R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: Which one?
Extended Leather 168 41.18%
Full Leather 212 51.96%
Cloth/leather standard interior 28 6.86%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

06-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #111
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I spent some time in an M4 tonight with full leather (..this person will reveal themselves soon enough). I was once a Full Leather non-believer, or rather.....from the camp that felt like it wasn't worth the extra money. After tonight however, I am dead set on Full Leather. Looking around the car, it really isn't just the dash, glove box and upper portions of the driver/passenger doors. The leather extends all the way back in the coupe. There is leather/contrast stitching along the sides near the rear windows; the entire panel is covered in leather. It is actually really, really beautiful up close & personal, and it makes for a very nice environment for the driver or passenger. I was pleasantly surprised, and I'm glad that I was able to spend some time in a car with the full treatment.
Thanks, very good to know. Have you ordered your car yet?
      06-15-2014, 02:25 AM   #112
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Thanks, very good to know. Have you ordered your car yet?
My connect is ordering my car on Monday. I've been back & forth regarding body style, but my options are consistent. He told me to think about it over the weekend, and whatever I decide will be put in play next week. The past 48 hours have seen me go from an F82 hater/F80 lover (..and I'm normally a coupe guy) to an F82 lover in Yas Marina Blue. It's the only color that makes the coupe beautiful to me aside from Austin Yellow, but I won't do AY because I had a PY E46. Odd I know. I was even against Silverstone interior up until this point because I favored the outgoing Palladium Silver that I had in 2 of the 3 E9X M3's that I owned previously. Now, the YMB/SSII combo optioned on the coupe body with silver 19's is completely sexy to me. It's really just odd, but I suppose that you warm up to things after you look at them awhile. He told me that he will discount either car for me, so I know that I'll be well taken care of regarding the price. I will admit that I walk outside and look at my modded 335i sedan, and it makes me consider the F80 allllllllll over again. It's really a fucked up process.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:46 AM   #113
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

If you don't need the back seats, get the coupe.

06-15-2014, 02:48 AM   #114
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

I definitely think I've settled on it. At least one thing is certain, I'm passing on those damn LED headlights. I must maintain my position on something.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:52 AM   #115
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

If you must maintain some position, maintain your driving position is the most important

Now go order your car already!
      06-15-2014, 03:14 AM   #116
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

For the price, not a chance.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #117
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod View Post
Anthracite & Black Cloth/Leather

Cloth seats look really good here. I would consider them if:
- the doors weren't also finished with cloth
- and you were able tick Exec Pack with them

Above all other options I have to have heads up display in this car otherwise it's a no-go for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #118
phear_me
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Above all other options I have to have heads up display in this car otherwise it's a no-go for me.
I eliminated most cars because they did not have a HUD. Once you have one, you'll never go back. Absolutely critical feature as far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:56 AM   #119
phear_me
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I spent some time in an M4 tonight with full leather (..this person will reveal themselves soon enough). I was once a Full Leather non-believer, or rather.....from the camp that felt like it wasn't worth the extra money. After tonight however, I am dead set on Full Leather. Looking around the car, it really isn't just the dash, glove box and upper portions of the driver/passenger doors. The leather extends all the way back in the coupe (..which I didn't realize before). There is leather/contrast stitching along the sides near the rear windows; the entire panel is covered in leather. I previously thought it was only the portions around the speaker/rear armrest. It is actually really, really beautiful up close & personal, and it makes for a very nice environment for the driver or passenger. I was pleasantly surprised, and I'm glad that I was able to spend some time in a car with the full treatment.

...and as luck, fate or God's cruel humor would have it, I'm almost certain that I'm going to get a coupe now.....to the tune of $76k the way I have it optioned (..but I'm still considering ditching the Harmon Kardon).
Went back and edited my earlier post. Having spent time inside the car - full leather is worth the money. I was fully a non-believer initially as well, but it's very well done and my M4 order now has the full leather option.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #120
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:

I was there, saw these two in the flesh. The M4 is very nice and I was set on it before I saw them . After seeing them though the M3's charisma was undeniable to me. I have no problem admitting that it could have been a body and wheel color issue but right there during the two hours I spent there I had zero doubts, the M3 dominated the M4 by a margin. Again if the color scheme was reversed my feelings might have been reversed as well. However, as displayed the M4 to me looked slightly plain and blood less, quite unassuming but still pretty while the M3 looked butch, full blooded and beautiful.

Seeing them also made me decide on full leather, something I thought I'd never get in any car ever.

Last edited by solstice; 06-15-2014 at 04:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #121
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I was there, saw these two in the flesh. The M4 is very nice and I was set on it before I saw them . After seeing them though the M3's charisma was undeniable to me. I have no problem admitting that it could have been a body and wheel color issue but right there during the two hours I spent there I had zero doubts, the M3 dominated the M4 by a margin. Again if the color scheme was reversed my feelings might have been reversed as well. However, as displayed the M4 to me looked slightly plain and blood less, quite unassuming but still pretty while the M3 looked butch, full blooded and beautiful.

