E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > EVO driver new to site from MD

05-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #45
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmas1587 View Post
There are not a lot of cars out there that I hate - I hate Mustangs though. I've driven them, sat in the non-existent back seat and worked on them. Never been happy to do any of it.
LOL, as far as the owners are concerned, we consider the Mustang to be a 2 seater car. I've had two Mustangs for about 5 years total and I let someone sit in the back seat maybe 10 times between both cars. That's why they make rear seat deletes.

Working on a mustang is cake. Hardly any computer BS to work with, mostly everything is mechanical. That's the one thing I liked about the car, it was pretty easy to diagnose a problem and fix it. My last Cobra had the engine pulled twice and it was surprisingly easy.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #46
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwarfield View Post
sounds about right. every evo owner I know with the exception of a few think their car is better than the rest and have what i call an 'evo ego' haha. hence why I wanna get out of the whole evo scene period. the cars are great, but most owners need a reality check.
Sounds like a few guys here. Out of the frying pan, into the fire

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #47
jeffmas1587
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

The reason I don't like them stems from one bad experience working on them. My roommate thought he could neglect the car for 2 years, never changing the oil or doing anything to it. Then wanted me to fix it for him - for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
LOL, as far as the owners are concerned, we consider the Mustang to be a 2 seater car. I've had two Mustangs for about 5 years total and I let someone sit in the back seat maybe 10 times between both cars. That's why they make rear seat deletes.

Working on a mustang is cake. Hardly any computer BS to work with, mostly everything is mechanical. That's the one thing I liked about the car, it was pretty easy to diagnose a problem and fix it. My last Cobra had the engine pulled twice and it was surprisingly easy.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #48
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
I have intercooler,pipes,cams,full exhaust, intake and tune that will get me to 420.... but DAMN the beamer looks AMAZING... i figured this wont be the best place to ask if i should get a 335i cause everyone would say yes... and if i go on EvolutionM everyone will tell me a dumb ass and trader! hahahah but what would you say is the BIGGEST issue? im turning 21 so im not rich or anything and i heard things for these arent cheap... but if i get one it WILL be Certafied Pre-owned and it should come with the 100K warranty so i should be covered...Right? lol
You wish
      05-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #49
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmas1587 View Post
The reason I don't like them stems from one bad experience working on them. My roommate thought he could neglect the car for 2 years, never changing the oil or doing anything to it. Then wanted me to fix it for him - for free.
I feel your pain. I bought a '98 Cobra with a completely built longblock that blew up 4 months/7k miles after I got it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #50
Triumvir3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 3 Estoril B

I was a previous evo rs owner. Evo hands down handling wise is a beast plain and simple.
      05-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #51
MKR_DmD
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 Jeep Cherokee

Evo's are great cars and are easy to get good power out of, but by no mean is it the best car. You can only do so much with 4 cylinders. I know I owned a Vette with my Evo on the dyno and he had about $4k in mods compated to my $1k in mods. Then again I raced a Cobra and he mopped the floor with me. For what it is a Evo is a great car but it was only built for performance and handling. 335i is luxury and power.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #52
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Welcome to the forum - it is good when someone with your knowledge of cars joins. You realize that the E92 335i is much more puffy car than the EVO. The 335i is available with wood inlays, and that is how most people buy it. I just hope that the well known HPFP experience will not make your EVO unforgettable.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #53
Edison.528
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution

Yea i must say it all depends on Tuner and what is done to the car. EVOs are ALOT better then most people think for example. the parts on my car pushes 336WHP with an AMS tune. but a friend of mines with less things than me got his done at Buschur and after 3rd gear its like im standing still... its SAD but its not rare to see a FULL weight EVO on pump gas ONLY run 9 or 10 seconds... NOT RARE but then again i don't look down on any other car as much as i know what my EVO is capable of i also know what the ugly civics and shitty looking mustangs can do also. ive seen a STOCK looking GT or even a BMW or 350z look stock but once they let on it ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE! they fly! but like i said i will miss this car probably will kick my self in the ass when i sell it but in life its all about moving forward and never back... thus concluding why im going for BMW MUCH respect for BMW owners... i know it must not be easy owning a car that oil changes or parts cost an arm and a leg... but then again they are overall reliable for what ive heard... i know my 2003 EVO at 63k i might have to replace the WHOLE damn engine in about 2 years, hahah but man GREAT feed back you guys should consider your self's responsible for converting an EVO owner to a BMW driver! THANSK!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #54
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
Yea i must say it all depends on Tuner and what is done to the car. EVOs are ALOT better then most people think for example. the parts on my car pushes 336WHP with an AMS tune. but a friend of mines with less things than me got his done at Buschur and after 3rd gear its like im standing still... its SAD but its not rare to see a FULL weight EVO on pump gas ONLY run 9 or 10 seconds... NOT RARE but then again i don't look down on any other car as much as i know what my EVO is capable of i also know what the ugly civics and shitty looking mustangs can do also. ive seen a STOCK looking GT or even a BMW or 350z look stock but once they let on it ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE! they fly! but like i said i will miss this car probably will kick my self in the ass when i sell it but in life its all about moving forward and never back... thus concluding why im going for BMW MUCH respect for BMW owners... i know it must not be easy owning a car that oil changes or parts cost an arm and a leg... but then again they are overall reliable for what ive heard... i know my 2003 EVO at 63k i might have to replace the WHOLE damn engine in about 2 years, hahah but man GREAT feed back you guys should consider your self's responsible for converting an EVO owner to a BMW driver! THANSK!
No problem sir

You're welcoem.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #55
GoKimiGo!
Private
Rep
Drives: Safety Car

As a Evo to 3-Series convert myself I can see why you'd be looking to make the jump.

