F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2014 Super Bowl in NY!!
GetBMWParts

05-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #23
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
I head something saying it was gonna be in New Meadowlands? Is this the one that currently exists, or are they building a new stadium, and if so is it domed? Or am I totally mistaken here?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Because football teams work all year to have homefield advantage. They earn the right to have it in their stadium. Typically the Superbowl is a neutral site.

I will admit though, one thing you did say made me and a few guys in the office laugh. "Snow will only add to NYC's charm"...I thought the stadium was in New Jersey? It won't be just like any other Superbowl and you must pretty be naive to think so.

NY is a great place to visit and have a mini-vacation at. Not to live.
Stadium is within eye sight of NYC. There are trains which give total access to and from the stadium. Traffic on the roads from NYC to the stadium will most definitely be brutal.

If you think people are going to the superbowl to see jersey city, seacaucus or hoboken, you are sorely mistaken. Believe it or not, NYC is still packed in the winter time with tourists. I am not being naive in thinking it will be like any other super bowl. It will have all the same parties and everyone will be very comfortable indoors. They got away with it in Detroit, and that place is a dump. (no offense to those living in detroit, there just is no comparison between NYC and Detroit) The game will still be sold out and it will be the most watched event of the year. How will it not be like any other Superbowl?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

All I can say to anyone who complains about the weather at football game, you pussies....

This whole excuse about the teams playing their best under the best conditions is a pussy cop out, the best team can play under any condition, only the pussy teams need perfect conditions.

There have been more northern and non dome teams that went to the Surper bowl then the pussy southern fair weather dome teams. My personal belief this was some deal that NFL stuck to bring money to these areas from the north.

I think the team with the best record should get home town advantage and show get the lion share of the seats, The fan whole supported the team the entire year should get the privilege to see their team play over anyone else.

I am a Pittsburgh fan so it does not matter where we play since Pittsburgh has fans in every city and have filled the super bowls with more black and yellow then any other teams. but I person feel the game should not be only held in dome stadiums.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #26
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

I nearly stopped reading your post when it said Philadelphia...

But you're lucky i caught Pittsburgh towards the end..

You're by me... You're QB loves tackling drunk bitches..

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0A_E-u4exQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0A_E-u4exQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #27
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

I'm not complaining about being at a game with bad weather. My concern is the quality of play during the game. You watch a high octane offense all year make it to the SB, only for that offense to be negated by bad weather, and not by the other team's defense.

I don't care if the weather isn't perfect, I just don't want a high probability that the weather will suck ass and make the game unenjoyable because the game becomes sloppy and boring.

I actually prefer that the SB not be played in domes either. I like the games to be outdoors, but not in extremely bad conditions.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

So having it in Miami while raining means we should never have it in Miami again? I don't get this discussion. BOTH TEAMS ARE PLAYING ON THE SAME FIELD. It's not like one team is benefiting in anyway. Not like one sideline is warmer.

Wow... bunch of fair weather fans. (LITERALLY!)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #29
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
So having it in Miami while raining means we should never have it in Miami again? I don't get this discussion. BOTH TEAMS ARE PLAYING ON THE SAME FIELD. It's not like one team is benefiting in anyway. Not like one sideline is warmer.

Wow... bunch of fair weather fans. (LITERALLY!)
True, and that Miami game sucked ass. It was one of the most boring SBs I can remember. It made a good Colts offense look below average and a crappy Bears offense look even more horrible. It's true you can't predict the weather in any city. But why have it in a city where the weather has a high chance of being bad. My argument is for the enjoyment of the game. I know that both teams have to battle the same elements.

NYC has 4 years to plan for the game. If they come up with a good back up plan in case of bad weather, then this won't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I head something saying it was gonna be in New Meadowlands? Is this the one that currently exists, or are they building a new stadium, and if so is it domed? Or am I totally mistaken here?
I guess you don't really follow football much. There is a new stadium opening this year season right next to the old Giants Stadium. It will be the new home field for the Giants and Jets.

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #31
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
I guess you don't really follow football much. There is a new stadium opening this year season right next to the old Giants Stadium. It will be the new home field for the Giants and Jets.
Not during baseball season

Glad it will be outdoors though, who cares about the weather, that's the nature of game. Plenty of teams play in the regular season in inclement weather, why should the SB be any different if luck so has it? It's one and done, doesn't matter the time place or weather, truly good teams will find a way to win in any weather
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #32
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Have you ever been to a Superbowl? You act as though the only people going there are New Yorkers. This isn't the 1960's, people don't want to voluntarily sit in -10 degree weather. Also Superbowl's bring ALOT of money to whichever city is hosting, yet if there's shitty weather who's going to go outside? There's a reason it hasn't been held in crappy weather states and this is just a terrible idea, but I could care less, i'll just watch it on TV.
Why yes I have actually, Super Bowl XXI in Tampa to see my Giants take the Trophy. And chances are I'll be there in 2014 also. That game will be sold out years in advance by people all over the World, as small % of attendees will be native just like all the other SB's. And alot of Football fans enjoy the nasty weather at games. Its all part of the charm and allure for alot of us. You can bet your last dollar that even if its a blizzard and 2 degrees game time there wont be an empty seat in the house!

These are the kind of games that become Legend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Cha...hip_Game,_1967

Last edited by NYC6; 05-26-2010 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0