Seeing them also made me decide on full leather, something I thought I'd never get in any car ever.
It's interesting... I had the opposite opinion. I think the M3 looks very aggressive but the coupe is lower, more rake and in motion looks amazing. I saw a coupe pull away from the dealership and all I could think of was how amazing the stance was and how it looked like a sports car. The only thing I don't like about the M3 is that the car is very narrow above the fender flares... hence why the fender flares look so pronounced. The M4 is just as wide but the whole car is wide... or that was the impression I have. Both cars are beautiful and the decision solely based on personal preference. I would be very happy to own either.

In any event, I agree with many... full leather is amazing. M3/M4 and color is REALLY tough as they are all great and so subject to personal taste and preference.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3

Last edited by gthal; 06-15-2014 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #122
RobbyMack
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 Sakhir

Extended for me, can't see the reason why I would care if the dash, glove box, upper sections of the doors are covered in leather. Heck the car will spend 10 hours a day outside at the office. I'm sure it will start to fade over time and that will simply piss me off.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #123
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyMack View Post
Extended for me, can't see the reason why I would care if the dash, glove box, upper sections of the doors are covered in leather. Heck the car will spend 10 hours a day outside at the office. I'm sure it will start to fade over time and that will simply piss me off.
That's the beauty of choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #124
SRB
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i

wasn't impressed by full leather

I had a chance to sit in the new M4 yesterday with full black leather.

My first impression was, yeah it is ok, but nothing outstanding.

Then I went to sit in the 335 Msport with basic dash. It seemed so horrible compared to the full leather.

Next I sat in a 5 series Msport, dash looked better than the 3 series, but thought the M4 looked better inside due to the full leather.

Finally my conclusion was the full leather in the M4 is one of the most important options - I just didn't appreciate it until I put it in context.

I am one of those not in love with carbon fibre, but I have to admit the carbon fibre trim on the M4 was nice.

Moral of the story: get the full leather - I can think of so many things I would give up before the full leather (eg. LED lights). You need to sit in a car will full leather and then one without (any 3/4 series should do) to appreciate it is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:35 AM   #125
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB View Post
I had a chance to sit in the new M4 yesterday with full black leather.

My first impression was, yeah it is ok, but nothing outstanding.

Then I went to sit in the 335 Msport with basic dash. It seemed so horrible compared to the full leather.

Next I sat in a 5 series Msport, dash looked better than the 3 series, but thought the M4 looked better inside due to the full leather.

Finally my conclusion was the full leather in the M4 is one of the most important options - I just didn't appreciate it until I put it in context.

I am one of those not in love with carbon fibre, but I have to admit the carbon fibre trim on the M4 was nice.

Moral of the story: get the full leather - I can think of so many things I would give up before the full leather (eg. LED lights). You need to sit in a car will full leather and then one without (any 3/4 series should do) to appreciate it is worth it.
I agree that it's a must in this car. My 335i doesn't have FL obviously, and every time I get into it now - and pay attention to all of the areas that aren't covered in my car, but would be in an FL car - it makes the need for FL that much more apparent.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #126
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

get the full leather! ordered extended last friday was told i could change til my production of july 14 week, well its already in production somehow without the full and when i seen one today without it i was sad. i know it sounds stupid I'm still bummed about it to the point i seriously dont know if i want it. they knew it when they told me too, he even asked me if i still wanted it. i told him id sleep on it. someone else said perfect it in a review……the dash screams at you you should of gotten the leather!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #127
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Full leather does look pretty awesome, but for my color combo, im not exactly a fan. Also, my e92 dash was "fine" so this will be fine and Ill spend the money in mods instead
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #128
SRB
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie1 View Post
get the full leather! ordered extended last friday was told i could change til my production of july 14 week, well its already in production somehow without the full and when i seen one today without it i was sad. i know it sounds stupid I'm still bummed about it to the point i seriously dont know if i want it. they knew it when they told me too, he even asked me if i still wanted it. i told him id sleep on it. someone else said perfect it in a review……the dash screams at you you should of gotten the leather!
Did they actually call? In the system it may not be possible to change, but a call might work. If it is really 'in production' then maybe not, but maybe it is only 'locked' in the system.

I remember 6 years ago when I ordered my e92 it was locked in the system, but they made a call and were able to get a last second change to one of the specs.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:22 AM   #129
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Full leather does look pretty awesome, but for my color combo, im not exactly a fan. Also, my e92 dash was "fine" so this will be fine and Ill spend the money in mods instead
The E92 dash didn't have the reptile skin soft material that the F3X/F8X has. I liked my non-leather dash in the E9X M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #130
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
The E92 dash didn't have the reptile skin soft material that the F3X/F8X has. I liked my non-leather dash in the E9X M3.
Understood, but my point is that I don't care much either way. It certainly doesn't look bad.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #131
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB View Post
Did they actually call? In the system it may not be possible to change, but a call might work. If it is really 'in production' then maybe not, but maybe it is only 'locked' in the system.

I remember 6 years ago when I ordered my e92 it was locked in the system, but they made a call and were able to get a last second change to one of the specs.
Thanks.def going have them do that monday.can't believe it went in so fast they printed me a paper said status 150 in production. Bad part is the sales guy was at the m school all week so I had zero chance to make adjustments and he knew i needed time to make a few and we were going to do it when he got back.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #132
JPizzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster S

Any thoughts on whether full leather is worth it if it's in black? Is the higher end cockpit feel still as evident in comparison to other colors?
Appreciate 0