E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Stock Shocks with Sport Springs???

09-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcamp08 View Post
I was wondering if there were any issues installing H&R Sport Springs on stock shocks. I'm scheduled to do this on Friday...can anyone provide some quick feedback?
read my review on this setup here.
      02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #24
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

Most of you guys are running stock shocks? Is that OEM sport suspension or completely non-sport suspension?

I'm on OEM sport suspension right now and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should lowering springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
lorpatho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

With just any aftermarket lowering springs it will cause some bumpy ride. If you don't mind the bumpy and harsh ride here and there then go with H&R. Eibach is bit better and closer to stock comfort. And of course if you hv the cash, can go with COs or spring/shock combo
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

Honestly I want a close to stock sport suspension ride and comfort. I had full on coilovers on my previous car and those did not feel comfy nor did my friends coilovers.
I've never been in a car with coilovers that was comfortable actually so that's why I though I'll look into springs but it seems like that route is the same also.

I don't mind spending the cash on KW1 or the what Sonic tuner is offering but I don't want to be disappointed with a harsh and rough ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
lorpatho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
Honestly I want a close to stock sport suspension ride and comfort. I had full on coilovers on my previous car and those did not feel comfy nor did my friends coilovers.
I've never been in a car with coilovers that was comfortable actually so that's why I though I'll look into springs but it seems like that route is the same also.

I don't mind spending the cash on KW1 or the what Sonic tuner is offering but I don't want to be disappointed with a harsh and rough ride.

Suspension is so hard to get it right and your desire, just like with getting wheels. My other car and prior vehicles I tried many COs and suspension combos to my liking and took a while to settle down on one. I believe KW is not adj or fully IIRC. I would try Eibach & Koni FSDs. I heard it stiffs up a bit but still maintain a good comfortable stock ride setting, nothing extreme or harsh.

Best is to see if anyone local got a suspension you like can give you a ride for a show and tell. I know is hard but worth a shot. Looks like you are in T.O so should be fine! The scene is good there and I got fam over there and visit often.
      02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #28
killerbee1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Dinan RS3

Bad idea to cut down your bump stops, they are a very important component of the suspension system, and are used at almost every bump you hit in the road. Eliminating or cutting them down will effect your ride tremendously!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
cpcamp08
Camptown Ladies
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So I've been driving on the modified suspension setup for about 8 months now and the biggest problem that I've noticed is keeping the car in alignment. My rear passenger side tire wore out very quickly on the inside edge. Luckily I hit a pothole in San Francisco which popped the tire and I filed a claim to recover more than the cost to replace it.

So if you decided to go with the H&R Sport Springs on stock shocks just get your alignment checked annually (which you should already be doing) and pay attention to the wear bar on your tires.
Appreciate 0