F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > vs. Audi RS7...driver...don't mess with them
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

01-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #23
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
Change the laws if you don't want to share the road. Otherwise you're just a whiner.
Cyclists ARE the Law!

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #24
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I'd love to change the laws if I had the time. until then, I'll keep reading tragic stories about bikers being killed by cars in downtown Chicago. and it truly is tragic, but I've witnessed just how reckless many of these bikers are and their disregard for the rules of the road (if they are going to share the road, they should indeed follow the laws of them) and the competency of the average driver.
And cyclists that disregard the rules should be condemned but this nasty "every cyclist should be punched" attitude by motorists is toxic.
Cyclists are very exposed so tone down the vitriol directed at them.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #25
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
And cyclists that disregard the rules should be condemned but this nasty "every cyclist should be punched" attitude by motorists is toxic.
Cyclists are very exposed so tone down the vitriol directed at them.
Yes you're exposed, but that was what I pointed out earlier, it's a personal choice. You face the same issues on a motorcycle but AT LEAST those folks have to FOLLOW THE LAW on the road. Cyclists just do whatever they want. I see it every day in FL.

You want exercise on a bike so badly? Get a mountain bike and do it for real, off-road. Don't clog up the streets for your 5 minute ride to work and then proceed to bitch at drivers for (slightly) encroaching on your (ludicrously large...it could have been another CAR lane) bike lane...because you might get punched in the face at the next light...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #26
IzzyGray
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

The ignorant comments here are surprising, well maybe not. I used to ride a lot, and I mean alot(10k miles a year). This was mainly on the road and some Fall/Winter mountain and cyclocross. And during the 5 years of cycling( collegiate), I've gotten into 5 accidents. All of which were the motorist's fault(failure to yield was the biggest reason). I always ride defensively and obey traffic laws and regardless(or irregardless ;-)) of a demographic(cyclists, motorists, women, men), there will always be a percentage of d-bags. Generalizations like "cyclists suck and should get off the road" are definitely the mentality a civilized population should not adhere to. It does not matter whose fault it is when a cyclist and a car collides, the cyclist always loses, and more often than not, it's tragic. I've never come across a motorist that killed a cyclist and afterwards taken the lines of "he doesn't belong on the road". That cyclist, aka mother, father, son, daughter family member to someone should not be aggressively hated.

Then again, maybe some here feel a need to be anonymously macho and subscribe to road rage on a car forum -shrugs-
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #27
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

I have been riding (motorcycles and bicycles) for YEARS. I always rode defensively and safely. Above all....I wasn't a douche taking up the whole lane, so you'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy for your sob story. If you ride like an asshole, prepare to be treated like one. If you can't handle the repercussions of your riding style, time to hang up your helmet and take up power-walking.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #28
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon
I have been riding (motorcycles and bicycles) for YEARS. I always rode defensively and safely. Above all....I wasn't a douche taking up the whole lane, so you'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy for your sob story. If you ride like an asshole, prepare to be treated like one. If you can't handle the repercussions of your riding style, time to hang up your helmet and take up power-walking.
Agreed! I've been riding sport bikes, dirt bikes, roadies and mtn Bikes for years. And when I'm on them, f*** the rights of way, I ride defensive(self preservation mode). Same applies in the dunes when it's 2 wheels vs 1k hp buggies, I don't care who went up first, I gtfo the way! Be considerate and don't expect the same...that's my motto, and keeps my temper down. Doesn't mean I haven't knocked off my share of side mirrors . I'm not perfect

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #29
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post
The ignorant comments here are surprising, well maybe not. I used to ride a lot, and I mean alot(10k miles a year). This was mainly on the road and some Fall/Winter mountain and cyclocross. And during the 5 years of cycling( collegiate), I've gotten into 5 accidents. All of which were the motorist's fault(failure to yield was the biggest reason). I always ride defensively and obey traffic laws and regardless(or irregardless ;-)) of a demographic(cyclists, motorists, women, men), there will always be a percentage of d-bags. Generalizations like "cyclists suck and should get off the road" are definitely the mentality a civilized population should not adhere to. It does not matter whose fault it is when a cyclist and a car collides, the cyclist always loses, and more often than not, it's tragic. I've never come across a motorist that killed a cyclist and afterwards taken the lines of "he doesn't belong on the road". That cyclist, aka mother, father, son, daughter family member to someone should not be aggressively hated.

