ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Jax543210
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

Z4 Clock Display on Radio won't stick

I posted this issue on another Z4 forum, but nobody there knew what to do, maybe someone on this forum does?

How do I get the radio to display the clock permanently?

Here's what's happening:
I press the clock button on the radio. The time is displayed on the radio as long as the car stays on. There is even a little clock symbol on the radio indicating I have that option selected.

According to the radio manual: press the far left clock button on the radio. It toggles clock display on and off. Radio Stations will show for a few seconds then change to clock.

Unfortunately, the car doesn't retain this setting. The next time I drive the car, it has forgotten the "display clock/time on radio" setting. I have to hit the clock button on the radio every time I drive the car to activate this setting.

All other radio settings (bass, trebble, stations in memory, DSP) stay "remembered" except for the clock display setting and "random on" setting (for CDs).

I could display the clock in the instrument cluster, but I prefer to use that for outside temperature.

Anyone know of a way to make the "display time on radio" permanent?

All I've been able to confirm is that this setting is (can be) set to "permanent on" for many other Z4's.

The Local BMW Dealership has been unable to resolve.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

On my radio(business premium) my clock does "stick", but there isn't anything special. Just press the clock button as you did. I am guessing there is an issue with your radio. The RDM setting does not stick in my experience. I use the OEM iPod hook up and use random all the time. Every time I restart the car I have to press the random button again.
Appreciate 0