F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > vs. Audi RS7...driver...don't mess with them
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

01-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #45
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Coincidentally, this forum is filled with a bunch of people who love their 70K+ CARS so much they write about them daily. Perhaps you guys should visit a bike forum to find people more amenable to the needs of these long-suffering cyclists you speak of...
I remember posting the following at a bike forum:
"This forum is filled with hate towards motorists."
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #46
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM
Larger biker vs driver issue aside, anyone who approaches someone's car door window in that manner is asking for it. On foot, on bike, on segway, whatever. If you're going to be obscenely self righteous, and act as if your intention is to inflict harm, then be ready for some dude who doesn't abide getting out of his car and blasting you in the face.
^THIS
      01-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #47
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

"Anti-cyclist."

Great, another protected class of people I can't hate on.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #48
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
"Anti-cyclist."

Haha, love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #49
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
"Anti-cyclist."

Very funny and so true at the same time
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #50
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Punched in the face? You approach a car window like that in Texas, you're liable to get shot.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #51
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarhold View Post
Cyclists are meant to be punched.
Ok, this made me grin - but also made me wince.

Here's the deal: Motorists hate anything that slows them down.

Anything.

So, motorists get pissed off at cyclists, because they slow them down.

And no, I'm not limiting this to the arrogant cyclists who ride three abreast at 18.7 mph. I'm also talking about the very reasonable cyclist who rides along the far right side of the lane, or even on the shoulder, because little old lady motorists (of whatever size, age or gender) ALWAYS put on the brakes and refuse to pass while there is any oncoming traffic.

Always.

It's not that we're pissed off at cyclists, exactly. It's just that we're pissed off that they're there.

So it ain't personal. We're just as annoyed at school buses, heavy trucks up hills, left-lane bandits determinedly driving right at the speed limit, etc.

This is human nature, so it's pointless to blame the other guy, and the only way this will change is when we get to George-Orwellian autonomous roads, and we're all reading our papers on the way to work while the cyclists do whatever they do.

Bruce

PS - I live in Lancaster County, PA. You know, the Bible belt, with covered bridges, hex signs, the Amish in their buggies, etc. Tourists flock here by the tens of thousands each Spring, Summer and Fall, partly to view the Amish and their horse-drawn buggies.

Me, I thought the first seventeen buggies I saw after moving here were pretty cool - but now, they're pretty much annoying. The Amish tend to stay as far right as possible, but their buggies are both wider and slower than bicycles.

So traffic builds up behind them, just as it does with cyclists.

As I said, nothing personal, but Gr-r-r.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 09:42 AM   #52
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Coincidentally, this forum is filled with a bunch of people who love their 70K+ CARS so much they write about them daily. Perhaps you guys should visit a bike forum to find people more amenable to the needs of these long-suffering cyclists you speak of...
I'm confused as to why you think owning and driving a nice car should correlate with hatred of biking and bikers. I don't think anyone came on here looking for biker sympathy. We are just surprised at some of the ill informed, douchey comments made by some.

And for the record.... Regarding the original video... The driver of the RS7 would have annoyed me when blocking the bike lane but if a biker or any person got in my face like that (no matter what the circumstances), I would have also been inclined to punch them. In other words I don't support douchey bikers either.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 01-31-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #53
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Bunch of Lance Lovers on this site

Da phuk happened to you guys? We are M3 guys, lowest of the low!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #54
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 996 Turbo; G80 M3; FJ80 LC

For every cyclist who disobeys the road rules or acts like a douche, there are 10,000 drivers who act the same or worse. I ride a motorcycle, mountain bike, and occasionally, a road bike so I tend to empathize with the share the road crowd. But I will call out a biker being an ass. Bike lanes are rare around me so the shared area is more subjective and the roads are shitty as hell so I can appreciate a biker swerving to avoid potholes.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #55
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

