F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BBW Apps
ARMA SPEED

09-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
grahammcm1888
Rep
Drives: 520 d m sport

BMW Apps

Hi all

I am new to this forum and have just purchased an F10. I have professional media included but I cannot get the BMW apps function to work with the console. I have downloaded the app to my iphone and used the apple sync cable to the usb connection. Does this come as standard or do you need to purchase the apps function separately (to enable facebook, twitter , video streaming etc) ? Is there any way of unlocking this function if it is not standard with prof-media??

Thanks in Advance .

Graham.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammcm1888 View Post
Hi all

I am new to this forum and have just purchased an F10. I have professional media included but I cannot get the BMW apps function to work with the console. I have downloaded the app to my iphone and used the apple sync cable to the usb connection. Does this come as standard or do you need to purchase the apps function separately (to enable facebook, twitter , video streaming etc) ? Is there any way of unlocking this function if it is not standard with prof-media??

Thanks in Advance .

Graham.
In the UK, even if you order professional navigation, you still have to specify apps as an optional extra. I don't know if you can retrofit this.

HTH
      09-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
grahammcm1888
Rep
Drives: 520 d m sport

Thanks ansbrae.

Yes i kinda thought that. I bought the car that was in the showroom so i could not specify what packs were included. I assumed that apps was included but it looks as if its not. I will give the dealer a call tomorrow to check if a retro fit is possible. I wasn't sure if a code could be used to enable apps to work or if there was additional hardware or wiring to be configured too ?!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
loraineB
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

I think it is. You can also consult your provider.
Appreciate 0