F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus RC-F
Extreme Powerhouse

11-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lexus RC-F

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26...farah-hd2_auto

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications

Watchu guys think ?

Lack of a turbo is kind of disappointing plus the interior could be a bit better IMO. But overall seems like a good contender for the 435 M-Sport or M4.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Wait for the new Benz C63 coupe. It will obliterate this car in every aspect from straightline performance to build quality. The C63 S sedan and AMG GT with their TT V8's sound fantastic - better than the 6.2L NA even.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
ThatRWD
Major
Rep

Looks like its following the CLA's body style and interior. And a 9 Speed ?

Last edited by ThatRWD; 11-26-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Been living under the rock? This car has already been discussed for half a year in the general car forum and on F80Post.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

If you want something more comfortable than the f80, it is not a bad choice.

I personally can't stand that look and the weight of that car.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRWD View Post

Lack of a turbo is kind of disappointing plus the interior could be a bit better IMO. But overall seems like a good contender for the 435 M-Sport or M4.
Lack of a turbo is disappointing? Lack of a turbo is one of the highlights of a car. Find another car with a naturally aspirated V8 in the segment.

The interior is also miles ahead of the 4-Series, from the design/layout, materials, and overall style. It's a beautiful combination of rich leather with suede and carbon fiber. The gauge cluster and information display are also leagues ahead. The 3/4-Series interior is as boring and pedestrian as it gets compared to it.

It's a great car overall. Performance was not really a concern since there are other cars in the garage dedicated to that, but it is faster than my 380 WHP 435i after about 110 MPH.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
ThatRWD
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Lack of a turbo is disappointing? Lack of a turbo is one of the highlights of a car. Find another car with a naturally aspirated V8 in the segment.

The interior is also miles ahead of the 4-Series, from the design/layout, materials, and overall style. It's a beautiful combination of rich leather with suede and carbon fiber. The gauge cluster and information display are also leagues ahead. The 3/4-Series interior is as boring and pedestrian as it gets compared to it.

It's a great car overall. Performance was not really a concern since there are other cars in the garage dedicated to that, but it is faster than my 380 WHP 435i after about 110 MPH.
N/A cars are nice but and I havn't been able to fill that place in my heart but most if not all jap cars are N/A and its kind of lagging IMO. N/A is also great on tracks or when your going all out but day to day driving the turbos are nice, not a replacement... but still.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...lexus-rc-f.jpg

Interior comparison ... the F3x/F8x interiors are dissapointing in person because they don't look as smooth or highclass IRL, also they feel cheap to the touch, not held together well and the interior design is a set down IRL. The lexus looks bipolar, a mix of super supple soft leather and nice touch materials thrown in with Camry grade material. And the interior looks tin-canish and square. Might as well do the robot inside that car.

Personally I've been rooting for Lexus/Nissan/Acura to get their shit together in the sports sedan/coupe market because I like their reliability and I like the smoothness of their cars, mainly the transmissions in day to day driving. Lack of a dual clutch was kind of disappointing. Lack of any turbo models was pretty disappointing. Not to mention them getting their shit together would require BMW to do better as well.

E9x was the best hands on car IMO, interior design was good (yes kind of repetitive but still good), felt well put together at least on the interior. The older BMWs might have been more purist but this new stuff BMW is making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Been living under the rock? This car has already been discussed for half a year in the general car forum and on F80Post.
Sorry don't really go on the F80 forums, M4 out of my budget plus lexus doens't do interesting things that often.

Also the dry material right next to supple leather/super smooth, E9x steering wheel trim type material, looks horrible.

In the end I'm not really going to hold the turbo against them yet, but there is plenty else.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #8
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRWD View Post
N/A cars are nice but and I havn't been able to fill that place in my heart but most if not all jap cars are N/A and its kind of lagging IMO. N/A is also great on tracks or when your going all out but day to day driving the turbos are nice, not a replacement... but still.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...lexus-rc-f.jpg

Interior comparison ... the F3x/F8x interiors are dissapointing in person because they don't look as smooth or highclass IRL, also they feel cheap to the touch, not held together well and the interior design is a set down IRL. The lexus looks bipolar, a mix of super supple soft leather and nice touch materials thrown in with Camry grade material. And the interior looks tin-canish and square. Might as well do the robot inside that car.

Personally I've been rooting for Lexus/Nissan/Acura to get their shit together in the sports sedan/coupe market because I like their reliability and I like the smoothness of their cars, mainly the transmissions in day to day driving. Lack of a dual clutch was kind of disappointing. Lack of any turbo models was pretty disappointing. Not to mention them getting their shit together would require BMW to do better as well.

E9x was the best hands on car IMO, interior design was good (yes kind of repetitive but still good), felt well put together at least on the interior. The older BMWs might have been more purist but this new stuff BMW is making

Sorry don't really go on the F80 forums, M4 out of my budget plus lexus doens't do interesting things that often.

Also the dry material right next to supple leather/super smooth, E9x steering wheel trim type material, looks horrible.

In the end I'm not really going to hold the turbo against them yet, but there is plenty else.
I agree the E9x was, is a great car. I really do not like where BMW went with these new interiors. i struggle when people say the F30s are way better than the E90s. My mom drives a loaded f30 335i, and i drive a loaded E92 M3. So i have a lot of time in both cars.

Also i love a N/A engine, I would pick N/A over trubo anyday. BUT the N/A engine must be powerful. the RCF has good power coming out of a N/A engine. the problem is it weighs to much. I am looking at replacing my M3 with a corvette stingray because that setup is badass. lightweight car with big N/A V8. point being a N/A engine CAN work.
Appreciate 0