Then again, maybe some here feel a need to be anonymously macho and subscribe to road rage on a car forum -shrugs-
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #30
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
You people are idiots. Whiney motorists that are sheltered in a 4000LB piece of metal that have no comprehension of how vulnerable cyclists are.
I wanted to say the same thing, but then I thought this is a web forum, who gives...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #31
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post

Agreed. I think the attitude that many on this thread are taking is sad and I will bet many of them haven't ridden a bike in a high traffic area. Is it dangerous to ride a bike in traffic? Yes. Should it be? No. Look around you, this country is full of overweight people driving oversized cars. We have a lifestyle problem IMO. More of us should be commuting by bike but our lifestyle, workplace, and roads and resources prevent it. A bike on the road is one less car on the road, and don't tell me a bike that takes up a 3' lane holds up traffic. A biker that is being inconsiderate and driving in the middle of the road or a city that isn't smart enough to design bike lanes and flow patterns hold up traffic. Those of you in areas that are not bike-friendly should be mad at the city planners, not the bikers trying to survive on poorly designed roads.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving and don't condone disregarding the rules of the road while biking, but people on bikes are not a bad thing. When I come across anti-bikers 99% of the time it's someone who is overweight, hasn't ridden a bike since they were a kid, doesn't excercise, and doesn't understand why someone would strive to live a healthy lifestyle. The norm for those who do care about their health seems to be to rush around in our cars all day, then drive to the gym in the suburbs for the 45 minute workout. Instead of integrating walking, biking, etc into their lifestyle. I digress....
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 01-29-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #32
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Audi driver's a douche. He belongs in an M3
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #33
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
until they pay for using the roads here in the U.S., I will continue to hate cyclists. I hope that cities will implement a registration requirement ($ tax) for cyclists to use the streets. they're considering it in Chicago.
Roads are funded at least 40% (sometimes as much as 50% to 60%) by "general funds" which are not raised by gas tax and/or registration fees. General funds come from everyone, not just those who drive cars. In other words you are not funding 100% of your roads with the taxes and fees associated with your car. In addition most bikers also own a car, and pay taxes in general so this argument is weak. Unfortunately it is very difficult to function in the US without owning a car, even if you commute by bike. Moreover, what do you think wears out a road faster? 4000+ lb car or a 25lb bike? I think it's reasonable for an automobile to pay a larger share for the cost of a road.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 01-29-2014 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #34
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
in this case though, cyclist was in the technical "right", but Audi guy just said screw it, I'm going to knock this guys lights out..."I think he's about to scratch my new RS7! I'm justified! "
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #35
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarhold View Post
Cyclists are meant to be punched.
lol hell yeah love it lmao
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #36
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Audi drivers ARE wankers though. Clarkson said so.

Jesus Saves.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #37
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

im all for sharing the road with bikes....ONLY with cyclists who choose to share the road and abide by the rules of the road....for those that don't, a couple loud revs (while passing them safely) gives them a little reminder LOL.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #38
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

This forum is filled with hate towards cyclists.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

that video led me to watch some guy on youtube who has a bunch of videos of him cycling and calling out license plates and such....what an idiot...i would deck him too.....

regarding this video, the dude came out of the back seat right? riding around like a boss....hahha
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #40
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerZ32 View Post
This forum is filled with hate towards cyclists.
Coincidentally, this forum is filled with a bunch of people who love their 70K+ CARS so much they write about them daily. Perhaps you guys should visit a bike forum to find people more amenable to the needs of these long-suffering cyclists you speak of...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #41
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Larger biker vs driver issue aside, anyone who approaches someone's car door window in that manner is asking for it. On foot, on bike, on segway, whatever. If you're going to be obscenely self righteous, and act as if your intention is to inflict harm, then be ready for some dude who doesn't abide getting out of his car and blasting you in the face.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #42
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Larger biker vs driver issue aside, anyone who approaches someone's car door window in that manner is asking for it..
Definitely agree. Cyclist in that video over reacted to what was a fairly minor imposition. It's not like the Audi driver cut him off and then slammed on the brakes or did anything to cause him to nearly crash. I cycle commute here in Portland and have endured far worse.

That said, the anti-cyclist attitude displayed by some in this thread is pretty appalling. The vast majority of us that commute in an urban setting are riding as defensively as possible, favoring routes that avoid traffic, just trying to get to our destinations alive. None of us want to mix it up with cars.
      01-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #43
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Definitely agree. Cyclist in that video over reacted to what was a fairly minor imposition. It's not like the Audi driver cut him off and then slammed on the brakes or did anything to cause him to nearly crash. I cycle commute here in Portland and have endured far worse.

That said, the anti-cyclist attitude displayed by some in this thread is pretty appalling. The vast majority of us that commute in an urban setting are riding as defensively as possible, favoring routes that avoid traffic, just trying to get to our destinations alive. None of us want to mix it up with cars.
I'm with you. My mountain bike is my daily driver 3 seasons out of the year. I assume the worst out of drivers, and that's served me well so far. Idiot in the video isn't representative of most riders. He was obviously looking for an incident.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #44
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post

i just hate bikers that intentionally ride side by side causing traffic, dont stop at stop signs, run reds, swerve side to side, etc.

if i see a cyclist approaching a stop sign and i have enough room to just make it (um because its my right of way and the asshat should stop) i continue to proceed with making my left turn/right turn/straight and force him to stop.

or am i completely wrong that cyclists do not need to follow the traffic laws?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread