F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?
Studio RSR

02-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #1453
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Angerman, with my CCA discount I got all 6 injectors for $1000 through my dealer. It was the best deal i could find.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #1454
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

valentines day eve! I hate valentines day

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #1455
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Shit...gotta get flowers and shit...

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #1456
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Angerman, with my CCA discount I got all 6 injectors for $1000 through my dealer. It was the best deal i could find.
That's still pricey as FAWK! When I had the S2000 it was like $400 for some ID 725cc injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Shit...gotta get flowers and shit...
Damn that reminds me....

Got car back, driving better than it was at least....now I'm thinking about lunch. Might get some Jersey Mikes subs
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #1457
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
That's still pricey as FAWK! When I had the S2000 it was like $400 for some ID 725cc injectors.
That prices them st $100/injector. Fir the 135 it worked out to 165/injector.

Thats the price for DI I guess

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #1458
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

The Wal-Mart where I'm located has a $5 bouquet. That's what my lady is getting.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #1459
BklynTico506
Pura Vida
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blau '08 E90 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
The Wal-Mart where I'm located has a $5 bouquet. That's what my lady is getting.
Wish I was that lucky. My girl has been bugging me for a Marc Jacobs watch for months now. Seems I'm going to have to give in...
I could be buying a mod for my car with that $$$ !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #1460
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
heh, we have to be that way. sorrrry but not really since you people charge us so much for shit that should be 50% cheaper.
The majority to deals that we do with the public sector the pricing is not done by us. In this case the all mighty Crisco (I have a strong hate for Cisco) told us what the cost to the end user was going to be, they are just fucking around with things.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #1461
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
I have heard from two different places about not being able to replace 1 injector (BMW has to do it). So I called this performance shop (AT Speed Motorsports; Hanover, MD). They diagnosed the car and got it running and seems to be running "fine" again. Other shops in my close area were saying that the car has specific injector types for each cylinder, and they can't replace just one. This place replaced it and the car is running again. They specialize in "BMW/Porsche." This engine is confusing the hell out of me.
It has a lot more to do with the revised part numbers of the injectors and them not being able to work with the "old" version on the N54. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802034 is where I am getting much of this from, though I have also heard it from my parts guy and my SA.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #1462
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynTico506 View Post
Wish I was that lucky. My girl has been bugging me for a Marc Jacobs watch for months now. Seems I'm going to have to give in...
I could be buying a mod for my car with that $$$ !!!
Lol! Yeah, I've already spent a good chunk of change on her. She is spoiled rotten. I got her a Michael Kors watch she has been wanting for a while and I have a nice dinner date planed out. I feel the same way though. I sure would like to get LCI tail lights...instead I bought a watch for my lady. That's why she is going to be getting $5 flowers!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #1463
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

400+ dollar dinner last week= Fuck Vday

I'm gettin antsy for these downpipes to get here hurry up UPS!!

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #1464
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
It has a lot more to do with the revised part numbers of the injectors and them not being able to work with the "old" version on the N54. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802034 is where I am getting much of this from, though I have also heard it from my parts guy and my SA.
Yea I don't know, I imagine they used a new revised injector...I don't think they have the older injectors laying around their shop; car is running fine...

The guy at the shop was also telling me his friend has a 335i and he replaced the HPFP 3 times; he took it to BMW and they kept replacing his fuel pump with the old fuel pump they had on the shelves and not the newly revised one, so it kept going out every 3 months LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
400+ dollar dinner last week= Fuck Vday

I'm gettin antsy for these downpipes to get here hurry up UPS!!
Yea seriously....I'd rather throw my wallet at the car then at a dinner bill lol

What DPs did you end up getting again?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1465
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Yea I don't know, I imagine they used a new revised injector...I don't think they have the older injectors laying around their shop; car is running fine...

The guy at the shop was also telling me his friend has a 335i and he replaced the HPFP 3 times; he took it to BMW and they kept replacing his fuel pump with the old fuel pump they had on the shelves and not the newly revised one, so it kept going out every 3 months LOL
There are still the older ones around, my dealer has something like 40 of them on hand, so I bought a few, just in case. Maybe that's the case with what you got?

