E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Drivers Beware: reported license plate (Dash cam group buy?)

05-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
jwise36
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 328i X drive

Drivers Beware: reported license plate (Dash cam group buy?)

I was downtown with two other people in the car. i approached a stop sign and came to a FULL stop. I had received a ticket in the past for a rolling stop and cops are all over the side streets in the city so I always make sure my car comes to a COMPLETE stop.

A women in her gigantic SUV is on her cellphone barreling down the road most likely speeding, she does not have a stop sign. as I pull forwards to look around the blind corner I make eye contact with her, again fully stopped and she cuts very close to my car. She then stops her car in front of mine blocking the intersection, rolls down her window, and tears me a new one with expletives ive never a lady utter before. "YOU DUMB FUCKING CUNT!!!! ITS YOUNG PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE ROAD A DANGEROUS PLACE"

In shock my friends and I can do nothing but chuckle, I did not exchange any words with her, simply waved and smiled proceeding on with our trip. at the next intersection she pulls up beside my car, rolls down her window again but this time with a pen and notepad in her hand and shouts out my license plate number.

In a split second decision, I got out of my car with my cellphone, and took a picture of her licence plate just to have it on record if anything came about (i never thought anything would)

My day goes on, had a nice lunch, get home to wash my baby and about half way through the washing process a police car pulls into my driveway. The lady had gone to the police station in person and reported me for running a stop sign, running a red light (which I would NEVER even think of doing), reckless driving, and said that i got out of my car to "fight her" but only didnt because the light had turned green (so how did i even run a red light!?!?). The officer was one of the nicest people I have ever met and explained to me that if someone reports a plate, they are obliged to show up at your house within 48 hours. He said that stuff like this happens "far too frequently" What kind of law is this? He even told me that he had better things to do and thinks its totally ridiculous but the women said she "felt threatened" by me. Now im no large individual, i was dressed in a suit and tie, not the type of person to ever pick a fight with anyone let alone in a heavily populated intersection.

nothing came about of it, but there is now a blurb in the system that i was reported. Let this be a warning to everyone to be extra careful with people like this, thinking back i guess i shouldn't have gotten out of the car but when i showed the officer the photo of her plate he said i did the right thing!

We should all have dashcams in this day and age, he said that if she wanted to she could press charges, thankfully nothing happened.

sorry i just had to vent, my entire neighbourhood now probably thinks im a felon with an all black bimmer after the cop spoke with me about cars (even had me play my sound system for him!) for almost 30 minutes
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

You should have turn the table against her by telling that officer that she was the aggressive one and you wish to report the incident. Let the police officer pays her a visit.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
jwise36
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
You should have turn the table against her by telling that officer that she was the aggressive one and you wish to report the incident. Let the police officer pays her a visit.
I did mention that too him, however I had no proof (reason why i need a dash cam) and didnt want any more hassles. You never know who your dealing with these days.

He said that had I reported her first the tables would be turned but im not the type of person to ever report someones plate, people make mistakes but this was just ridiculous!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Bladerunner
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

This is why I purchased the Blackvue in the group buy, protect myself!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Driving in Brampton, I meet about 3 to 4 idiots per km of driving.

I really need a dashcam. Going to order one today. Maybe I can start a youtube channel with all the idiots/ricers I catch on a DAILY basis?
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Wow that's just stupid, the lady completely made up a story and it goes in your record? Probably that time of the month for her. At least the cop was understanding.

Now I feel bad for missing out on the red flag deals group buy for dashcam.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
JonasV
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Sounds like it's time for another group buy... I'm in.
      05-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
gosu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

i would have yelled back something like "WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD YOU IDIOT!"
      05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Driving in Brampton, I meet about 3 to 4 idiots per km of driving.

