F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Don't be this guy LOL
proTUNING Freaks

04-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #23
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanquintinB View Post
The hose needs to be kept as straight as possible to maintain optimal water pressure. Illegal or not, park at your own risk.
Yeah, I guess someone must have photoshopped the 40-degree kink in the hose right off the valve so it could make it up to the window and through the car.

LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #24
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

The best part of this story for me was a variant of the "difference between a porcupine and BMW" joke I saw in a Yahoo comments section -

What's the difference between a Hoover and a BMW? Position of the dirtbag.

They could update that: difference between a Dyson and a BMW - one doesn't have a dirtbag...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #25
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Yeah, I guess someone must have photoshopped the 40-degree kink in the hose right off the valve so it could make it up to the window and through the car.
LOL
If you saw the video, the hose is at least a foot in diameter, so no way it's fitting under the car. Also, the hydrant connection is several feet above road level. The straightest shot is through the windows. Unfortunately, the dickhead not only blocked the hydrant, but parked so close they first had to dent the car to even connect it, then they actually picked-up the car and moved it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #26
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
If you saw the video, the hose is at least a foot in diameter, so no way it's fitting under the car. Also, the hydrant connection is several feet above road level. The straightest shot is through the windows. Unfortunately, the dickhead not only blocked the hydrant, but parked so close they first had to dent the car to even connect it, then they actually picked-up the car and moved it.
Unless they used one of the side ports of the hydrant...

But listen, I'm not defending the BMW owner's parking choice, he disserves what happened to his car. I was just pointing out the actual trashing of the car could have been avoided (or lessened at least) with an alternate choice of hose connection. The FD was making a point. And thanks to the internet, more so.
Appreciate 0