F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Land's End Customers "Shocked and Horified" over Scantily Clad Woman on GQ Cover...
Studio RSR

08-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #23
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
As a European, it does not surprise me Yanks would get offended by this.
Ah, I remember German soap commercials and tanning bed ads and even billboards that would send the Moral Majority into fits of fire-and-brimstone in this country.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #24
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
When can I come over for some rope vieja? Really, any dinner will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I walk around in boxer briefs....
Double edge sword there...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Hmmm, dunno, but I think one of those edges is a tad sharper than the other. Risk/reward ratio just isn't there.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #26
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Haha. Time to dial in my ACOG
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #27
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

This would have been great for me at age 6. Pretty close to the VS catalogs I had a collection of.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #28
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I thought she had a disease or something when I first saw the sand stuck to her body and was think what could GQ be thinking
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Do these people not bring their children to the beach?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #30
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
There's far too much sexual shame in this country. "Shocked and horrified"? This is absurd

People will shield their children from any sexual content on a movie (something that is wonderful that they'll experience one day) and not think twice about showing the violence (something horrible that hopefully they'll never experience)
AGREED!!! We now know every gory detail about the Robin Williams suicide, but GOD FORBID someone see a nip slip on the SuperBowl HalfTime Show.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #31
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YovichZ4 View Post
AGREED!!! We now know every gory detail about the Robin Williams suicide, but GOD FORBID someone see a nip slip on the SuperBowl HalfTime Show.
Hey, I'm still scarred by seeing Janets bare naked titty on TV and still waiting on my damn settlement to come in from emotional distress....
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Hey, I'm still scarred by seeing Janets bare naked titty on TV and still waiting on my damn settlement to come in from emotional distress....
I'm more afraid that Weird Al Yankovic will be the next HalfTime show and we'll see more than his nipples....

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #33
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

This is the same shyt that happens at those dumb gyms. A lady member was banned and told not to return to the gym because her body was "too good looking". She was banned because other members were complaining that she was "intimidating them" and they felt "offended"!

This being offend crap is really stupid!

Everyday on Yahoo! news i read about some sort of commercial/ billboard/ Magazine cover etc that is offensive to a certain people. Such BS! This is the reason why i have changed my life style.
I no longer care about what people think of me,
I no longer care if i offend any one,
I just grew some bigger balls and do wtf i want as long as i'm not physically hurting or abusing anyone.

And i've been very happy in life ever since
      08-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #34
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
This is the same shyt that happens at those dumb gyms. A lady member was banned and told not to return to the gym because her body was "too good looking". She was banned because other members were complaining that she was "intimidating them" and they felt "offended"!

Everyday on Yahoo! news i read about some sort of commercial/ billboard/ Magazine cover etc that is offensive to a certain people. Such BS! This is the reason why i have changed my life style.
I just grew some bigger balls and do wtf i want as long as i'm not physically hurting or abusing anyone.

I am very offended by stupid people but somehow I'm not able to voice that view without being some kind of ass. Guess I'll just go on being offended for the remainder of my life.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #35
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
my wife does almost everything in our house in her bra and panties.....

she walks around, cooks, does laundry and watches movies in her bra and panties....

my daughter walks around in shirt and panties...

son walks around in boxer briefs and shirt...

I walk around in boxer briefs....

my kids see more skin at home than that cover......
And the goal of these "parents" is to make sure that YOU raise YOUR kids according to THEIR values, morals, and standards.

SO sick of this "But, OH, the CHILDREN!" bullshit.

Quote:
Do these people not bring their children to the beach?
Yes, they do. They're the ones, with their children in tow, GLARING at women sun bathing topless face-down on a towel whispering words like "bitch", "slut", and "whore" as they try to hurry as far away as possible or they're the ones that come right up to said woman/women and start right into a holier-than-though tirade concerning "appropriateness".

Quote:
I am very offended by stupid people but somehow I'm not able to voice that view without being some kind of ass. Guess I'll just go on being offended for the remainder of my life.
No shit...me too.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #36
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:

We should appreciate fat women because that's what REAL women look like guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #37
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:

I have to say there is a flipside to this mate. I understand what you mean, but people take this behavior to the other side of the guardrail. They start being mean, arrogant and self-centered. Some people offend for the sake of offending, and those people are just pricks. Not picking on you, just saying what I've seen lately. Just look at Instagram. All this "no new friends" shit. I laugh at it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #38
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray View Post
Seriously, go to Europe, they have free hanging tatas in bra commercials.
They have jugs in yogurt commercials FFS.

America is so full of whiny sandy vaginas.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #39
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I have to say there is a flipside to this mate. I understand what you mean, but people take this behavior to the other side of the guardrail. They start being mean, arrogant and self-centered. Some people offend for the sake of offending, and those people are just pricks. Not picking on you, just saying what I've seen lately. Just look at Instagram. All this "no new friends" shit. I laugh at it.
lol yes true.
Nowadays, people see me and immediately draw the conclusion that im arrogant, cocky, self centered blah blah blah.... i just brush it off because even if i "tried" to be a nice, humble, down to earth guy.. people will still say negative things about me. So i just said fcuk it!
      08-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #40
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

hyp·o·crite/ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun
a person who indulges in hypocrisy.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #41
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
People will shield their children from any sexual content on a movie (something that is wonderful that they'll experience one day) and not think twice about showing the violence (something horrible that hopefully they'll never experience)
This reminds me of a time at Gamestop where a mother was asking about the M rating on whatever the new Call of Duty was at the time. For her 6 year old!
The clerk explained about the realistic graphics, blood, language and mentioned how "it can be pretty rough, especially for a child". The mother thought about it for a second and then asked "but there's no nudity in it, right?" The clerk said no, and she said "ok, I'll take it".
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #42
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Am I watching the wrong European TV stations? I've been to the UK, Bulgaria, and several times to Italy and never seen any of the aforementioned commercials!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #43
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Sad that beautiful, fit women are vilified in our culture mainly by obese soccer moms and religious bigots.

I don't have children yet (thankfully), but when I do, I will have absolutely zero issue with my son/daughter seeing this. It's one thing if the camera zooms in on her fully exposed vagina and they slap that on the cover, but to display how beautiful the human body can be? Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's time we start appreciating beauty rather than condemning those who speak of obesity...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #44
tcpsoft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
These parents are probably the same ones who want a trophy given to every kid participating in a sport and no winner's ceremonies. WTF

I remember the January Jones and Kate Upton covers, obviously (and I don't even have a subscription.) Who thought that accepting a subscription to GQ was the same as a subscription to Parenting or Disney? Here's what happened - the husband checked the box that said, "Yes, I'd like a free subscription to GQ". Magazine comes in for a few months with whomever on the cover and wife is OK - Channing Tatum, Ryan Reynolds, One Direction But then a scantily woman appears on a cover, middle-aged housewife freaks out and the husband gets amnesia.

2015 M3 DCT (sold)
2008 Lotus Exige S240 - too many mods to list (sold)
2007 Lotus Exige S (RIP)
2006 MINI Cooper S (sold)
Appreciate 0