I really need a dashcam. Going to order one today. Maybe I can start a youtube channel with all the idiots/ricers I catch on a DAILY basis?
3 to 4 idiots per km lol. I like that line!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
jwise36
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosu View Post
i would have yelled back something like "WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD YOU IDIOT!"
i find people become more frustrated when you dont give them the reaction they expect, i had a guy shout at me once and acted as if i was deaf motioning in sign lanugage, you should have seen his face
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

looking more like I should pick one of these up............ GB?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Hmmm you have the plate #? Call some friends and say this lady ran run through a red light!!!!

J/k I know its not right but thats just annoying.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwise36 View Post
i find people become more frustrated when you dont give them the reaction they expect, i had a guy shout at me once and acted as if i was deaf motioning in sign lanugage, you should have seen his face

I too, love to do this.....the best I find is when I ask pan handlers/bums for money before they get the chance to ask me. Although non2 of them have ever given me $.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
ctheM
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 335is

the more I read about these stories, the more I feel like I must have a dash cam in my car.
down for another GB!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
335isGuy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw 340xi Msport

Garage List
Believe me I run into these kind of people all the time. I have snow removal contracts that some are TTC parking lots. I had someone drive into me lol. I have crazy lights going off my light bar and my truck is not quiet by any means. She got out of her car yelling "What the hell is wrong with you. Im trying to leave my spot and your truck is in my way"? lol so she hit me? lol. 0 damage to the truck but cant say that for her honda civic. I was stopped to by the way lol. Some people have no sense. Always tends to be woman too? lol. I should put a dash cam in my plow trucks in the winter. You guys would laugh at what people try to do in the winter lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

All the hormones and pesticides in food... It's turning people into nutbars!!!
      05-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Fck it.

Buying the Dashcam tonight via ebay.

You think TO is bad?

Come to Alberta...land of inbred, hillbilly, big truck driving (small brains) hicks!!

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
Fck it.

Buying the Dashcam tonight via ebay.

You think TO is bad?

Come to Alberta...land of inbred, hillbilly, big truck driving (small brains) hicks!!

LOL I lived in Edmonton my entire life. Toronto drivers are waaaay worse.

...besides, the bad drivers in Edmonton are from Toronto. j/k j/k j/k
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

@ OP, it's her word against yours. I agree, it sucks and people now are not afraid to sue or commit fraud.

...which is why I have two dashcams already. I found there's no need to buy a very expensive dashcam either. All you need is one that record audio. Just speak the license plate, car description, etc out and the audio will record it.

I bought mine off Deal Extreme (which took EXTREMELY long to arrive) but you can also pick them up at Pacific Mall or ebay. Mine's just $72 but the quality of the video surprised me and it does the job.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
Calbee
Rep
Drives: B8 A4

i might get banned for this but whatever im gonna just throw this out there since i know you toronto guys might be intereted.

we are a new company that just started out. an official distributor of blackvue and finevu cameras.

we are gonna get a sponsorship account, but for now heres our site. we are offering a group buy on a specific model right now but if you guys would want one for another model and theres enough interest we can do that

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Blackboxmycar
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbee View Post
i might get banned for this but whatever im gonna just throw this out there since i know you toronto guys might be intereted.

we are a new company that just started out. an official distributor of blackvue and finevu cameras.

we are gonna get a sponsorship account, but for now heres our site. we are offering a group buy on a specific model right now but if you guys would want one for another model and theres enough interest we can do that

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Blackboxmycar
Where are you guys based?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
@ OP, it's her word against yours. I agree, it sucks and people now are not afraid to sue or commit fraud.

...which is why I have two dashcams already. I found there's no need to buy a very expensive dashcam either. All you need is one that record audio. Just speak the license plate, car description, etc out and the audio will record it.

I bought mine off Deal Extreme (which took EXTREMELY long to arrive) but you can also pick them up at Pacific Mall or ebay. Mine's just $72 but the quality of the video surprised me and it does the job.
Which one of the 364 they carry did you get? The "BMW Mark Style 3.0M Pixel High Resolution Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder w/ TV-Out/SD" one? (for those curious.. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bmw-mar...v-out-sd-47208)
Appreciate 0