2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Exhaust for 550i xdrive

04-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
A Majority of One
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 550xi M

Exhaust for 550i xdrive

This is my first post on this website so forgive me if anything is incorrect.

I am hoping for some advice on an exhaust system for my 550i xdrive. My initial inclination was just to go for Dinan; but after some more research it seems there may be many other, and perhaps, better options. Any help and/or opinions would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
///MSpt550xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Options seem to be limited at this time. I have been waiting for Remus to come out with something.

From what I have been told, the Remus Race for the 535 will work on the 550, but it needs some slight modifications, and I dont feel like being the guinea pig for that.
2012 F10 550xi M Sport, Dark Graphite Metallic II, Black Nappa, Aluminum Hexagon Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ceramic Controls, Premium Sound Package, Luxury Seating Package, 30% Tint, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

After much debate and research I have just ordered the GT HAUS Meisterschaft GTC.. It has remote valve that I open /close(loud/quiet) and is super high quality build.. I would highly recommend calling Micky at GT HAUS 630-787-1600 tell Him Jim from Colorado sent you and he will hook ya up!!
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
A Majority of One
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Dental Boy, I'm in Denver, CO. I have a 2011 550, but it's a lemon so I should be getting a 2013 in August. Please let me know about that exhaust because I've seen it on Luigi's car and it sounds incredible. I have however, been told by a few that it should be avoided because of it being korean, but I can't say I know enough about any of this to speak to that. I will call Micky though, I was thinking about calling them anyway.

MSpt: I really like the vorsteiner exhaust as well, but they only make it for the 535 also. I talked to them and said they had issues when trying to fit it to the 550. They did, however, say that they might have one for the 550 by the end of the summer which is when I need it for anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

[QUOTE=amajorityofone;11847403]Dental Boy, I'm in Denver, CO. I have a 2011 550, but it's a lemon so I should be getting a 2013 in August. Please let me know about that exhaust because I've seen it on Luigi's car and it sounds incredible. I have however, been told by a few that it should be avoided because of it being korean, but I can't say I know enough about any of this to speak to that. I will call Micky though, I was thinking about calling them anyway.

Koreans are making one of the best cars on the market right now(Hyundai)So I am not sure why someone would tell you to stay away from a Korean products unless they are trying to make theres look better? I saw these exhaust in person at Mfest last weekend and the welds / craftsmanship were impressive,to say the least..I will let you know what I think once I install next week...
Since you are somewhat local we should meet up and you can hear it in person
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

[QUOTE=DentalBoy;11850955][QUOTE=amajorityofone;11847403]Dental Boy, I'm in Denver, CO. I have a 2011 550, but it's a lemon so I should be getting a 2013 in August. Please let me know about that exhaust because I've seen it on Luigi's car and it sounds incredible. I have however, been told by a few that it should be avoided because of it being korean, but I can't say I know enough about any of this to speak to that. I will call Micky though, I was thinking about calling them anyway.

Koreans are making one of the best cars on the market right now(Hyundai)So I am not sure why someone would tell you to stay away from a Korean products unless they are trying to make theres look better? I saw these exhaust in person at Mfest last weekend and the welds / craftsmanship were impressive,to say the least..I will let you know what I think once I install next week...
Since you are somewhat local we should meet up and you can hear it in person[/QUOTE

I think mine is Great! sounds sick and when you close the valves its nice and quiet with a little rumble.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
A Majority of One
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

DentalBoy: That would be great if you're ever around Denver, I would love to see/hear it since I still have until August at least to figure out what I want to do. And please let me know what you think once it's installed. But I do agree that they were trying to discredit Miest to sell their own stuff. I just don't know a ton about aftermarket things for engines and want to learn as much as I can before making a decision.

Hunter: Thank you for mentioning that, I wanted to know what the difference was with it open and closed. Also, where did you install your switch, and is it a huge pain to have installed? Also, I see that you have the vorsteiner diffuser, (sorry off topic, PM me if you want), just want to know if you like the result of that look?
Appreciate 0