F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Seatbelt - Passenger side
Studio RSR

02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.2

Seatbelt - Passenger side

Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a 2004 Z4, (4 months now). Apart from my breakpad warning light on (I have had my pads checked out and they are fine), so the fault must be the sensor which I will be looking into soon.

Anyway back onto the thread you are all saying.

First of my passenger side seat used to beep like mad when I had my lunch box on the seat, which used to drive me nuts at first but I seem to have a little problem. After fitting a new passenger side air vent as my previous one used to creek ALL the time and P**s me right off. I dropped a small screwdriver by the passenger side seatbelt. I wasn't too pleased as I could foresee the future...rattling from where the screwdriver would e clipping the under carriage of the seat rails. But fear not, I had a plan

I decided to dig into by toolbox and found a vanadium chrome screwdriver with magnetic properties. After jigging the screwdriver down the side of the chair I managed to grip the small screwdriver and hooray removed.

The following day I thrown my lunch box on the chair and drove off to work...no beeping I have even increased the weight and re-jigged the chair but still no beeping. The driver’s side works fine?

Could it me I have screwed the sensor? Are these easy to replace? I know many may be thinking what's the problem no beeps, but I hate it when something should work and it doesn’t!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Talk to your service advisor.