?

I think it is a programming issue too. But seeing someone else who made it work isd a great place to argue from.
Yes it does...

Best way to prove it is go into your BMW dealer, connect your phone to one of their cars, and get them to call it... then show them what the problem is
Appreciate 0