That Audi driver was a total douche. He's lucky the cyclist restrained himself. If it was me I would have sent his pampered rich ass flying right through the windshield of his car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #56
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Being an avid competitive cyclist as well as an avid car guy I have seen both sides of this issue in spades. The only way for me to deal with douchebag motorists or cyclists is to try to be as Zen as possible. I have been hit by innattentive idiot motorists 3 times. Fortunately, I saw each collision coming and was able to react defensively enough to come away with only road rash and damaged bicycles. In each case the drivers simply didn't see me though I was clearly visible in daylight and riding legally in the bike lane with an incredibly bright daytime flasher on my bike. The first time the driver simply drove away and left me on the street screaming at her. The second time the guy jumped out of his car and started apologising immediately and took all of the blame. The third time the guy knocked me flat, got out of his car and admitted he didn't see me but tried to blame me anyway. It was tough to be Zen about that one, he did receive some (well, maybe a lot of) verbal abuse. These incidents, and other close calls make me ride with a little fear and I make sure to never provoke anyone in a car because, as has been mentioned, when it's bike versus car, bike loses every time. On the other hand, as a driver I have seen countless idiot cyclists running red lights and stop signs and when I have honked at them I usually get the finger. I can't stand it when cyclists take the lane, it may be legal but it is just effing stupid and annoying - I NEVER do that. I'll get off my bike and walk it on the sidewalk before doing that. How many times have I seen groups of cyclists spilling way out of the bike lanes forcing cars to swerve around them. They are just as oblivious as the drivers who hit me. Believe me, there are plenty of jerks on both sides of this issue and there always will be - each side has pissed me off equally. So, like I said at the beginning, Zen, a few deep breaths and an attempt to take the high road. For me, that's better (though maybe less satisfying) than a punch in the face.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #57
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
Being an avid competitive cyclist as well as an avid car guy I have seen both sides of this issue in spades. The only way for me to deal with douchebag motorists or cyclists is to try to be as Zen as possible. I have been hit by innattentive idiot motorists 3 times. Fortunately, I saw each collision coming and was able to react defensively enough to come away with only road rash and damaged bicycles. In each case the drivers simply didn't see me though I was clearly visible in daylight and riding legally in the bike lane with an incredibly bright daytime flasher on my bike. The first time the driver simply drove away and left me on the street screaming at her. The second time the guy jumped out of his car and started apologising immediately and took all of the blame. The third time the guy knocked me flat, got out of his car and admitted he didn't see me but tried to blame me anyway. It was tough to be Zen about that one, he did receive some (well, maybe a lot of) verbal abuse. These incidents, and other close calls make me ride with a little fear and I make sure to never provoke anyone in a car because, as has been mentioned, when it's bike versus car, bike loses every time. On the other hand, as a driver I have seen countless idiot cyclists running red lights and stop signs and when I have honked at them I usually get the finger. I can't stand it when cyclists take the lane, it may be legal but it is just effing stupid and annoying - I NEVER do that. I'll get off my bike and walk it on the sidewalk before doing that. How many times have I seen groups of cyclists spilling way out of the bike lanes forcing cars to swerve around them. They are just as oblivious as the drivers who hit me. Believe me, there are plenty of jerks on both sides of this issue and there always will be - each side has pissed me off equally. So, like I said at the beginning, Zen, a few deep breaths and an attempt to take the high road. For me, that's better (though maybe less satisfying) than a punch in the face.

Woosah

You nailed it. There are idiots from both sides...it just depends from situation to situation
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #58
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Cyclist in the video was no different than someone attempting to cut in front of you in line and then proceeding to verbally assault you when you do not allow it.

The video clearly shows the driver waiting for the green light. The rest of the cyclists are waiting on the left, in line, and not in the way of the driver. There is no other place for the driver to be, he has left plenty of space. Insert rude cyclist who comes up on the light, passes everyone, then stops right in front of of the car and blocks the car. So not only has he cut in line, he is blocking the much faster vehicle who cannot easily re-position without driving into oncoming traffic. Is the vehicle, who was there first, to now wait for the slower cyclist to accelerate? Pretty ridiculous and EXTREMELY rude of the cyclist.

The cyclist then antagonizes the occupants in the car, chases them, verbally assaults them and most likely proceeded to threaten their property which finally caused a confrontation.

The police should be telling the cyclist he is lucky that all he walked away with was a sore nose and a bruised ego. He was looking for a fight and he got one. He then found out he was not as tough as he thought he was.

Justice served. Case closed.
      02-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #59
Nautik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
That Audi driver was a total douche. He's lucky the cyclist restrained himself. If it was me I would have sent his pampered rich ass flying right through the windshield of his car.
"cyclist restrained himself" I might call that good survival instinct. We also do not know who else was in the car. We know there was at least 1 other person, probably more. Cyclist recognized a losing situation and left. Most people are not able to fight several individuals at once.

