F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5
Studio RSR

12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V10 All Black

Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completley when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gnna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said thatthey wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didn help me for shit all they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
F*** YOU

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and ScumW of manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the $hit out of me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

BMW are a bunch of scumbags - this will be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

Jeff L. Cicero was my advisor.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal" F*** you Michael.

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a Scum as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield whiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did JiWhore and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

this is a thread i started when the problem first happend, and u can see the whole story there
http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=88341
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

wat a bunch of scum bags! sorry man
      12-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
wat a bunch of scum bags! sorry man
I hate that most of the BMW dealerships treat their customers like shit.... Thankfully I finally found one that has helped me.
      12-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completley when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gnna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said thatthey wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didn help me for shit all they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
F*** YOU

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and ScumW of manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the $hit out of me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

BMW are a bunch of scumbags - this will be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

Jeff L. Cicero was my advisor.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal" F*** you Michael.

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a Scum as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield whiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did JiWhore and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

this is a thread i started when the problem first happend, and u can see the whole story there
http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=88341

if u had any recent experiences with them please comment
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

Keep calling BMW NA and get them to fix it if you're under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Damn, sorry to hear that.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

So eloquently put....

Man, did they F you in the A.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

called them to many times and they would not help me for SHHHH!T
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

That's complete BULL SHIT. Might have to take it to another dealer then. If BMW Manhattan did not state clearly when you brought it in that you will have to pay diagnostic fees then I don't think you have to pay.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Sorry to hear that.

Still, posts like this tend to mean more when they don't have phrases like "ScumW Manhattan".

I glazed through your other post, but how did they scam you other than refusing to cover the clutch?
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

how the hell do u abuse an SMG clutch....the computer controls it, wtf...its the cars fault
      12-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I dont get it either. How can you burn a clutch with SMG?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

My condolences.

If you had asked around before you bought it, most would have told you to avoid 2006's at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5poe View Post
called them to many times and they would not help me for SHHHH!T
You have to calmly escalate. Hard I know when you are being screwed! A lot of times the front line people can't, and won't, do much to help. You need to escalate within BMWNA until you speak to someone intelligent, in a position of power, who is willing to help. I had a similar experience with Subaru on a much more minor issue. Just get on the phone and tell them you want to speak to a manager because you are not satisfied. If that manager won't help, ask them what the next escalation path is. Just be relentless, but calm and firm and I think BMW will be able to resolve the issue.

The other option is to lawyer up, but I would certainly try to get BMW to help first.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
bmwbossdon
Rep
Drives: M3

And you see why Im switching to a Benz or a Jag now.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

From what I heard in the past, BMW of Manhattan is actually a dealership owned by BMW NA. I'm not 100% sure this is correct but I remember hearing this a few times in the past. And I usually hear also that they are hard to deal with cause they are BMW NA owned.

Good luck with your situation. I'm hoping BMW NA does the right thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
I'd take it to a lawyer based on this
      12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #18
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Damn I always go there but I think Im gonna stay away. BTW, I have heard there is one dealership on Long Island, for got what its called, but they are a dinan certified dealership and r mod friendly. Mayb we should consider it. I knew manhattan was a scum dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Don't stress it. BMW Beverly Hills crashed my friends new M6. 3K+ front bumper fix.
Under 1K milage. (Went in for the first 1K oil change)
-After they crashed it, they still gave him attitude.
... $hit happens.

(BVH BMW paid for it after a letter to BMW NA)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I would get a lawyer involved. I'm sure you could get that money back.
      12-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #21
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
You have to calmly escalate. Hard I know when you are being screwed! A lot of times the front line people can't, and won't, do much to help. You need to escalate within BMWNA until you speak to someone intelligent, in a position of power, who is willing to help. I had a similar experience with Subaru on a much more minor issue. Just get on the phone and tell them you want to speak to a manager because you are not satisfied. If that manager won't help, ask them what the next escalation path is. Just be relentless, but calm and firm and I think BMW will be able to resolve the issue.

The other option is to lawyer up, but I would certainly try to get BMW to help first.

Good luck!
i spoke to 3 managers, and the foreman no one did crap, i spoke to one case advisor, and the "head Case manager" of NA. and they were both helpless
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Here's A Way to Cook an SMG Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Squirrel View Post
how the hell do u abuse an SMG clutch....the computer controls it, wtf...its the cars fault
Drive it like an automatic in stop and go traffic by partially engaging the clutch for a long period of time by holding a constant light throttle and left foot braking to stop and creep forward or holding a stopped car from rolling back on an up slope using only the throttle.

I'm not saying this is what the OP did. My comments are just based on my experience with how SMG works and how easy it would be to abuse the clutch if you forgot (or didn't understand) that there's actually a regular clutch that is being modulated with the throttle pedal that's going too get hot if you slip it for a while.