F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tour De France
Extreme Powerhouse

07-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Thumbs down Tour De France

Any cycling fans here? I am.....

I wonder if the storied race will recover from last year's scandal to this year's rolling nightmare.

Think about it..... Stripping the Mellow Johnny from Landis from last year and taking the leader of this year's tour out of the race.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=AtjT_vWdXkD4tP65aaywhuF.grcF?slug=ap-tourdefrance&prov=ap&type=lgns
      07-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Any cycling fans here? I am.....

I wonder if the storied race will recover from last year's scandal to this year's rolling nightmare.

Think about it..... Stripping the Mellow Johnny from Landis from last year and taking the leader of this year's tour out of the race.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=AtjT_vWdXkD4tP65aaywhuF.grcF?slug=ap-tourdefrance&prov=ap&type=lgns
Its already been a problem during this tour before what happened today to chickenlegs and to Rabobank. The whole astana team was pulled after Vino tested +for doping. T mobile ridiculed and Germany pulled out of broadcasting last week. And today, confidis is out due to + testosterone in one of the riders. Its a big problem, and it will take cycling some time to clean up. They can't possibly expect to do it in 1-2 years. True cycling fans will be there in the end...because its an awesome sport.
      07-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Jongie
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: E90 325i manual Black sapphire

Without yellow shirt , without Rasmussen in the 17th etappe :-(
Appreciate 0