Between the 2 N54 powered vehicles that I have, I have gone through 9. Same basic experience that you were told about. That's the reason I got my 'HPFP LOL' license plate for the 335
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #1466
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yea seriously....I'd rather throw my wallet at the car then at a dinner bill lol

What DPs did you end up getting again?
Macht Schnell I talked to another FBO vert who installed his, and the process is identical to the coupe..thank god I was worried it would require dropping the subframe. Once this is in I think? I'll be one of two FBO E88s on the forum. Dunno maybe there are others lol.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #1467
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are still the older ones around, my dealer has something like 40 of them on hand, so I bought a few, just in case. Maybe that's the case with what you got?

Between the 2 N54 powered vehicles that I have, I have gone through 9. Same basic experience that you were told about. That's the reason I got my 'HPFP LOL' license plate for the 335
Is your car stock? I don't know what I would do if I went through 9 injectors within 3 years of owning this car. So far I'm a year into it and this was the first issue I have had...

Quote:
Macht Schnell I talked to another FBO vert who installed his, and the process is identical to the coupe..thank god I was worried it would require dropping the subframe. Once this is in I think? I'll be one of two FBO E88s on the forum. Dunno maybe there are others lol.
Just wait till I install my DPs, be another FBO in the area

There's a blacked out 335i that lives near me...haven't been able to talk to him. Usually see him when I'm not driving my car - go figure...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1468
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is your car stock? I don't know what I would do if I went through 9 injectors within 3 years of owning this car. So far I'm a year into it and this was the first issue I have had...

There's a blacked out 335i that lives near me...haven't been able to talk to him. Usually see him when I'm not driving my car - go figure...
I don't go looking for other cars to do pulls with, and 95% of my driving is within 10 miles of my house, but I NEVER see modded BMWs around these parts…There are a billion E9x, E60s, F10s, etc etc etc in my neighborhood, but none that are clearly owned by enthusiasts. I saw a black E82 with a berk race exhaust in Arlington about a month ago, but outside of that I never find other BMWs to play with....On the highway there are endless G35s and 350s that are just begging to get walked, but that's another story.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #1469
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The majority to deals that we do with the public sector the pricing is not done by us. In this case the all mighty Crisco (I have a strong hate for Cisco) told us what the cost to the end user was going to be, they are just fucking around with things.
we like to screw things up!

not really by choice though, since we are tax funded there is much more to it then just saying "okay buy it"
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #1470
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Those Vargas Stage 3's are looking good! maybe thats the answer to the high hp build i've been wanting?...hmmm...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #1471
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't go looking for other cars to do pulls with, and 95% of my driving is within 10 miles of my house, but I NEVER see modded BMWs around these parts…There are a billion E9x, E60s, F10s, etc etc etc in my neighborhood, but none that are clearly owned by enthusiasts. I saw a black E82 with a berk race exhaust in Arlington about a month ago, but outside of that I never find other BMWs to play with....On the highway there are endless G35s and 350s that are just begging to get walked, but that's another story.
There is a 1er that lives in the neighborhood near my neighborhood, silver. But an older guy (30's), and I have seen another white one around but some lady drives it. There are ENDLESS 335i sedans being driven by moms around me. Have never seen a 135i that had work done to it yet around here. And yea, tons of G35s with exhausts and blacked out windows....they always give me a good laugh
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #1472
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:

I only ever had injectors replaced under the recall, FBO, have been for almost a year now. I have gone through 9 HPFPs where they would just put the old part number in over and over until the most recent recall came through, since then, I haven't really had many issues with the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
we like to screw things up!

not really by choice though, since we are tax funded there is much more to it then just saying "okay buy it"
Oh I know, I just like to give you guys shit for it. There is almost always more than "just buy it" but it always seems as though we go through more hoops when we deal with the public side of things. The reps from Crisco haven't helped the situation in the least either and I have actually sat across the table from them and asked how the hell they are sales people.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #1473
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Have a feeling today is gonna be a lot of girly touchy feely music and "me me me" time
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #1474
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Damn it, I think I'm getting sick
Appreciate 0