I can tell you straight away that there are a lot of not so obvious misconceptions in both camps about one another. Mostly from people who have not sampled both and or from people who just have no clue what they are talking about. You will come to find out what those are in due time.

Another consideration to take into account is that everyone has a different perception of everything. For example... what may be comfortable to you may not be to someone else. There are lots of subjective variables when it comes to cars.

Good luck with your search for a new ride and I hope it all works out for the best.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #56
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I am another Evo to 335 convert. There seem to be a lot of us. Some miss the Evo, and some of those wish they could go back. I am not willing to let go of the 335 for another Evo, FWIW, but I would like to have an Evo in addition to the 335. That would be a really nice combination, IMO.
      05-20-2010, 05:42 AM   #57
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

I want an EVO for a project car. My friend had one that was running 11.3 in the quarter mile on STOCK turbos, street tires and full interior (basically how he drives it everyday). That thing was a MONSTER.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #58
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 & Evo VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
You wish
420 is easily attainable with E85. On a stock viii block and ix turbo, I dyno'd at 421hp 454tq with ETS FMIC, HKS 272/272 cams, PTE1000cc injectors, hardpipes, LICP, turbo back exhaust, intake, bov, exhaust manifold, and walbro

here's my dyno graphs.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...o-evo-e85.html
      05-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #59
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
420 is easily attainable with E85. On a stock viii block and ix turbo, I dyno'd at 421hp 454tq with ETS FMIC, HKS 272/272 cams, PTE1000cc injectors, hardpipes, LICP, turbo back exhaust, intake, bov, exhaust manifold, and walbro

here's my dyno graphs.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...o-evo-e85.html
I do know that.
Judging from his mod list, he's still on pump gas and stoock 8 turbo wit 9.8 hotside. he's lucky if he gets 350whp out of that set up.
I love it when evo drivers go to some high reading dyno and go like "hey, I made same power as you with less mod." In fact,on the track these supposely "same power level" cars have huge trap differences.
      05-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #60
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
I do know that.
Judging from his mod list, he's still on pump gas and stoock 8 turbo wit 9.8 hotside. he's lucky if he gets 350whp out of that set up.
I love it when evo drivers go to some high reading dyno and go like "hey, I made same power as you with less mod." In fact,on the track these supposely "same power level" cars have huge trap differences.
true. people always are like WTF on my dyno #s because of the HUGE correction factor. what they forget to realize is Albuquerque is a little more than a mile high city. either way I'm going to miss the power of an evo when I sell it next week, but am looking forward to getting a 335i
      05-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #61
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
true. people always are like WTF on my dyno #s because of the HUGE correction factor. what they forget to realize is Albuquerque is a little more than a mile high city. either way I'm going to miss the power of an evo when I sell it next week, but am looking forward to getting a 335i
Good luck with it, bro. You're gonna love it

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #62
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looks like we have a few ETS Evo guys in here I just picked up an 07 335i e90 my self. I can't complain, we also plan to have a complete line up just like the evo

Stay Tuned!

Michael
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #63
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
Looks like we have a few ETS Evo guys in here I just picked up an 07 335i e90 my self. I can't complain, we also plan to have a complete line up just like the evo

Stay Tuned!

Michael
can't wait to see what you guys have in store. ETS quality is top notch.
      05-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #64
jeffmas1587
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Kick ass ETS is getting into the game!!!! I ran some of your parts on my Evo before I traded it in. Looks like you picked up the same car I've got now. I think you should look into a 3 inch TBE, no one makes one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post

Stay Tuned!

Michael
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #65
Edison.528
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution

I have EVO 9 turbo and with HKS 272 cams intercooler,pipes intake, and full exhaust with Tial BOV and fuel bump on 93 i can make EASY 400WHP belive it or not.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE TUNNER. my car got tunned in AMS here in Maryland it made 336WHP someone with same mods at Buschur Racing made but with no Cat delete made 352WHP (and this is on mustang dyno that reads lower than DynoJet) once again it all depends on the tunner. since im not 21 yet (will turn on 5/28) i will go to the BMW dealership to test drive one on my own the first week in June. Will let you guys know how i feel about it, likes, and dislikes.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #66
EVO_S4
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW  [8.24]
As a previous Evo 8,9, 10 owners you owe it to yourself to drive the X before making decision, I would still be driving my X if it would for the mysterious engine knocking I was getting.