Nevermind that the cyclist was encumbered with gear, just took a right hand to the face, his opponent was bigger than him and willing to fight, and he does not know if his opponent or other individuals in the car had a weapon.

A lot of people have grand plans until reality sets in!

02-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #60
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
Cyclist in the video was no different than someone attempting to cut in front of you in line and then proceeding to verbally assault you when you do not allow it.

The video clearly shows the driver waiting for the green light. The rest of the cyclists are waiting on the left, in line, and not in the way of the driver. There is no other place for the driver to be, he has left plenty of space. Insert rude cyclist who comes up on the light, passes everyone, then stops right in front of of the car and blocks the car. So not only has he cut in line, he is blocking the much faster vehicle who cannot easily re-position without driving into oncoming traffic. Is the vehicle, who was there first, to now wait for the slower cyclist to accelerate? Pretty ridiculous and EXTREMELY rude of the cyclist.

The cyclist then antagonizes the occupants in the car, chases them, verbally assaults them and most likely proceeded to threaten their property which finally caused a confrontation.

The police should be telling the cyclist he is lucky that all he walked away with was a sore nose and a bruised ego. He was looking for a fight and he got one. He then found out he was not as tough as he thought he was.

By far the best post of this thread
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #61
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"cyclist restrained himself" I might call that good survival instinct. We also do not know who else was in the car. We know there was at least 1 other person, probably more. Cyclist recognized a losing situation and left. Most people are not able to fight several individuals at once.

Nevermind that the cyclist was encumbered with gear, just took a right hand to the face, his opponent was bigger than him and willing to fight, and he does not know if his opponent or other individuals in the car had a weapon.

Like Mike Tyson once said "everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth"
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #62
Nautik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
Like Mike Tyson once said "everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth"
One of the best quotes of all time!
      02-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #63
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:

Your perspective is classic uniformed driver. The road had a "bicycle box" at the front of the intersection. This box is for bikes only and cars are supposed to wait behind it. This allows bikes to position themselves safely in front of the cars and move to the side at speed. The alternative is to wait in a single file line at the intersection with cars pulling up along side you within inches of your feet. Not a good position to be in as an exposed biker. The Audi driver went into the bicycle box to cut in front of the bikes - aka a prick move. At that point the Audi driver was in the wrong and the biker told him so. You will notice that at the next intersection, the Audi driver stopped behind the box, as he should have.... The biker should have left him alone at that point but instead antagonized and got punched.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 02-04-2014 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #64
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

I can't comment on other passengers possibly being in the car or being armed, but if it was one on one, and I was in the cyclist's place, then that clown in the Audi would have been asleep with a brown stain in his underwear the moment he tried to pick a fight.

Quote:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Some countries have laws that allow bicycles, scooters, and sometimes even motorcycles to pull over at a designated space at the front of an intersection with a red light, and cars are supposed to queue behind them. I know, it's a stupid law and I don't get it either. The much slower bicycles will just be overtaken again by the cars as soon as the light turns green. But nevertheless, the law is the law. Clearly, Audi boy didn't like it, and cut off the cyclist by creeping into the designated bicycle area illegally and then gunning it right beside the cyclist. The cyclist may have been a bit too confrontational but they do get nervous when cars drive aggressively and recklessly beside them. Quite understandable, given that even the most minor collision with a bicycle can be quite nasty for the cyclist. Audi boy was way out of line and for sure deserves to have his head smashed right through his car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
Actually it's incredibly difficult for someone without proper training to actually connect with the face, let alone knock a guy out, in a real fight. Actual fights don't really work like they do in the movies, you know.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #65
Nautik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Actually it's incredibly difficult for someone without proper training to actually connect with the face, let alone knock a guy out, in a real fight. Actual fights don't really work like they do in the movies, you know.
I think you are taking Tyson's quote too literally in this case. In Tyson's case, yes, it's about him punching many incredible boxers in the face and derailing their game-plans once they tasted his power.

The great part of the quote, however, is how it applies to every day life. Many of us have a great game-plan or strategy about how to do something until that plan meets reality.

Yes, I am sure you would beat up the guy who stepped out of the Audi (an older guy who was obviously not trained and probably not a grappler either). I don't really see how that is relevant though?
      02-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #66
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

that was awesome lol
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread