E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Financial Services is Holding My Title Hostage!!

08-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Striker28
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '11 E82 128i 6MT

BMW Financial Services is Holding My Title Hostage!!

Hi everyone, would love to get some advice about how to deal with BMW Financial Services.

Here's what happened:
I leased a '12 328i Coupe in May 2012. The dealer assured me I can transfer the lease if I need to (was applying to grad school locally and on the East Coast). Of course, I get into the East Coast school, but not the local one, so I found someone to take over the lease. I thought everything was great, BUT when I start the lease assumption process, BMW tells me THEY HAVE NOT HAD THE CAR'S TITLE FOR 14 MONTHS because of the wonders of the CA DMV (apparently sent the title to Dublin, CA rather than Dublin, OH and somehow no one corrected that in 14 months...). Now, apparently, it will take at least another month before they can even BEGIN the lease assumption process (takes 2-3 weeks), but I'm moving away in 3 weeks.

Here's what I've asked BMW:
IMHO, this is clearly not my problem that BMW FS did not follow-up with the CA DMV, so I've asked BMW to credit my payments ($420/month) while this is getting resolved. Also, to keep the person assuming the least interested, I've asked them to waive the $500+tax transfer fee.

BMW's Response:
I guess I had lofty assumptions about BMW's customer service given its premium brand name, but after talking to 5 different BMW FS reps and managers for many hours over 4 days, my ONLY offer was $100 off the transfer fee... Apparently, BMW is doing all of us a huge favor for allowing us to transfer leases, and during the process, no matter what mistakes BMW makes (even if it takes another year), it's my responsibility to keep making payments because now the lease is completely non-transferable (CA law requires previous title before lease can be transferred)

Anyway, sorry for all the venting, but I wanted to check to see if anyone had encountered a similar situation or had any suggestions...

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker28 View Post
Hi everyone, would love to get some advice about how to deal with BMW Financial Services.

Here's what happened:
I leased a '12 328i Coupe in May 2012. The dealer assured me I can transfer the lease if I need to (was applying to grad school locally and on the East Coast). Of course, I get into the East Coast school, but not the local one, so I found someone to take over the lease. I thought everything was great, BUT when I start the lease assumption process, BMW tells me THEY HAVE NOT HAD THE CAR'S TITLE FOR 14 MONTHS because of the wonders of the CA DMV (apparently sent the title to Dublin, CA rather than Dublin, OH and somehow no one corrected that in 14 months...). Now, apparently, it will take at least another month before they can even BEGIN the lease assumption process (takes 2-3 weeks), but I'm moving away in 3 weeks.

Here's what I've asked BMW:
IMHO, this is clearly not my problem that BMW FS did not follow-up with the CA DMV, so I've asked BMW to credit my payments ($420/month) while this is getting resolved. Also, to keep the person assuming the least interested, I've asked them to waive the $500+tax transfer fee.

BMW's Response:
I guess I had lofty assumptions about BMW's customer service given its premium brand name, but after talking to 5 different BMW FS reps and managers for many hours over 4 days, my ONLY offer was $100 off the transfer fee... Apparently, BMW is doing all of us a huge favor for allowing us to transfer leases, and during the process, no matter what mistakes BMW makes (even if it takes another year), it's my responsibility to keep making payments because now the lease is completely non-transferable (CA law requires previous title before lease can be transferred)

Anyway, sorry for all the venting, but I wanted to check to see if anyone had encountered a similar situation or had any suggestions...

Thank you!!
Find a lawyer to write something to bmw of na with his letter head. They will cave very quickly. They know they are in the wrong and you could sue for damages because of their errors. On top of that, bmw knows they will pay your attorney fees because you will win. Your the consumer and they are the big biz, it'll never go to court because it would tarnish the bmw name to be named as a defendant in a court case (watch dog groups would eat it up).
Appreciate 0